Old 05-15-2014, 12:08 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecapt61 View Post
I have had minilite 2504s on order now for 2 weeks through RVW. Got another 4 to 5 weeks before it's delivered to our home. Would love to hear from some folks that have that model and any concerns or problems to look for once it arrives. Also just some general thoughts about the camper, I have not actually physically seen that floor plan. I'm so excited to get camping in it, I can't sleep!

Thanks, Chris
Shawnee, Ks

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Forest River Forums mobile app

Chris,
You'll love your 2504s. We've had ours out on three trips so far this year and have enjoyed it thoroughly. It's so roomy for a "mini" camper and lots of storage inside. We love the Murphy bed, though we're looking for a good mattress topper. One issue to watch for is the water heater breaker. I didn't realize there was a breaker turned off and thought I had a faulty water heater. After filling with water be sure to turn on outside as well as check the breaker. You might consider adding a tornado tank flush for your black tank. So far my only disappointment is that a black tank flush doesn't come standard. You might want to add a Maxx Air vent cover for your front vent (ours was damaged by hail on our first trip out).

We are camping again in a couple weeks and can't wait. Lots of great places here in Missouri to enjoy the outdoors and our new camper.

Enjoy your new 2504s and happy camping!

RShelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:54 AM   #32

Been out 4 times in mine this year in my 2104 (it's a lot like the 2504)...love it. It is a big little camper! The only problem I had was the water filter blowing off. I finally had someone else tighten it down and so far so good....til it's time to winterize. I have already gotten a exterior filter and also am using that.

CampingDixieDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:38 AM   #33

First Time Out

Figured I would write a follow up post. The wife and I picked up the 2504S and spent about 9 days camping with it before bringing it home. We are very pleased with our purchase. The only issue we have is the dinette table. The pics make it easier to understand, but the first pic is the table that we have in our unit (note, these are not pics of our actual unit, just pics for demonstration). The second pic is the table that we wanted, and didnt realize we had a choice when we ordered the unit. We had seen several units online, and several units in person at multiple shows, and all of them had the table that we wanted (2nd pic). The table we have has a terrible design flaw. The legs fold down at each end of the table, and those legs then sit at the first seat of each side of the dinette. So if you sit at one of those "first" or "outside" seats, you cant get both legs under the table, your inside leg hits the table leg and you end up with only half of your back side on the seat. You can sit with the table leg in between your knees, but in order to do that, you have to basically step up and over the seat cushion to get your leg to the other side of the table leg. AnIt also prevents you from being able to sit at the end, and then slide over to the other seats, so you would have to climb up on the cushions and walk over to your seat if you wanted to sit facing the "kitchen". It is essentially a useless table because of this. We were forced to turn the table "sideways" and put one end of the table on a 2X4 to keep it level (one leg up on the slde, the other on the kitchen floor). But it isnt all bad, we thought we were getting a 2014 and got a 2015, which did give us some things we didnt expect. One such "thing" is that all of the trailers we had seen prior to picking up ours had no access to the storage under the dinette from the outside, but our trailer does have a door outside to access what is under the dinette. So I dont want to just give bad feed back about the table and thats it. There were lots of positives. The table bummed us out, but we are very pleased with our purchase. I will try to get some more pics (pics of our trailer, not just stock photos or anything). Hoping to use it again 4th of July if we can find a place near us (on such short notice).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Table Bad Design.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	55372   Click image for larger version

Name:	Table Good Design.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	55373  

Old 06-16-2014, 11:53 AM   #34

I see exactly what you mean, that 1st table is useless vs. the 2d picture. We have a similar table for our TT & store it in the basement using 2 small folding tables instead. Like you, the table is not a show stopper, just isn't what we wanted.

We are headed out camping tomorrow, can't seem to get enough .
Old 06-16-2014, 01:21 PM   #35
Rad

We have the table you wanted -- I don't like it either, it comes up at a slant, and needs a lot of room to fully extend. I wish they had one that just came straight up and then locks into place!
Old 06-16-2014, 01:31 PM   #36

I have that preferred table. I think they call it an "easy glide" table. I haven't had any real trouble with mine, but I think it's the same one that others have said can have a wobbling problem. There was an entire thread on it.

I have been very careful not to lean on the table with my elbows or to use it for support when standing up from the dinette. Because it feels like wobbling could be in its future. I guess there's no perfect table.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:55 PM   #37

Interesting information about the 2 tables, I appreciate the feedback. Seems neither truly functions as you would expect. I suppose, to nit pick, all things being equal, if neither works, I still prefer the other table, has the newer style look to it, lol.

I am considering some modifications to make it work, but seems that as quickly as I think something up, I then think up the reason it wont work. I might just go with the 2X4 approach, notching a spot for the feet to sit. Or go with a 2X6 just for added stability. Any ideas you all may have, or a link to where I might be able to get the other table (or the legs) would be appreciated

Old 06-16-2014, 05:36 PM   #38

I noticed several changes between 2014 (which I have) and 2015 models when viewing a recent YouTube video. In addition to the external under dinette access, it appears there is an external access to a deeper closet next to the dinette. I really wish mine had this extra external access to storage. In addition it appears there is another kitchen drawer (mine has 1 drawer). I do have the better dining table; haven't had any trouble folding it up or down.

Just finished camping with two adults sleeping on the converted dinette. It wasn't super comfy, but worked.

RShelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:35 PM   #39

I leave Friday for a 10 hour drive to go pick up my 2504s at RVW! Be interesting to see what table I end up with. I noticed the extra outside storage as well in a YouTube video. Mine is a 2015 model, so I am assuming it will have the the extra outside storage. Going to camp a few days on the drive home. All the Info on here is great!
Old 06-22-2014, 06:14 PM   #40

Hello,

Im new to this forum but have been lurking the last few days. Im trying to learn some new tricks about camping with a real rv. My wife and I just purchased a 2015 2504S will pick it up on Friday. We went from a 20 year old pop up to this. So I have never had to drain a black water tank or winterize a camper. Our new camper doesn't have the exterior storage doors to the closet next to the bed/sofa or to the rear of the dinette, even though it is a 2015 model. But we did get a unit with the more desirable table. I would be really upset with the table you cant move around.

We had a lot of trouble comparing the 2504 to anything else. No other dealer around had anything else in the weight class with a comparable floor plan. The jayco dealer didn't stock their model. After looking at dozens of different campers most of them 30 footers, when my wife walked into the 2504 within about a minute she said this is the camper I gotta have. Very surprising since it is about 4-5 feet shorter than everything else we looked at. Im happy because it is also 1500 lbs lighter than everything else we compared. The older 2105 rockwoods have a much different murphy bed that we didn't want anything to do with.

I will be checking out this site frequently looking for more helpful hints. Thanks for all the great knowledge here.

Tags
rockwood