Old 02-21-2013, 08:23 PM   #11

Kdh that's great to hear. Looks like we both came in at the approx. same price so that's good!

Old 02-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #12

We purchased a 2306 last January and have taken it out 5 times last year. It’s a great little TT. We love the Murphy bed and the floor plan is great. For storage we place our folding outside chairs and a table between the sofa and the Murphy bed with a blanket and the sofa pillows to protect the sofa and bed. So far, no problems or damage. We also installed sliding trays and shelves in the closet next to the stove and use the space for dry goods and additional storage.
I do like the idea that PUNKACCOUNT gives about the sewer stuff… great idea and that will be my first modification this spring….. My wife will be happy happy happy.
Good luck and enjoy

jomarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:33 PM   #13

I have a 2013 2306 which I used 21 nights last year. I was able to fit all my sewer hose into the rear bumper so I don't know why some guys couldn't get theirs in? I put wire racks in my pantry closet and since we have one child who sleeps in the lower bunk we turned the upper bunk into a storage area. We bought several large plastic totes which fit the space perfectly. They give us ALOT of storage. We store our outdoor chairs, ground rug, and broom under the couch with space to spare. I keep all my tools, chocks, lego pads ect. in the left front storage compartment and grill items, awning lites ect in the right front compartment. I put an extra battery box next to the stock one on the tounge and that's were I placed my bottle jack, lug wrench, rags and other roadside emergency stuff. I keep all my electric cords, water hoses and such in the rear compartment which is where the lower or third bunk would be if we did not have the Murphy bed option. We are a family of 3, wife, me and 6 year old daughter and have found the 2306 to be perfect for us. We spent 10 straight nights in the camper at Williamsburg, Va last summer with no storage problems we had everything we needed, you just have to be neat and organized that's all it takes. Also I'm not bragging but we still have a lot of empty storage space left that we have never found a use for. Those upper bunk storage totes really help out a lot. We do use our 2306 as a rolling condo, we really aren't into "woods / boondocking" camping we like a nice quite wooded campground but we camp next to theme parks and such so we mostly sleep, shower and eat a little in our 2306 and spend the day a the local attractions. So mabey that's why don't need a lot of storage.

2013 Rockwood Mini Lite 2306 w/Murphy Bed
2004 F-150 4.6 Liter 4x2 Factory Tow Package
2012 - 21 Nights Camped
2013 - 21 Nights Camped
wolfpack21643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:32 PM   #14

Thanks, Wolfpack. Very helpful info. I like the extra battery box idea. We're coming from one season in an Rpod, which has no inside storage at all (zero)... and there's 4 of us, so this will be a huge step up. Funny you mention Williamsburg... we were at the Williamsburg KOA tenting last spring... rained for 2 days solid... that's when we decided to move into an Rpod. Even getting a late start last year, we ended up at 21 nights in the Pod. For us, the Rpod was good for about 4 nights max. With the extra space the 2306 gives us, our goal is 35 nights this year.
Thanks again! We don't pick up our new unit till mid-April. Looking forward to getting out.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:48 PM   #15

We stayed at the KOA also and we are spending 10 nights there this coming summer. We love Bush Gardens and Water Country. Our journey from Tent to camper came in April last year at the Little Drummer Boy campground in Gettysburg, Pa. It rained from the time we got there Friday night until we left Sunday afternoon. We were miserable!!!

We had never thought about a camper before and we had been tent camping off and on for several years and though a camper was to expesive. On the way home we stopped at a large RV dealership in Thurmount,MD for a look and to dry out a little.

The salesman showed us a couple of RV's but every time I asked him for the price he beat around the bush and never answered. Finally after the 3rd el cheap'o camper he showed us I said look just give me the freaking price already. He gave it to me and I said "that's it, man that's a lot cheaper then I thought" His head perked up after that and he took us to the more top of the line campers.

It just goes to show just because you look like a wet, broke tent camper don't mean your broke lol !!!!!

2012 - 21 Nights Camped
2013 - 21 Nights Camped
Old 03-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack21643 View Post
I have a 2013 2306 which I used 21 nights last year. I was able to fit all my sewer hose into the rear bumper so I don't know why some guys couldn't get theirs in?
I am curious if you can fit the hose AND fittings? If so, can you tell me the brand because I'd be interested in getting one. I attached 4 3/4" PVC fence post to my rear bumper so I could store my hose and fittings. The sewer fittings are the things that don't quite fit in the bumper. Our only other option was to store the fittings in the front storage bays (the one under the bed is where we put our kids clothes), but, I didn't like that idea since they would be only like 6" away from our pillows when the bed is up in the stored position. That's why I liked the idea of the fence post. I couldn't find a brand where I could fit everything in but am still interested if there is something out there.
punkaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:34 PM   #17

My hose fits fine my ground hook up coupler is a 90 degree type so that is not fitting into any bumper. I store the coupler in a small plastic box I got at Wal-Mart that fits it to a tee. I place that into my outside storage compartment under the bunk beds next to the hot water heater. I hose everything off before putting it away so my coupler is pretty clean when it goes into the storage box and that box goes into another larger plastic box which holds my fold out sewer hose supporter and box of latex gloves.

I carry two sections of hose and I couple those together compress the hose screw the other cap on so that the hose is fully compressed then I slide that into the bumper. The ears on my hose couplers were really tight in the bumper so I just hit them with my bench grinder and ground them down till they fit. I don't know what brand they are but the hose is brown with yellow couplings, and I bought them at Wal-Mart.

Since the hose coupling is always in use when we sleep in the camper I don't see any problems with storing it this way. I also keep my never kink water hose and assorted water fittings in a plastic tote so that everything stays dry and separated. I also only use that storage compartment for outside storage items. We keep my daughters clothes in a tote on the top bunk.

2012 - 21 Nights Camped
2013 - 21 Nights Camped
Old 03-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #18

I am also looking at the 2306 with the murphy bed ,the thought i have on storage is build a flip down rack for the back bumper like ive seen on alot of new campers and add an aluminum tool box for storage. There is an RV show here this weekend & hopefully there will be something there i cant live without ... Im doubtfull though as the dealers around here just stock the Hi price rv's or the cheapest rv"s ..
Old 03-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #19

We are also considering something on the back bumper. Probably plastic. I know weight is an issue with most bumpers on the light weight TT. Just looking to store a small grill and 4 camp chairs... So maybe 25lbs or so. I've also been considering the BAL single axle levelers... And using two to level the new 2306. We already have one for our single axle, so adding another wouldn't be much more than buying two sets of the Lynx Levelers. Just trying to determine if cranking two of those things (alternating back and forth so to raise them somewhat equally) is worth it. I am buy myself somewhat often... And backing up onto levels without a spotter can be tricky.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #20

10 days at WDW sounds amazing ~ are you planning to stay at Ft Wilderness? It's soooooo nice ~ you guys will love it Be sure to take bikes or rent a golf cart (in advance) the place is huge. so much fun ahead for ya