Old 08-14-2015, 09:06 AM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanreever View Post
We have taken ours on 3 trips so far and can only find one flaw in the design. The screen door is a pain to close. We bought a handle and wala! Problem solved. Floorplan is perfect. Storage is abundant and it trailers great with my F150 using an E2 wd hitch. Huge props to Forest River on this model.
We picked our new 2504s up last week and when I saw your screen door comment, I have to ask, what handle did you buy? We are noticing the same thing with our screen door, we have the camper perfectly level but the screen door latch needs to be forced shut to stay put.
Otherwise, so far so good, though. Planning to practice with it in the backyard this weekend and go out on a real trip next week.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:34 AM   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Campers View Post
We picked our new 2504s up last week and when I saw your screen door comment, I have to ask, what handle did you buy? We are noticing the same thing with our screen door, we have the camper perfectly level but the screen door latch needs to be forced shut to stay put.......
It's a common problem. I had to do a little re-aligning to my screen door latch. All good after that. The handle helps you pull the door closed and is available on Amazon. Also campers world.

Old 08-14-2015, 10:40 AM   #163

Amazon. Fairly easy to mount. I ditched the instructions and did it my own way. Came out good. When I go out to finalize packing for this weekends trip I will take a pic for reference.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:51 AM   #164

Here is the handle I mounted on the inside to make it easier to close the screen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1439563796619.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	85622  
Old 08-14-2015, 11:02 AM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanreever View Post
Here is the handle I mounted on the inside to make it easier to close the screen
We first put one in like that, then mounted another bar like that at the top of the screen door because we found 2 other uses for them. First, they make a great tower bar for all of the slightly wet towels you end up with. Second, a towel on the top bar makes a great window shade for the window in the door. It blocks all the light that comes in in the morning when you want to sleep later than the sun comes up.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:05 PM   #166

Thanks! I'm going to show that to my husband this weekend.

2016 Rockwood MiniLite 2504s
2013 Ford F-150 5.0 4x4
5Campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:13 PM   #167

We have spent 30 nights in our 2015 2504. It missed a lot of the new improvement we wish we had. Like the door on the slide out to access the storage under the dinette, and the wider bunks. Out bunks are only 24"x72 plenty long for the children but still not a lot of space. We will be upgrading in the next few years because of that mostly.

We have had a few problems, 1 speaker quit working {wire came loose}, trim piece fell off, the latches for the murphy bed screws got loose and stripped out right away, the dealer installed support behind them and bigger screws so it doesn't happen again. I also replaced the water filter with another cartridge from home depot, we have been to 2 camp grounds that had stinky water which wrecked the filter and at $30 a piece, I could get an equal filter cartridge for $20 from home depot and replaceable filters that are equal to the oem filter for $4.50 each.

I tow it with a 2012 Ram 1500 with a 5.7 and 3.55 gears it has plenty of power for the trailer I average about 9 mpg towing at 65 mph. I also use a 4 pt equalizer hitch. It is awesome absolutely no sway or wiggle at all from that trailer even when being passed by semis on a windy day. I would highly recommend that hitch, they are expensive but will add years to your life due to the lack of stress. They make noise even with the silencers but you know it is working then.

The heater works great we camped 4 nights in low 30-40 degree weather last fall and it was warm and cozy in it. The AC works very very well also.

We have also found out that this hobby is very expensive. We just bought a new tow vehicle a new 2015 Ram 2500 in preparation for the 5th wheel we will purchase in the next few years. Hopefully that is the last TV needed until retirement. Happy camping everyone.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:46 PM   #168

Quote:
We have also found out that this hobby is very expensive.
To steal a phrase: "This isn't a HOBBY. It's a WAY OF LIFE!!!!"

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 07:00 AM   #169

2504s Mini Lite Water Filter Question

Hi, do you know if you have to install the water filter?
Old 08-18-2015, 09:14 AM   #170

Cmreading...What model year do you have? I have a '15 and it's under the bunk beds. All I had to install was filter cartridge after dewinterizing it. It is in a horrible location and I plan to relocate mine.

Tags
rockwood