Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2016, 08:11 AM   #1

Rockwood mini lite 2306 fridge

We bought brand new rockwood mini lite 2306 back in march took her out on first voyage for the the 4th of July and we have no refrigerator:-( Called dometic and they gave us a certified on site repair person . They came looked at it and said the coils are blocked. Said we are going to have to get a new fridge. Anyone know what could cause this to happen. It was just manufactured in December. Was very frustrating being we just bought it and fridge didn't work. Thank goodness for warranty but I hear you have to leave it for a long time to get fixed as most certified rv repair places are backed up:-( We have paid for the whole month to stay where we are at and they have a no refund policy. We went and bought a mini fridge temporarily. Just curious if anyone has any insight to any of it. Thanks
countryluvengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:42 AM   #2

That's one of the many things to check before taking delivery. Unfortunately (and I was one of them) many people don't know to verify everything is working when buying a trailer. A decent dealer would have tried it and caught it before you came to look at it but, well, some just aren't decent. Most likely a factory defect if it hasn't worked from day one unless you tried to run it without it being somewhat level. That COULD screw it up I guess, although I don't have any personal experience with having one die.

Now, as to leaving it for repair, they'll probably have to look at it and then order parts. Here again, depends on how decent the dealership is as to how prompt they are with the ordering. Also has to do with how much and what type of work they're doing. You may consider having them look at it, then order what they need and let you know when it comes in so you don't have to leave it.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:12 PM   #3
Site Team

The entire fridge will need to be replaced. Ask them to order on Monday and call you once they have it. It should be a one day job.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 12:57 PM   #4

We did a walk through before picking it up and had mentioned the fridge was cool but not cold and they said it's cause they didn't have it turned all the way up.
Old 07-04-2016, 05:36 PM   #5

That indicates that it was working at some point. What probably happened is that they had just turned it on not too long before you looked at it. It can take a number of hours to actually get cold. Mine takes about 6 - 8 to freeze. Did you, by any chance, leave it turned on while it wasn't level?
Old 07-04-2016, 06:16 PM   #6

No. We had plugged in night before we were going to leave when chkd before leaving 12 hrs later the freezer was cool but the fridge was still warm. So ran 2 more hours on gas to destination and it was still warm no change. Called dometic certified person they came and said the cooling coil was clogged.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:17 PM   #7

I'm assuming you did push the slider up the whole way for maximum coldness? Not trying patronize you, but some don't realize there is a temp control.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:23 PM   #8

Yes we did:-)
Old 07-04-2016, 07:25 PM   #9

If the coil is clogged its impossible for the freezer to operate? Sounds like the authorized Dometic tech wanted to line his pockets a little better.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2306, fridge, rockwood, rockwood mini lite