Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2015, 08:28 AM   #181

Our New Camper has been in service more then not

We purchased a new 30 foot RF trailer. And the reason we purchased new was to not have problems with it. Our camper if you total up the time in service and the time we have had it CW wins. Every time we used it something doesn't work, we bring it in and of course the warranty doesn't cover any of it. And to have them look at a problem it's more money. So this is how it works. If something is broke and you have a service guy look at it, it is so much money (which of course is not cheap) and if that problem is not covered under your warranty then you pay that and what it cost to have it fixed. We have asked for a list of what is covered and what is not can't get one nor can we get a manufacturer pamphlet on the camper, we were told there is none. So we only camped in it like maybe 10 times and the last trip the closet side out would only go out half way and once we pushed out it would only go in half way. We were told we could go to any CW for repairs my son was getting married 9 hours away. When the side out issue came about. Found one which was 1 hour out of our way and the treatment was rude and they didn't seem to care we were states away. Any way that is why it was pushed in and out. Upon our return home it was taken to the CW where we purchased it from it's not the track it's the wiring which would cost $65 for the wire and $15 for shipping and then more for labor. Oh did I mention this to is not covered under warranty. Any way that is what my husband does for a living is wiring, he is a maintenance for thirty years at Dean Foods. So he told them not to fix it he would but if they can show him where this wiring is, and where the over ride or manual is. Yep you guess it $150 to show him that. My husband told him we were not happy with all of these problems we are having and he said yeah some people have a lot of problems and other have none. That makes me feel good, I feel like this camper is nickel and dimming us. Do other place beside CW have this problem especially with warranty issues. Because our next camper we were looking at is a drivable but would not go back to CW again. This was just one of our problems the list would be endless.
Fungirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 09:02 AM   #182

Fun girl,if your unit is NEW and the Stealer (CW) is charging for parts & Labor,you are getting Ripped by them (CW) not FR! I also take it you Didnt buy the 2nd Year FR coverage? I think you should have been on FRF WAY BEFORE now! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 09:10 AM   #183

We did purchased the extended warranty but then again per CW nothing so far has been covered.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:17 AM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fungirl View Post
We did purchased the extended warranty but then again per CW nothing so far has been covered.
Something wrong with that girl. I would get in touch with Forest River. And try to find another stealer.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 11:22 AM   #185

This is starting to have a Funny Smell! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 02:06 PM   #186

Fresh tank

Unless they sent heavier replacement parts, its a bandaid, not a fix. Not traveling with water should be a gas saving opportunity, not a safety issue. It sounds like the fresh water framework should be a recall. Dropping a tank is not an inconvenience, it's a MAJOR safety issue!

If holding tank mounts don't hold up to traveling when full, perhaps Rockwood should drop "travel" from the title travel trailer.
voicebugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 02:31 PM   #187

Fungirl

Your purchase documentation should state the warranty. It sounds like you're getting ripped off. As stated, contact FR, but I'd also be contacting the BBB.
voicebugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:31 PM   #188

Well we called the warranty and yes it is the wiring harness and it is covered. Then we called CW and told them it was to be cover the manager said well it is not the harness it is the wires, dumb***. But he would get with the tech. He is the manager back there geez I wish we would have never bought from them just headache after headache. It would not be so bad but I have had seven surgeries in the last year and a half and camping was my relaxation, and about the only thing I can do.. Any way they are to get with the warranty place and call us to bring it back (ugh) and they can fix it before winter. Last spring we bought it in, in May for repairs (accident some trucker clipped corner at rest area) our next camping trip was scheduled for July 10th and we told them we needed it before then oh we will get done before then we called and called no, awning is on back order now it's July 1st nothing has been done. So we drive in and my husband want to see the manager of service and the parts department said we were not happy with their service. I think they hear that so much it mean nothing...any way my husband told them to take one off a trailer there and then put new one on that one. Simple! We picked it the day before we were to leave. Get to camp ground and legs don't go down and front leg won't go down every thing has got to be done manually. So we have to take it back any way because they did not fix things from being clipped and now this, strange thing is that it worked when we brought it in the first time, now to look and find the problem you guess it $129.00 it was the breaker/fuse on the underside we had no clue that was even there because we looked at the fuses in the trailer.. My husband is like how would it pop, he was at work and he figured it out the service guy said that he tried to get the awning out and it would not go out he popped that! So again we had to pull teeth to get them get them to not charge us. I am not sure if they know we just got the camper and only camped in it like 9 times. But this is crazy we were talking about getting a drivable in two to three years but never would we get another one from them.. You know when we were looking they came at us like flies on *** and were so people pleasing but after you sign, that over you are at their mercy. Any way I told my husband we bring it back now they put us on top of the list so we can get it back to close it up. And no we will not wait until spring because God know how long that will take. Ok I think I am done venting thanks for listening to me!
Old 10-19-2015, 03:54 PM   #189
1+ Yrs of Trailering :0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS502 View Post
Yikes we had QA issues, but nothing like yours. We had to have the kitchen counter-top and medicine cabinets replaced. There was a bolt too long on the slide, which put a big gash in the floor. It took the dealer four tries to get the problem resolved. The microwave screws were stripped, so it started to come out on the 5th use of the trailer. We have had a battery issue, which is likely the battery not the trailer.
Just because the battery is new doesn't mean it can't be a bad one...ours was and it has been replaced by the dealer at no cost to us
Old 12-16-2015, 05:33 PM   #190

We just got our 2016 Mini Lite 2503s back after having some repairs made. We had a new inverter, a new back door and the back window re-sealed under warranty so its all ready to go camping now.
We will get outta here for a week or 10 days in March. Gotta go out to the West Texas Bad Lands and Big Bend National Park. We gonna
Rockwood 2503s
debandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:36 PM   #191
Ambassador

I looked at the 2504S but I didn't need the bunk beds, I went with the 2504KS instead. The bed is fixed, it has a front window, the couch is in the slide with the kitchen and pantry, and that's opposite of the dinette and fridge. It has more pass through storage and a lot more storage in the bathroom. It's just me and the wife and our 2 dogs. We really like the front window, it lets a lot of natural light in.

Ken K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 08:23 AM   #192

Days Camped. 2015: 17
Days Camped 2016: 58
keeprr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:17 PM   #193

What do you have for a hitch set up and what are your realistic tongue and trailer weights (when loaded)?
Jaque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 11:12 AM   #194

We have a 2016 2504s and just love it. Mods so far are upgrade to 3 batteries in the front, made the little wall to get to the winterizing valves easier to remove, sealed the kitchen sink and tub better. Also put in a digital voltmeter in the control panel. Replaced the 24 inch tv with 32 inch, much better viewing. I don't use a WDH, seems pretty stable with the truck now. I have a anti sway bar that I am in the prosses of installing. On the way home from the dealership we weighed the truck and trailer. Weighed within about 50 pounds of what the yellow sticker said. My young weight probably went up about 75 pounds or so because of the extra batteries. Been camping 3 times, once in the yard, two times at local state parks. The grandkids love the bunks. Ours are 30 inches wide. Jay
Jay2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 01:08 PM   #195

MiniLite 2504s and dinette table stabilizing

Hello. Here in eastern Iowa, we just did our first night of camping in the 2016 season.

We bought our 2504S in August, 2014 and have really enjoyed the space and floor plan. The pull down Murphy bed was and remains a real plus for my wife and I. The dealer experience was a big disappointment and the unit came with a crumpled person entry door bad enough that the factory had to send a new one. We would recommend it.

--------

Also there have been many discussions of the tables. Ours came with poor quality "card table" legs and it was very unstable and the legs were a big problem getting in and out.

We bought the snap leg set and replaced the others ourselves. It was still pretty wobbly from side to side. Last season I tried some threaded rod braces to try to steady it, but wasn't successful.

At the end of the season I took two 2x4 wood pieces and carefully trimmed to lengths that would fit firmly into the top channel and sit on top of the bottom horizontal foot metal. If I did things right, there should be a photo attached that shows it.

It really did well last night. Very steady.

I only put them on the sink side to keep open the maximum amount of space for the people sitting on the back side of the dinette.

Best wishes and happy camping.

Dale
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	table stabilizers MiniLite.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	319.3 KB
ID:	107054  
dkrohse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 02:11 PM   #196

I have the same concerns about this particular table, I like your fix looks great got to try it in my camper. Thanks for sharing and happy camping
Snipe32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 11:57 PM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrohse View Post
Also there have been many discussions of the tables. Ours came with poor quality "card table" legs and it was very unstable and the legs were a big problem getting in and out.

Dale
Dale - Did your table legs look like these?

27 5" Folding Table Leg Cream Tan Color RV camper Heng's HG FL275 | eBay

My popup had these and we really didn't have any issues with the table (for 20 yrs!). Very easy to fold up the legs to put the table down.

I've seriously thought about replacing my crappy FR legs with a set of these. Only difference I was worried about is that the FR table is much heavier than my popup table was.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 12:15 PM   #198

MiniLite 2504s and dinette table stabilizing

Hi Rockfordroo, yes, they did look like that as it first came from the factory.

Our issue was that we would have to crawl over the seat in order to sit on the far side next to the window. The snap up legs remove that problem.

Heading back out for our third nite at the campground. Yeah!

Dale
dkrohse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 04:32 PM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrohse View Post
Hi Rockfordroo, yes, they did look like that as it first came from the factory.

Our issue was that we would have to crawl over the seat in order to sit on the far side next to the window. The snap up legs remove that problem.

Heading back out for our third nite at the campground. Yeah!

Dale
Thanks. Not sure what I'll do. It's sturdy enough, just a PITA to fold down when necessary. Some folks have gone the post route, but others have said that's unstable, too. What to do? What to do?

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:04 PM   #200
Sunny Cove

Leaking Slide when Traveling

Hi all 2504s Owners,

We have our 2015.5 2504s into our dealer four times to resolve the water infiltration from under our slide which only occurs when driving with wet pavement. Has anyone else experienced this and have you been able to get it fixed?

Thanks in advance!!!
Sunnycove is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood