Old 08-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #11
Owner/Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
George, I have just finished the Rockwood Plant Tour yesterday. After reading about the Wildcat pin box failure and seen the pictures, I did talk to the plant on the pin box frame construction on our Rockwoods. They made a design change 3 or 4 years ago. I have attached the pictures of your frame. You will see the channel construction and the extra solidly welded gussets install. The pin box area is nothing like the Wildcat failure. I would not worry about a failure. You will see the pin box already installed when the Factory gets them. I had the 2 engineers that designed the Revolution by Reese at my site to inspect my pin box and the operations. They explained everything to me. There is a lot of misinformation being said on the forum, After talking to them and seeing the construction first hand, I'm not worried about a structural failure.
And a big thanks from me as well. For the pictures also.

I'll still proceed with the Air Hitch, as I also pull a trailer with a LED Video Scoreboard inside, and while the scoreboard is pretty rugged, anything to smooth out the ride helps.

RodeoGeorge

All My Modifications are at this link:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ons-36212.html
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #12
Owner/Operator

Am I allowed to be fickle and change my mind? LOL

Been thinking about the $3K for the Air Ride Hitch, and that money could be better spent on a Solar System and a couple of 2K Generators (Honda or Yamaha).

I'll keep my eye out for an Air Ride that meets my requirements, but think that for now I'll be passing on the outlay.

RodeoGeorge

Old 08-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #13
Tee

I approve of this message

As much as I want an air ride pin box, going totaly custom seems a bit extream.

Have you thought about installing shocks like OldCoot did? I think I have all my brackets about built and plan on installing when its not 90 outside. If it takes some of the chucking out that should help.

T

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodeoGeorge View Post
Am I allowed to be fickle and change my mind? LOL

Been thinking about the $3K for the Air Ride Hitch, and that money could be better spent on a Solar System and a couple of 2K Generators (Honda or Yamaha).

I'll keep my eye out for an Air Ride that meets my requirements, but think that for now I'll be passing on the outlay.

RodeoGeorge
Old 08-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #14
Owner/Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee View Post
I approve of this message

As much as I want an air ride pin box, going totaly custom seems a bit extream.

Have you thought about installing shocks like OldCoot did? I think I have all my brackets about built and plan on installing when its not 90 outside. If it takes some of the chucking out that should help.

T

Great suggestion.

Added to the "to do" list.

RodeoGeorge