Old 06-22-2019, 07:26 AM   #1

Rockwood Mini-Lite 2104s fridge question.

It came with a Dometic fridge/freezer. The freezer works, the fridge part not working. The fins are "cool" but not cold. How do you add coolant to these? what is it I'm to add/have added? I'm guessing these have two cooling systems? seems if they were common to one another, the freezer wouldn't work either. And in that vein, I've only seen that the freezer is "cold", not checked for "will it freeze stuff".

And another quick question, this little trailer has those kind of oval /oblong shaped lights in the ceiling how do you remove the cover to change the bulb? Does it just pry off?

Any help appreciated.
mitch

rynegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 07:42 AM   #2
GOODBYE SUIT - HELLO RV!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynegold View Post
It came with a Dometic fridge/freezer. The freezer works, the fridge part not working. The fins are "cool" but not cold. How do you add coolant to these? what is it I'm to add/have added? I'm guessing these have two cooling systems? seems if they were common to one another, the freezer wouldn't work either. And in that vein, I've only seen that the freezer is "cold", not checked for "will it freeze stuff".

And another quick question, this little trailer has those kind of oval /oblong shaped lights in the ceiling how do you remove the cover to change the bulb? Does it just pry off?

Any help appreciated.
mitch

For your refrigerator you probably just need to adjust the refrigerator temperature cooler. There is a white plastic rectangular thermostat adjuster that is clipped to the fin on the farthest right. You slide that adjuster up and down to adjust temperature - there is a guide on the refrigerator wall next to it with an arrow that show "colder" so you know which way to slide the adjuster. That will make the fridge colder.

The lighting is LED so you should never have to change a bulb. If one is not working, likely some other issue. First make sure your main lighting switch is ON at the panel. From there you can adjust individual lights off if that is your preference. If your issue is over the Murphy Bed, there is an extra switch that just operates the over-the bed-lights so you can turn them on and off without touching them. It is a toggle located on the cabinet beneath the "nightstand" on the entry door side of the camper. Right above the USB charger and outlets.

Hope that helps

2012 Jayco X23B Hybrid
2009 R-Vision C243S Hybrid
2006 Coleman Bayside PUP
HappyCamper1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 09:03 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCamper1962 View Post
For your refrigerator you probably just need to adjust the refrigerator temperature cooler. There is a white plastic rectangular thermostat adjuster that is clipped to the fin on the farthest right. You slide that adjuster up and down to adjust temperature - there is a guide on the refrigerator wall next to it with an arrow that show "colder" so you know which way to slide the adjuster. That will make the fridge colder.
Here's a pic:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Thermistor pic.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	207943

Up is colder, down is warmer.

Also, the thermistor likes to slide down out of the plastic holder, so even though you have the holder pushed up, the thermistor may not be all the way up.

Bouncing while driving down the road can cause it to drop, so you usually need to check it after driving.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 05:25 PM   #4

Okay, so I had to look up "thermistor" 😄... and indeed, mine wasn't even in the little sliding thing! Yes folks, your thermistor must be actually be properly deployed to do any good'. It's a little flexible plastic wand w/a tip on it kind of like a kernel corn sticking out of the refrigerator on the inside.. it must be inserted and the little white sliding thing attached to the fins in your fridge. So if this happens to anyone else, it's not just the "fin plastic thingie" is the thermistor inserted into the bottom of it that's doing the work.

Thanks! mitch
rynegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 02:10 PM   #5

Thermister fix

My plastic slider is kind of loose so I took one of the small binder paper clips that have the two handles on them to clip over the plastic part. It doesn't move now unless I want it too.

It looks like this:https://www.amazon.com/s?k=binders+c...l_9smzvnca0r_e
TV: 1999 Dodge 2500 Cummins 4x4
Honda EU2000i Generator, 200 Watts Solar
Ham Callsign KD7UM
UT_Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 08:40 PM   #6

First make sure your main lighting switch is ON at the panel. From there you can adjust individual lights off if that is your preference. If your issue is over the Murphy Bed, there is an extra switch that just operates the over-the bed-lights so you can turn them on and off without touching them. It is a toggle located on the cabinet beneath the "nightstand" on the entry door side of the camper. Right above the USB charger and outlets.

It might depend on the model year...in our 2017 2104S the master switch for the lights over the Murphy bed is a toggle on the underside of the cabinet on the far ("driver's" side), away from the entry door. Opposite side from where the USB charger and 120V outlets are.

jackconn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
210, fridge, lite, rockwood