Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #41
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malco

I always thought it was part of his really big brain.
Thought it was an area 51 herkaberry device unit deal.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:56 PM   #42
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
That's a helmet? :ROFLBLACK:
Yep, and your tax dollars bought it!

p.s. and the surrounding airplane.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:13 PM   #43

Rockwood's quality control is sometimes an issue, but so is Dodge's, Fords, Jayco's, Microsoft's, Dell's, Maytag's, and Bic's.... All products have problems from time to time. The RV industry, in general, seems to have a higher occurrence than many other industries, but I don't see FR or Rockwood as being any higher or lower than anyone else.

For me, it's perfect. I love to modify and "tinker". I find things that need repair or improvement, I fix them, and then I try to post so that others look to see if they have the problem, and fix it before it becomes a safety issue.

As for Herk...... There's only ONE Herklopedia, and he lives here helping all. I've learned a LOT from his posts and the references that he's guided so many of us to.

So, Herk, just it-case I haven't thanked you RECENTLY, Thank You, once again!

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB
2022 Ford Ranger toad
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:49 PM   #44

As a new RV owner- this forum and Herklopedia is where I turn to first for advice and answers to questions. I was a lot better prepared when I picked up my RV because of the many Herk articles I have read. Thanks Herk and I hope you keep the information coming.
GlacierGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #45
Hob

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
OK, everyone cut it out!

I want to send my heartfelt thanks to Hob for being personally responsible for adding over 100 "thank You" rep increases in 24 hours. Before I get a swelled head, you can go back to just thanking me when I acutally help you. My inbox was getting full and I am working off the iPhone till I get home tonight.

Thank you again for making this such a great board to belong to.
Lou
Herk,

I do want to apologize for the second post kicking at you. I only meant to take one try. I thought I had a senior moment and didn't hit the submit reply button. I guess I was faster than the electrons were running that day. Both posts appeared today. I'm subject to senior moments. However I think the list I posted under your "I love my Forest River product" is way to long for a trailer that had only been moved from Elkhart, IN to Walcott, IA.

I was told about not needing to seal the tub but my walls are covered from tub to ceiling. I may not have been right with the tires but to sell a trailer that had been on their lot too long, Cheyenne Camping Center agreed to split the cost of new tires with me. I had, by measurement, 3/32 of an inch scrubbed off in that short distance. Since then I have also filled the gap in the roof vents with foam to enhance the insulation gap they left when installing the vents. The count on the screws that needed repaired is now up to 37. You don't consider what I did something that should have been done by the factory? I'm still less than enchanted with the quality control from Forest River.

Once again, I apologize for the second swipe at you but it has been ugly hot and I was disgusted with Forest River. You were a target of opportunity at the time.

Best Regards,

Bill (Hob)
Hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:26 PM   #46
Snowsail

I want to thank Herk's wife for letting him use the forum ALL day, and thus giving us all great information.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:34 PM   #47
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowsail View Post
I want to thank Herk's wife for letting him use the forum ALL day, and thus giving us all great information.
It just shows who has the brains in the family. He is out of her hair so she can do what she wants. Smart lady!
Old 07-16-2012, 09:55 PM   #48

Thanks Herk, for your correcting my first post on this forum,we are glad you are here. I do have some problems with my Rockwood but will bring them up at a different time.
bornerdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:43 PM   #49
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hob View Post
Once again, I apologize for the second swipe at you but it has been ugly hot and I was disgusted with Forest River. You were a target of opportunity at the time. Bill (Hob)
No need to apologize (but thank you for it anyway). I think the other members were more upset about your slap down than I was. Folks forget that the board has no formal relationship with Forest River and we are just campers like you. Some of us have had problems with our campers or (in my case) their dealers that brought us here looking for solutions.

We try to keep the board as a place for folks to get help. I have to emphasize the word HELP. Griping and complaining about problems may make you feel better, but it does not help you or any one else; and just plain bums folks out.

If you have a specific problem and we can help with it we will. Sometimes a "lurking" (or overt) rep will jump in and save the day (just happened very recently in fact).

It has been pretty clear that there are always two sides to every issue and when a member comes on and his first post is a 2 page rant, most often the response is "sorry dude" and that's it. Many times the OP never returns to even look at the "sorry dude" post.

If you come here looking for help, you will get it to the best of the memberships' ability. Our satisfaction comes from knowing we "gave it a shot." Hopefully we helped you.

Yes, I do love my Forest River product. I was shocked at how inexpensive a brand new off the assembly line rolling house was ($27,500 fully equipped with all the options I wanted). It suffers a lot of abuse at my hands and still gets me to the campground and back. I fully expect to get many more years of camping out of it.

I had some problems (luckily nothing major) but for the money, my Flagstaff (Identical in floorplan, quality and manufacture to Rockwood) was a bargain.

If you hate your camper, then trade it in on a Jayco or Keystone.
They are made right down the street.
They also have forums (though I think ours is much better).
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:45 PM   #50
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown View Post
Keep posting Herk, you're doing a great service to RVers. My only question is why would you have a picture of some ugly guy as your profile pic.
Sigh, I like that picture...
OK, I will look for a more recent one.
Preferably one with a beer in it.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:08 AM   #51

Maybe just photoshop a beer on each side of your helmet.
1968 Pontiac Le Mans
Malco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:09 AM   #52

So how did Herk end up as the main toppic of this thread? There is no comparison between the two, Herk is very diplomatic and well educated, comparing him to the quality of a Forest River is not fair. Herk is good at what hie does here and after all as a pilot would you want someone less qualified then him to fly over your head??? Forest River needs to re group if there sales start dropping, they are lacking quality control or there quality level are set on the low end due to $$$$$$$$ in there pocket.

There are more Forest River products sold here on the East coast then anywhere else, so the more there are on the road the more problems that show up, but they can build a better product. I am at the point now on making a decission, should I give the RV industy one more chance or keep my money in my pocket. Yes they all have there problems, but some not as bad. I would like to see American Pride come back.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:54 AM   #53

PUT THE HELMET BACK ON!!!!! PULL DOWN THE VISOR!!!!!!!

<Just Kidding!>

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB
2022 Ford Ranger toad
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:21 AM   #54

I just want to note too that my 2011 Flagstaff 8528CKWS fifth wheel has performed near flawlessly since I purchased it. Value for dollar, I doubt if there is anything better. When I did my research before purchasing, I looked at many; Keystone, Dutchmen, Durango just to mention a few and none, IMHO, surpassed the FR Flagstaff. The doors are securely attached (I have tightened a few screws), all the systems work as expected and we are very pleased with the fit and finish and just love our floorplan. Most of our camping is with friends and compared to their models, ours exceed in quality. If ever a major deficiency occurs, I will contact FR, as I have an extended warranty or my dealer. I am also pleased with them. Now, on a more important note, I want to thank Herk for the beautiful profile picture change. I see a 100% improvement. Still wondering though, who the guy on the right is. I do enjoy the entertainment on this forum. Laughter really is good medicine. If we could all bring humour into our daily lives and interactions, we will all live longer.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:16 PM   #55

wait...Herk and Laura have a new picture!! I'm going to miss the helmet look. How did this thread veer away from Herk's incredible knowledge?!
GlacierGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:24 PM   #56
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlacierGus View Post
wait...Herk and Laura have a new picture!! I'm going to miss the helmet look. How did this thread veer away from Herk's incredible knowledge?!
Since I learn something new here nearly every day, my head was hurting in the helmet. While it fit during my flying days, my brain has swelled and no longer fits in my helmet.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Since I learn something new here nearly every day, my head was hurting in the helmet. While it fit during my flying days, my brain has swelled and no longer fits in my helmet.
I don't think the head is swelling from the knowledge, I think it's from the compliments you're getting
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:29 PM   #58
HogHead

Wow...great thread!! I on the other hand, not only have stock in Berkshire/Hathaway, i also work for the railroad uncle Warren bought with cash. I like my Rockwood. It suits our needs. Thank god it wasnt assembled north or south of our borders.We need jobs in this country! I agonise though, over when things go wrong. Because they are really out of my comfort level. These sites have helped immensely to troubleshoot some of the unknowns that i've encountered. I will share pictures when the upper bunk is completed so that my son can sleep there instead of the cat. Man that bunk is small. Off for a few weeks into the sierras with our clan!
Bauerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:54 PM   #59

Herk rules! I wish I had 1/4 of the knowledge he possess! All hail!! So far my Rockwood has been great. Wish I could say the same about my dealer.....
1999 Dodge Durango (Retired TT)
2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab 4x4
wagon52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:59 PM   #60
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagon52 View Post
Herk rules! I wish I had 1/4 of the knowledge he possess! All hail!! So far my Rockwood has been great. Wish I could say the same about my dealer.....
Truth be known, it's really Laura, Herk just does the typing.