Old 07-05-2015, 03:48 AM   #1
Rockwood 8329ss or Flagstaff 832IKBS

Looking to purchase the Rockwood 8329ss or Flagstaff 832IKBS. These seem to be identical trailers with only the words Rockwood or Flagstaff written on RV (and some of the inside materials) Visited both RV's at different dealers. Platinum and Diamond package are both available. Love the bigger type oven. Can't really decide (price for trade in may be the deal breaker).

Also considering other types of RV (Laredo or Outback by Keystone, typically same display with some minor differences)

Wanting to know if any major issues with one or both RVs (Flagstaff or Rockwood). Love the display and have read some of the posts on this forum and do realize the issue with the island and not begin able to open fridge without pull-out open.

Wondering, since there is no pantry on these RV's where are you putting your can goods? Is there enough cupboard space in kitchen for plates and pots & pans. Outside storage is it enough as there is no pull through storage on these RV's?

Thanks for any ideas or thoughts you can share

soneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 08:20 PM   #2
Rockwood/Flagstaff = Dodge/Chrysler. They come off the same line. My advice is go with the better deal.

1988 Coleman Sequoia - popup (1987-2007)
2012 Roo19 - hybid (2012-2015)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 01:09 PM   #3
We have the Rockwood and I was concerned about the lack of a pantry. I have found I have plenty of storage. I put food in the cabinet above the stove and in the island. My dishes are in cabinets above sink and there are 7 drawers in kitchen. I use cabinets above sofa for plastic bowls, baskets etc and cabinets above recliners misc stuff. The cabinets above the bed is where I store extra paper products. Having said that we have only camped as long as a week at a time. We love our TT.
Jim McCormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 09:05 AM   #4
Both brands are identical like mentioned before. I would look at the dealer's reputation for after sale service and price. Dealers will do everything to get your business but it's the after sale service that really counts...just my POV. For outside storage I had the spare tire moved to under the frame right behind the tongue. They installed a spare tire holder that is similar to the ones used on pickup trucks. I put a light weight aluminum fold-up cargo rack on the rear that I purchased from Etrailer. You can read the pros and cons of placing racks on the bumper so you may want to have a receiver hitch welded to the frame. I use lightweight Rubbermaid Action Packer storage bins on it for my hoses, power cord and sewer connectors, etc. ...nothing heavy is on the rack. This provides the extra storage that I need. Inside storage is not a problem. I use the island and cupboards by the sink for food because they are the only tall cupboards for cereal boxes, etc. Make sure that you get a second battery installed. You may also want to negotiate getting better quality tires before you drive it off of the lot. Another brand and load D. This is my 4th RV, having had 3 5th wheels, and I love it so major issues, good fit and finish.
2015 Rockwood 8329SS TT
2004 Chevy 2500HD D/A 4X4 CC SB
Andersen Weight Distribution hitch
lakejumper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 09:31 AM   #5
Citrus County, Fl.
Like lakejumber stated, see if you can negotiate away from the China Bomb tires. If they won't swap them out at least install a TPMS so they can be monitored and I would not put more than 2000 miles on them before replacing.

We just traded our 832IKBS in (Ocala, Fl). The only reason we traded is our family (son) has grown and we needed more sleeping room. Not sure where you live, but I would opt for the 2nd AC which is about $1000 more but keeps you cool. It also allows you to watch TV using the front unit so the living area is much quieter and run the living room unit at night to keep it quieter in the bedroom. This also gives you 50 amps service and splits the system so you can run both a/c units, the water heater and microwave at the same time with no issues. We also ran the fireplace and a 1500 watt heater last fall with no problems.

The diamond package is nice but if I had to do it again I would go with the platinum to get the more reflective white color. Ours was the dark brown (replaced now by tan) and found the bedroom to get extremely warm when the sun hit it. Maybe the tan color will be cooler.

The unit was easy to tow (I will be putting my 12000/1200 Equilizer wdh up here as soon as I get pictures) and the only problem we had was it seemed like the front cap had a dent at the upper left corner.
2016 Forester 3011DS
2015 Toyota Corrola S toad
PREVIOUS: 2015 Flagstaff 832IKBS
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is online now   Reply With Quote

flagstaff, rockwood