Old 03-11-2015, 03:41 PM   #131

I got mine at Lowes. They were just before the cabinet hardware. I forget exactly what they were called but they were some kind of hook.

Charliec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:37 PM   #132

Rockwood Mini Lite 2504s

I found a towel rack and a toilet paper holder in my new 2504S. Does anyone have any suggestions, as to where to install them?

Old 03-13-2015, 01:45 PM   #133

We ordered a 2016 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BHS (same unit as a 2504s) last week and we are excited for it to come in around mid-May. The dealership is offering a spray on protective sealant, under coating and fabric protectant package for the camper. Does anyone have any feedback on whether it is worth it or not?

I owned a 2003 AreoLite Expandable a few years ago that was a bit faded by the sun, so I was considering this option as we plan to hang on to this one for quite a while.

Thank you for all your previous posts; there is a lot of insight available here.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:48 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornsky65 View Post
We ordered a 2016 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BHS (same unit as a 2504s) last week and we are excited for it to come in around mid-May. The dealership is offering a spray on protective sealant, under coating and fabric protectant package for the camper. Does anyone have any feedback on whether it is worth it or not?

I owned a 2003 AreoLite Expandable a few years ago that was a bit faded by the sun, so I was considering this option as we plan to hang on to this one for quite a while.

Thank you for all your previous posts; there is a lot of insight available here.
This sounds just like the games that car dealers play. You pay a bunch of money for snake oil that does nothing. Bet that whole package is at least $500. Ask them this: if you get a stain on your fabric that will not come off will they replace the fabric for free? If your trailer fades in ten years will they resurface it for free? You get the idea. I would run from that deal as fast as you can.

If you want to protect your fabric buy a can of Scotchguard. It will be better than what they use. Protect your camper from fading by keeping it in the shade when in storage or buy a cover. Wax it often. Undercoating, for cars it is a waste and probably trailers too. Read that in certain situations can cause more problems than they prevent. JMHO.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:03 PM   #135

I mounted mine at the top of the inside of the door under the sink. Not far away but out of the way. Towel bar is in a box somewhere. I put an over the door rack on the BR door, used velcro to keep it in place and put a bungee cord around the towels to keep them in place when moving. Not much of an idea but different.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:22 PM   #136

Hi there RShelton. In 2012 we bought a new 2503S Rockwood MiniLite. We loved it. We didn't have any issues at all with it. It has a very large rear bathroom. Thats what sold it for me anyway. It has 2 entry doors also. One slide. It has the Murphy bed setup that we liked alot too. We thought it would be perfect for just the two of us as our kids are grown and on their own. After 3 years of using it we sold it this month to our son and we upgraded to a Sabre 5th wheel. It is hard to part with our MiniLite. It is a great trailer. We looked at alot of MiniLite versions then. They seem to be well built and put together. I think you will be very happy with it.
Belgrade, MN
previous owners of MiniLite 2503S
new ownders of Sabre 32BHOK 5th wheel
Old 04-25-2015, 12:05 AM   #137

We purchased a 2015 2503s and have found it to be a very nice TT. We love the large bathroom and the flexibility of having the Murphy bed. It's the perfect size for my wife and I and the dinette bed is perfect for our young grandchildren. Love it!!
Old 04-27-2015, 04:31 PM   #138

We just got home from 5 days in South Padre with our new Rockwood 2304DS. We towed it with our new F-250 6.7. Hardly knew we had a trailer. What a truck! Had a F-150 that was ok. The 2304 with two slides and a murphy bed is awesome. We had plenty of room and i love the glassed in shower. Never a drop on the floor. We are very impressed with the Rockwood, seems like good quality. Our only problem was the iVR 33 stero would not play CD's. I have heard of lots of problems with that unit. It will be replaced under warranty. Our next trip is to Big Bend for two weeks.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:40 AM   #139

Wife is 100% sold on 2504S.... Our rig is a 2014 VW Tuareg TDI Diesel. It is a commuter so I don't want to swap it out for a truck or larger SUV. Pulling power looks fine (7700lbs), but length and hitch weight are possible concerns. Anyone have any absolute "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" with this configuration? How about mitigating/minimizing safety concerns with vehicle modifications? I intend to install a brake control and sway bar prior to towing, but I'm open to any additional ideas. Like I said... Wife loves this trailer!
Old 05-07-2015, 05:58 AM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontoonKing View Post
Wife is 100% sold on 2504S.... Our rig is a 2014 VW Tuareg TDI Diesel. It is a commuter so I don't want to swap it out for a truck or larger SUV. Pulling power looks fine (7700lbs), but length and hitch weight are possible concerns. Anyone have any absolute "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" with this configuration? How about mitigating/minimizing safety concerns with vehicle modifications? I intend to install a brake control and sway bar prior to towing, but I'm open to any additional ideas. Like I said... Wife loves this trailer!
I had a Nissan Pathfinder when I changed trailers and got a 2504s. As we were driving down the road from the dealer to camp for one night we decided the car was not a good match for the length and size of the camper. The wheelbase was too short and we felt like the car had no weight compared to the trailer. We purchased a used Ford Expedition which is much more appropriate for this size camper.

greti is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood