Old 05-13-2016, 12:39 AM   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnycove View Post
Hi all 2504s Owners,

We have our 2015.5 2504s into our dealer four times to resolve the water infiltration from under our slide which only occurs when driving with wet pavement. Has anyone else experienced this and have you been able to get it fixed?

Thanks in advance!!!

I have that issue, and have tried with the dealer and then myself to get it aligned to seal right. In trying myself I learned that I am more competent then the mechanics at my shop. I finally got a recommendation to align the slide so the sides and top are proper and then install a wider wiper seal on the bottom to cover the gap. I want to try it, but just haven't had the time. I did take a close look underneath and I am almost 100% confident it will work.

Old 05-13-2016, 08:01 AM   #202

We had major dust in the trailer after our first trip on dirt road. You could easily see light down through the lower seals when the slide was in. I'm not sure exactly what they did to fix it, but two trips back to the dealer corrected it. We never noticed water, but I think only because we nipped it in the bud before driving in wet conditions.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Old 05-19-2016, 04:16 PM   #203

Hello all! We have some boondocking trips planned this year, so I have been researching some generators and inverters. I am curious if there are any other 2504s owners out there who have used a generator/inverter with their TT. I am considering the Champion 2000 watt inverter because of the price and noise level, but I am a little worried if this would be enough power for our TT, specifically the microwave. I have also considered the Champion 3500 watt generator, however I am concerned about the noise level with this one (I dont want to be that guy with the annoying generator). If anyone has some suggestions or input, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
Old 05-19-2016, 05:52 PM   #204
Sunny Cove

We have the 2015.5, 2504s (second summer) and this year we purchased a Dometic LW3000 Plus. Its noise level is close to the Honda and weighs and costs considerably less. It is powerful enough to run the 13,500 air conditioner that comes with the 2504s but only if you easily install an additional capacitor on the conditioner. Once installed it hums like a honey bee. It also runs all other electrical equipment but one must take care with how many you run at any one time.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:08 PM   #205

I have a Honda EU2000i it easily powers the microwave but not the AC. I would like a little bigger, and the Honda 3000 looks great, but I don't want to spend the money. Also thinking about checking Out the Kipor 2600. Supposed to be big enough to power the ac, but still smaller then the 3000's
Old 05-20-2016, 09:12 AM   #206
Sunny Cove

ACTKE2015 Have you had any problems with water coming in from under your slide when traveling in the rain?
Old 05-20-2016, 10:20 AM   #207

Sunnycove...its funny you say that, we have noticed that this year. It was not a problem last year. I am guessing you are experiencing the same?
Old 06-23-2016, 11:19 PM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTKE2015 View Post
Hello all! We have some boondocking trips planned this year, so I have been researching some generators and inverters. I am curious if there are any other 2504s owners out there who have used a generator/inverter with their TT. I am considering the Champion 2000 watt inverter because of the price and noise level, but I am a little worried if this would be enough power for our TT, specifically the microwave. I have also considered the Champion 3500 watt generator, however I am concerned about the noise level with this one (I dont want to be that guy with the annoying generator). If anyone has some suggestions or input, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
I have the champion 3500. It'll run it all and is reliable, but noisy. I've heard really good things on multiple forums about the champion 3100 watt inverter. Some ac units require the easy start capacitor. I haven't been able to find if that's required on our ac unit with this inverter.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2016, 11:59 PM   #209

I went with the Champion 2800 Inverter Generator. I have used it for two trips out, for a total of ten days. It has performed perfectly. It is slightly louder than the Honda 2100, but still quiet. It powered our 13,500 btu AC when needed. It was easy to start and easy to move around with the built in wheels and calapsable handle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1466740299214.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	111980  
Old 07-18-2016, 09:25 AM   #210

New 2504S Owner With Questions

We purchased a 2015 Mini Lite 2504S recently from a private owner. He gave us a walk through, but of course we now have some further questions that we are hoping the Forum can help us with.
1) The front hatch does not have a fan. We want to install one. Is there dedicated wiring in the ceiling there for a fan or should we tie into the nearby light fixture?
2) The bathtub has too much give in the floor and a lot of squeak. There is just a thin piece of styrofoam between the platform and the bottom of the tub and it really doesn't fill the space. We stuck some shims in there but that fix didn't last long. Can I shoot that area with some expanding spray foam or some other material without warping the bottom of the tub?
3) The short wall that the Murphy bed hinge attaches to is loosening up at one end. Has anyone done something to reinforce that area?
4) One of the cross members between the frame rails that supports the fresh water tank is bowed. Is it supposed to be like that?
5) The AM side of the radio is virtually unusable with static, hum, and weak reception. Has anyone else had this problem and found a fix?
6) Is the Furion TV (ours is a 24 inch) made by someone else such that we could look up cable box codes?
7) I was reluctant to mount a bike rack for two bikes to the rear bumper or rear frame rails. Has anyone done this and how is it holding up? Has anyone mounted a rack to the front A frame?
8) As I was practicing backing up the trailer, I noticed during really tight turns the tires and wheels really seemed to bow (guess it really would be the hubs bowing on the axle) under this cross load. Is this normal or something I should worry about.

Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

Gary

Tags
rockwood