Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2012, 10:14 AM   #21
Too old to be too smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Current "Thank You" hits - 3,732
I'll go out on a limb and guess that's the current High Water Mark for any and all users on this entire forum.

Can anybody here come even close or top that?

Congratulations, Herk!!

Pop

2000 F-350 7.3L CC/LB 4WD Lariat 3.73's
SpringerPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:37 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerPop View Post
I'll go out on a limb and guess that's the current High Water Mark for any and all users on this entire forum.

Congratulations, Herk!!

Pop

And he more than deserved every one of them and many more that went unsent.
1968 Pontiac Le Mans
Malco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #23

Keep posting Herk, you're doing a great service to RVers. My only question is why would you have a picture of some ugly guy as your profile pic.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #24
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hob View Post
mike54,

Tell this to herk7769 under the thread, "I love my Forest River Product." I think he bought stock in Forest River. He is a fantastic help with problems. Yet, the way he sometimes gets on the Forest River podium you need to wonder why he is there with all the help promoting Forest River.
That is TOTALLY unfair to Herk. The Herk bashing is totally uncalled for. He has done his level best to help folks with problems. You should try following his example. I am very grateful for his expertise and the volume of info he is very willing to share.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #25
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown View Post
Keep posting Herk, you're doing a great service to RVers. My only question is why would you have a picture of some ugly guy as your profile pic.
X2 Rugged, time for a change!
Old 07-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #26
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerPop

Congratulations, Herk!!

Pop
130 best I could do ! Lol
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #27

I got 2.
1968 Pontiac Le Mans
Old 07-16-2012, 11:01 AM   #28
Anacortesians

Warranty service is NO SOLUTION for crappy engineering (or maybe none) or for slipshod assembly. If the design is well done for production before anybody starts cutting metal or sawing wood, the design quality will shine through even if the assembly folks are sub-par. Our GT325 is an '02, so it's coming up on 10 years old. This is our third season with it. We have had very few issues, a rotted slide topper let water in before we spotted it and I had to build replacement cabinets for over the dinette and sofa. We've got issues with things held in place by adhesives, where the adhesive is letting go.

I was disgreeably surprised by the way the overhead cabinets were attached. With three full-length square metal tubes forming the ceiling structure, the cabinets weren't attached to them, but to the lauan plywood skin over the styrofoam ceiling insulation. I only found two screws in each cabinet that attached to structure.

Overall, we're OK with what we have. Satisfied overstates it a bit, and happy is off in the distance. A couple more seasons and we'll probably quit the game as retirement funds dwindle - unless there's a massive surge in the stock market!
Old 07-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #29

Lots of crabby and critical people on this thread. We've had our Rockwood for a full season now and yes, we've encountered some problems with the strength of the shelves and the failure of a closet rod. There are trade-offs when you buy a lightweight TT. My DH is super handy, so he just reinforced the shelves and devised a new, stronger way to keep the closet rod in place. You want all of your walls made with 1/2" plywood and your shelves too? Then expect to pay more and to have your TT weigh a lot more.

Think about it.....we take these giant shoeboxes and attach them to our truck and traverse bumps, potholes, etc. that almost knock your teeth out. And yet you expect everything to stay in place and be perfect? Naivety at its finest there. There are reasons we carry a tool box with us everywhere we go.

As for the comments about Herk, they are totally uncalled for. He is here helping people on a daily basis. He reaps no benefits except for the satisfaction he gets from helping about a fellow camper in need. To chastise him for that is childish and boorish.
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #30

I agree that the bash to Herk was totally uncalled for.

Perhaps someone should start a new thread, "I love my RV lifestyle, but my Forest River product, not so much."

I've talked to many RV'ers over the years that say they love their trailers but it's a funny thing, the more you talk to them the more you realize that it really isn't their trailer the love, it's the RV lifestyle they love.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:33 PM   #31
Avo Farmer

In the life before retirement (LBR) I worked for a large diesel engine manufacture as a regional manager. Most of the larger dealer/service centers had to maintain reserved service bays just for high end coaches the had our engines, mostly pusher chassis.

We maintained a seperate customer lounge away from the class 8 truck drivers and a special customer survey form just for RVer. Believe me we had comlaints not just on the motor but every knob, turney thing, that funny sounding thing, it didn't matter if it was a coach manufacture repair item we were asked to fix it.

When I ready the complaints about a 20-50K trailer I understand that workmanship and warranties go hand in hand no matter what type RV or the cost. Sometimes I think we who are retires just have just too much time on our hands and want to find something to talk about and someone that will listen . And you know thats OK...

If you have a good service provider who takes time to listen and tries to make your complaint the most important thing to do today, the customer feels better and the complaint are fewer. We always said a fixable complaint is an opportunity to sell another customer on our company. So we tried...

O HERK: Thanks, Thanks, Thanks (37++++) Thats what is call CSI Customer Satisfaction Index.
MikeDett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:41 PM   #32
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDett
In the life before retirement (LBR) I worked for a large diesel engine manufacture as a regional manager. Most of the larger dealer/service centers had to maintain reserved service bays just for high end coaches the had our engines, mostly pusher chassis.

We maintained a seperate customer lounge away from the class 8 truck drivers and a special customer survey form just for RVer. Believe me we had comlaints not just on the motor but every knob, turney thing, that funny sounding thing, it didn't matter if it was a coach manufacture repair item we were asked to fix it.

When I ready the complaints about a 20-50K trailer I understand that workmanship and warranties go hand in hand no matter what type RV or the cost. Sometimes I think we who are retires just have just too much time on our hands and want to find something to talk about and someone that will listen . And you know thats OK...

If you have a good service provider who takes time to listen and tries to make your complaint the most important thing to do today, the customer feels better and the complaint are fewer. We always said a fixable complaint is an opportunity to sell another customer on our company. So we tried...

O HERK: Thanks, Thanks, Thanks (37++++) Thats what is call CSI Customer Satisfaction Index.
Clap clap clap clap clap clap!
Godspeed my brother!
Old 07-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #33

Lou,

Another thanks for all you do for this forum and the assistance you have provided for so many.

It seems to never fail....I come inside from spending another day trying to make repairs to my Rockwood (the falling apart kind), get cleaned up, fire up FRF and read a question....you have already been there, answered it and moved on!

Glenn

Glenn & Beth (Dad & Mom)
David & Audra (16 year old twins)
2006 Dodge Power Wagon (Adventure & Tow Vehicle)
2006 Rockwood 8281SS (Home away from Home)
Glenn5995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #34

Herk does a great job trying o help people on her. thanks Herk.

papap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #35
Site Team - Lou

Smile

OK, everyone cut it out!

I want to send my heartfelt thanks to Hob for being personally responsible for adding over 100 "thank You" rep increases in 24 hours. Before I get a swelled head, you can go back to just thanking me when I acutally help you. My inbox was getting full and I am working off the iPhone till I get home tonight.

Thank you again for making this such a great board to belong to.
Lou
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:08 PM   #36

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
OK, everyone cut it out!

I want to send my heartfelt thanks to Hob for being personally responsible for adding over 100 "thank You" rep increases in 24 hours. Before I get a swelled head, you can go back to just thanking me when I acutally help you. My inbox was getting full and I am working off the iPhone till I get home tonight.

Thank you again for making this such a great board to belong to.
Lou

Too Funny...

Your expertise, insight and overall willingness to help on no matter what the issue is truly appreciated....
btmfdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #37
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown View Post
Just fix it!
Old 07-16-2012, 04:36 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
Just fix it!
Now I know why the helmet. To prevent from head swelling.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #39
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown

Now I know why the helmet. To prevent from head swelling.
That's a helmet? :ROFLBLACK:
Old 07-16-2012, 04:44 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
That's a helmet? :ROFLBLACK:
I always thought it was part of his really big brain.
1968 Pontiac Le Mans