Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2011, 07:45 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
Here are some pictures at the factory . We were there picking up our Windjammer that was being repaired for the second time,from the crack in the side-wall original reason for being repaired(design problem). They did a fantastic job this time and we were impressed with everyone at the factory. They make 20-22 units a day with a record of 33 units a day set in 2010. They will run based on model and 5th wheel or Travel Trailer. They try and keep each daily run the same model threw out the day. They start work at 530am everyday. however during the hot summer months they may start a 3am-4am to beat the hot summer sun. (no A/c in the factory).
The Wind&V lite factory was in (Millersburg) when we took our V back for repair. Doug & the same Amish people in your pictures were at (Millersberg) at that time. Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:26 PM   #22

Great pictures. I can hardly wait for the factory tours at whatever plants they have them at for the 2012 International F.R.O.G. Rally. Old Guys
Old 10-15-2011, 09:40 PM   #23

Location: Any further North Call me Cheesehead, any further east my feet be wet.
It's one thing to look at the finished product and think how great it looks, then to see it being built just puts it into a whole other perspective. I'm very impressed with my Micro-lite and now even more after seeing those pictures of the factory. Thanks for sharing.
Nuthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:16 PM   #24

Great post.
Thanks for sharing.

Bill

"I've got a mind like a steele.. a......a steele......um.....uh...... what's that thing called again?
fivecodys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:43 AM   #25

nuthouse: I see that you are interested in the micro lite.I was just reading a road test of the microlite XLT with the pull out. I was very impressed with the test and they had a jeep wrangler unlimited to pull it. This magazine which is french is probably the best rv magazine in the word but it is french. If you can get one copy it is called CAMPING CARAVANING for the month of october. They had a lots of colour photos of the trailer and the look was awsome.The decor was in tuscan cream like my minilite 2011.
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:57 AM   #26

This is really neat, I love seeing production lines and the end result. Thanks for sharing the pictures. We hope to get there someday.
2001 Lincoln Navigator All Wheel drive
hoovercab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:12 AM   #27

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
Rebel702- They don't have tours of this plant per say, but you can if your in the area try calling the plant, they may or may not let you. As I said most plant tours are after the work hours are over, because most of the workers in all the RV plants are Amish background and don't like having there pictures taken. They're plants all over this area that have tours. Just down the same road (SR-13) is the Jayco plant(huge-5 times bigger than this one),Keystone, EvergreenRV, and many, many more. Hallmark cargo trailers-(several different cargo manufactures in the area).

YOUROO- The mailing address for this Division is Millersburg, so you were at the same factory. It just past the town limits for Goshen,IN (bigger city). We stayed in Goshen and Doug Fought refered to it being in Goshen, but your right it is in Millersburg. I think Doug said the repair facility,finished unit parking is on Goshen property but the entrance to the plant is on SR-13 which is Millersburg! Hope I didn't get everyone mixed up! Thanks YOUROO --- Dave K.

David & Annamarie & 2-Pugs (Fatty and Harley)
2011 Rockwood Windjammer 3065
2011 Ford F-250 6.2- V8
2011 Hensley Arrow "NO-SWAY" Hitch
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:42 PM   #28

We toured the factory where the Ultra-lites, popups, and mini-lites are made in Millersburg in August. This factory is on Main Street in Millersburg. We drove past the factory where the Signature ultra-lites and 5th wheels are made. Our tour was very interesting and informative.
Momma Tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:21 AM   #29

momma tac: would you have some pictures of this visit or around the plan. We have a minilite that was built in that plan. Just if you have ?
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:17 AM   #30

capucine: unfortunately I didn't take any pictures...didn't even think about taking the camera. According to the gentleman that gave us our tour, tours are scheduled on Wednesday afternoons. Since there were no tours scheduled the week that we were in the area, he gave us a tour on Monday morning at 10:00 am. This factory seem to be more "open" compared to the pictures of the factory that BigRed toured. The trailer wheels were on a dolly and the trailer was pushed from one position to the other (picture yourself doing a dance step...three steps left, one step back, three steps right, one step back, etc. etc. and that is how the trailers move through the factory as they are being built). The workers at this factory are also Amish...in fact there are three generations of a family working here. Because of taking this tour, we are now considering purchasing the Rockwood 2608WS (just came out with a wardrobe slide in the bedroom). This would be our fourth Rockwood.
Momma Tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:34 PM   #31

Warranty?

"We were there picking up our Windjammer that was being repaired for the second time,from the crack in the side-wall original reason for being repaired(design problem). They did a fantastic job this time and we were impressed with everyone at the factory."

Hi BigRed,
Just joined the forum. My wife and I are looking at Rockwoods. Glad your problem is fixed. Wondering how they took care of you. Did they compensate you for traveling expenses or make it right some other way? We are from Wisconsin and I'd hate to think we'd have to pull to Indiana twice to fix a problem. We'd have $1500 in fuel expenses alone. Thanks for your help!
CliffP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:41 AM   #32

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
Sent you a private msg.!

David & Annamarie & 2-Pugs (Fatty and Harley)
2011 Rockwood Windjammer 3065
2011 Ford F-250 6.2- V8
2011 Hensley Arrow "NO-SWAY" Hitch
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:24 AM   #33

TERRIFIC PICTURES !

Some of these pictures look like my Flagstaff Classic Super-Lite 829FKSS. I do think that the Rockwood / Flagstaff has some of the best quality - more so than some of the other Forest River products.
Chillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote