Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2014, 09:43 PM   #1

Rockwood mini lite 2502s reviews

Just purchased a 2014 Rockwood mini lite 2502s tt. Looking for opinions and or reviews from owners of this model. Let me know what you think! Thanks
gserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:35 AM   #2

Smile WayneMcElrath

My Wife & I purchased also a 2014-2502s mini-lite when they first came out last year. We're very pleased with our purchase but a little disappointed with some of the workmanship. Mostly small stuff but I would think Forest River would require more pride in their workers performance. As far as the 2502s, we have done some modifications such as installing more doors on storage areas where panels where, installed a slide out drawer below the forward seat of the dinette, in the process of installing other slide outs in the kitchen cabinets, a shelf for our satalite receiver, installed a flip down shelf at the end of the sink cabinet with a safety lockout switch for the slide. We have 200 watts of Solar with an inverter for watching TV or charging items. As you can guess, I love to get the most from an RV. Overall, we really enjoy ours!
WayneMcElrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:40 AM   #3

Thanks Wayne. We have not taken possession or had a PDI yet. This will make me go over things before I sign the papers.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:24 AM   #4

Hi Wayne
Thanks for your review. Do you have any pics of your modifications? How much kitchen counter space is there?
PTLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:33 AM   #5

Gserve and Wayne
Am curious as to why you chose this particular model. Is this a couples trailer or do you bring guests along frequently? What vehicle do you tow with and (wayne) is it easy to get in most campsites; etc.?
thanks again...making a decision soon.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:03 PM   #6

PT Lady for me this is a couples trailer. I just upgraded from a 19' tt. Even though the 19' tt was a good size for 2 people and had all the ammenities it didn't have a sink in the bathroom or comfortable seating to watch TV on a rainy day. Had to watch TV sitting on the end of the bed. So we decided that our next tt was going to have a sink in the bathroom and a couch to watch TV at night and rainy days if we stay in the tt. As for counter space it really has none. There is a glass cover on the stove and cutting board cover for sink if needed. I tow with a 2012 Toyota Tundra Dbl cab pickup
Old 02-13-2014, 06:26 PM   #7

Thanks gserve! Any information is appreciated. We are moving up from a pop up after 18 years and were going between the 2109 and 2502. didn't want a huge camper but are not sure if the 2109 would be too small. We have a chevy silverado 1500 so I would imagine it would tow this just fine. I guess we could make do with the counter space. Are there plenty of cabinets?
Old 02-13-2014, 09:54 PM   #8

gserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by gserve View Post
Thanks Wayne. We have not taken possession or had a PDI yet. This will make me go over things before I sign the papers.
Be sure to check the A/C vents for chunks of wood left in them. We even had a chunk of wood come down into the gray water drain valve that prevented us from closing the valve once it was open until it was dismantled to release it. One other area to watch is the lower drawers below the bed. Once we pulled ours out, the rear brackets pulled away from the floor. It was being held down with only one screw. This happened on all four of the drawers next to the floor. Was easy to fix but shouldn't have had to.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:34 PM   #9

Thanks for the info/warning... wow...workmanship should be better! This is a big step for us going from a pop up to tt...
Old 02-14-2014, 02:12 AM   #10

Thanks I will check those things. Do you have the electric awning and if you do does it have LED lights on the rail?
Old 02-14-2014, 04:27 PM   #11

gserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by gserve View Post
Thanks I will check those things. Do you have the electric awning and if you do does it have LED lights on the rail?
Yes we do have an electric awning with LED lighting on the rails. The lighting came as a surprise to us but it is really a great feature. Wayne McElrath
Old 02-15-2014, 10:48 PM   #12

Wayne
Have you found the lack of counter space by the kitchen sink problematic? I guess you gain somethings but can't have it all
Old 02-16-2014, 03:07 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTLady View Post
Wayne
Have you found the lack of counter space by the kitchen sink problematic? I guess you gain somethings but can't have it all
By adding the flip-up shelf on the side of the cabinet next to the sink, my wife says that it's workable. In my opinion, this is the only area of space this RV is short on. I've got something else in mind to add more kitchen space but don't want to comment on it until I give it much more thought & possible try it. I'll comment later if it all works out without any problems.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:27 PM   #14

Can anyone tell me if the TV that comes with these units have HDMI ports
Old 02-23-2014, 09:11 PM   #15

I have a 2010 mini lite 2502s. It came with a 22 inch toshiba flat screen. The television has two HDMI ports.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Forest River Forums mobile app
pvillebly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:17 PM   #16

Thanks pv don't know what brand the TV is yet. Hope it has some. By the way how do you like your 2502s?
Old 02-23-2014, 10:14 PM   #17

Love it. Big enough for me and my wife plus occasional grandchildren. Small enough to tow easily tow and maneuver in the campgrounds. Haven't seen anything better for us.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forest River Forums mobile app
pvillebly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:08 PM   #18

We just purchased this model today, a 2013 on the dealer's lot. A few things are missing (which the dealer promises to replace) so we were unable to determine where the awning switch is or the thermostat for the furnace. Also the switches for the water pump, water heater (elec-gas), tank gauges, etc. Any clues? (There is some kind of electrical panel missing next to where the TV attaches. We think that this camper may have been "mined" for small parts while on the dealer's lot.) We are downsizing from a 34' Flagstaff, so the loss of size will be an adjustment, but this camper is the size we wanted, has space for our cat's litter box, and we can access virtually everything (except perhaps some "missing" switches??) when the slideout is in. Other than the lack of kitchen counter space & storage, it's perfect for the two (well, three) of us. Also, coming from Flagstaff, the finish & materials, and some of the little niceties, are very familiar. We love the huge passthru compartment.
Wayne, I'm quite interested in the flip-down counter you installed; did you get that thru Forest River or some other after-market source? Did you install it yourself? And what did you mean by a slideout lock?
Thanks, all!
catmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:47 AM   #19

We have the 2014 2104s. So far issue have been tounge jack stopped working, selas on the slide need adjusted. you could see light when the slide was in.inside as cover mounting screws lossened and caused a loud whislte noise. screws ended up being stripped out. read out for black and gray tank were reversed. All minot issues and have been fixed under warranty.
Prothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:18 AM   #20

Catmom:
Is there not much storage space either? I thought there was. How could the dealer have sold this trailer with the missing switches? I sure hope they gave you a good deal..
Other than that, you love it? We are toying between 2502 and 2109

Tags
rockwood