Old 10-18-2016, 01:33 PM   #241

Wow! 10 inches of snow? It's still in the 90's for high down here in Louisiana! ☀️🔥💥😩

30 days camped; 19 day trip to Niagara Falls
GeauxCajuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 01:32 AM   #242

Rockwood Mini Lite 2504s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2504 View Post
Eclipse, how do you like the 2504s? We just love ours. One thing to watch out for is the bottom feet of the murphy bed has 2 round rubber pads that are supposed to protect the floor. Instead they will put dents/ holes in the floor very quickly. Swing out the bottom part and look. I made and stained 4inch wood blocks then screwed them on and glued carpet to the bottom of the blocks. At the very least remove the rubber pads and use a towel or rug under the feet when the bed is in use. I got lucky, most of my dents in the floor came back to the original shape. Jay

Jay,

We love our 2504! Already taken it out twice and one more time before it is winterized. I will def take your advice on the feet of the bed and change those out asap.

Rockfordroo,

That is what I thought but I was just hoping it would be a connector. Thanks for the info.

Old 10-24-2016, 12:27 AM   #243

Any tips on winterizing? Where is the hot water heater bypass under the bunks?
Old 10-24-2016, 07:01 AM   #244

At least on my 2504s the by pass valves are under the lower bunk in the rear of the unit. Open the rear most outside door that is under the bunks and remove the rear lauan panel. The valves are at the inside end of the water heater. Jay
Old 10-27-2016, 02:34 PM   #245

Anyone get a ton of water out of the airconditioner when you shut it off?
Old 10-28-2016, 12:33 AM   #246

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhandlucc View Post
Anyone get a ton of water out of the airconditioner when you shut it off?
I was running mine this summer. A while after turning it off I was getting something from a front storage compartment and couldn't figure out what was dripping on me, as it was bone dry outside. I looked up and water was dripping from the rain gutter. I realized it was water from the AC draining off. I haven't used my AC a lot, but I'd have to say yes.
Old 10-28-2016, 01:20 PM   #247

Eclipse - we have a 2016 2504s and are loving it. I bought a carpet runner - I think it's prob 5' - and place it at the door going across almost to the pantry next to the dinette. It works a great dual purpose of taking care of dirt, etc. that might be tracked in and covers the area where the Murphy bed feet sit when it's put down. No sign of any indentation at all. And, it doesn't need to be picked up when the slide comes in.
Old 10-29-2016, 11:02 AM   #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by voicebugler View Post
I was running mine this summer. A while after turning it off I was getting something from a front storage compartment and couldn't figure out what was dripping on me, as it was bone dry outside. I looked up and water was dripping from the rain gutter. I realized it was water from the AC draining off. I haven't used my AC a lot, but I'd have to say yes.
The condensation I'm speaking of pours out of the unit into the floor when you turn it off. Happened twice so far.
Old 10-29-2016, 12:20 PM   #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhandlucc View Post
The condensation I'm speaking of pours out of the unit into the floor when you turn it off. Happened twice so far.
There is a gasket between the unit and your roof that should prevent that from happening. Probably needs tightening up.. Remove your inside grill /bezel and at each corner there is a screw/bolt you can tighten. Tighten it up and that should stop the leak.
Old 10-29-2016, 04:58 PM   #250

⬆⬆⬆Maybe!⬆⬆⬆

Tags
rockwood