Old 09-23-2014, 01:37 PM   #101

Hey Craig,

Went looking around at several dealers in the area saw this on the lot and loved it, Cherry finish and all. Under belly is not heated but I think one of the options would be heated tanks which we do not have. And your right, when ever you can gain extra inches on the bunks its a good deal.

Happy traveling,
Snipe32

Old 09-23-2014, 09:18 PM   #102

I was suspecting that the bunks were wider, but never did take a tape measure to them yet.
I did not get i closed underbelly, it wasn't an option for me when I ordered. Everything came out exactly as we ordered.

Old 12-06-2014, 06:57 AM   #103

We anticipate getting this or the 25bhs micro. The beige exterior comes with the optional sapphire package, makes for a good looking unit. Inventory is slim around these parts right now, RVW has two. The show comes up in Jan., hope to see some there. Several other manufacturers are making a similar model. The FR ones are a little shorter and I could use that in the barn. My neighbor said I was not building it big enough. There are a few YouTube videos on these as well.
Old 12-06-2014, 11:19 AM   #104

Question about the 25bhs. There is a side shelf next to the sofa which looks like it makes it really hard to get to the shirt closet. Has anyone physically stood there and tried to reach into the closet? Looks like a far reach to me and the DW. We presently have a 2306 and love it but someday want to make a small upgrade and this 25bhs is one we have looked at. Probably that shelf unit can be removed.
Old 12-06-2014, 11:55 AM   #105

My 2504s has a raised carpeted area that you can put your knee on an reach the shirt closet. It is there because I have a pass through storage area under it. It is not a problem for us. We really like this floor plan.
Charliec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 11:56 AM   #106

If you are talking about the FR 2504s mini than the shelf you may be talking about is on both sides of sofa and these can not be removed. Right under the sofa is a pass thru storage. We have had ours for 9 months and several camping trips and just love it. Lots of storage inside as well
Snipe32
Old 12-06-2014, 02:21 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe32 View Post
If you are talking about the FR 2504s mini than the shelf you may be talking about is on both sides of sofa and these can not be removed. Right under the sofa is a pass thru storage. We have had ours for 9 months and several camping trips and just love it. Lots of storage inside as well
Snipe32
Oh I see. Ya, lots of storage that way and that's helpful for sure. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:28 PM   #108

It depends on which model year for your 2504s. And even then there seems to be a split from early 2015 and beyond. We have a 2015 and there is a carpeted "landing" on each side of the couch for the pass thru storage than can be kneeled on to reach the closet (cabinets). But starting mid way thru 2015 the carpeted landing became an actual shelf with a counter top and the pass thru went away. Now instead of pass thru there is a large drawer under the couch and they added more storage doors on the outside. I prefer the pass thru myself, but some people may like it the other way. I will try to attach a pic, and in the pic you will see the couch and the carpeted landing (about 10" lower than the arm of the couch). The new models have a shelf about level to the arms of the couch. We love our design. Some of the newer 2504s has some things we don't like. The wall separating the bunks from the living area goes from floor to ceiling in ours, not so in the new ones. The closet next to the fridge in ours is outside the bathroom, but inside the bathroom in the new ones (with a diagonal wall/door). We do like the closet in the bathroom instead of outside the bathroom, that was a good change). The closet by the slide out in the new ones is only half as deep with a tall outside storage compartment now on the back side of the closet (we like the deeper interior closet without the outside door). Things like that. They change them up so often it can be hard to keep trackClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1417908336.460444.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	363.7 KB
ID:	67212

Old 12-06-2014, 06:58 PM   #109

Changes to the 2504s

Thanks for the info, did not know of the changes in the same year,but by e picture you have the same as ours..
Old 12-06-2014, 07:42 PM   #110

If you go to rv trader or one of those kinds of sites and look at the inventory of 2504s that is out there, the changes are somewhat dramatic in the same model year

Tags
rockwood