Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2014, 03:17 PM   #61

It is located about 10" above the city water fill port, and about 10" to the left of the anti-freeze fill port.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:41 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFFORD View Post
For what it's worth, I took delivery yesterday of my new 2015 2504S. It has a total of 4 storage doors on the drivers side of the trailer, and 1 on the passenger side. Also got the good table. I am learning how to use things in my driveway before it's maiden voyage...in particular, versing myself in the fine art of black tank rinse and flush. I can safely do it now as nothing other than plain water has been in any of the tanks (fresh, grey and black). So, this 2504S has a black tank rinse connection on the exterior (although not ever mentioned in any literature I have seen), and I hooked a hose to it for a partial fill to test my "Dumping abilities". Well, it was not filling the black tank, and I could not hear the spray head going off inside the black tank. After much frustration, I have discovered the one way B&B valve was installed backwards from the factory! Nothing quite like quality control, lol. I reversed the direction, and now it works like a champ. Anyone else have a factory installed black tank rinse on their 2504S?
Wow that is great news. Mine just came off the line and is being delivered to the dealership Monday. Hopefully it will have the good table and black tank flush as well. Thanks for the information. Enjoy your new trailer!
ChrisPlus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:46 PM   #63

Quote:
For what it's worth, I took delivery yesterday of my new 2015 2504S. It has a total of 4 storage doors on the drivers side of the trailer, and 1 on the passenger side. Also got the good table. I am learning how to use things in my driveway before it's maiden voyage...in particular, versing myself in the fine art of black tank rinse and flush. I can safely do it now as nothing other than plain water has been in any of the tanks (fresh, grey and black). So, this 2504S has a black tank rinse connection on the exterior (although not ever mentioned in any literature I have seen), and I hooked a hose to it for a partial fill to test my "Dumping abilities". Well, it was not filling the black tank, and I could not hear the spray head going off inside the black tank. After much frustration, I have discovered the one way B&B valve was installed backwards from the factory! Nothing quite like quality control, lol. I reversed the direction, and now it works like a champ. Anyone else have a factory installed black tank rinse on their 2504S?
Also if you don't mind I would love to see some pictures of your new trailer. Thanks in advance
Old 08-15-2014, 10:12 PM   #64

Bought my 2014 in February. Doesn't have the extra outdoor access, larger wardrobe or black tank flush. Kind of wish I would have waited. But I would have missed some good camping. Still happy with the 2504.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
RShelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:59 AM   #65

[QUOTE=RShelton;680536]Bought my 2014 in February. Doesn't have the extra outdoor access, larger wardrobe or black tank flush. Kind of wish I would have waited. But I would have missed some good camping. Still happy with the 2504.

They make improvements every year and you'd never have a trailer if you were waiting for the next year updates. Rockwood made some great improvements to their 2014 trailers like LED interior and awnings lights as well as the flush stove top and pass through storage under murphy bed. Oh, can't forget the new model 2504s! It will be interesting to see the improvements to the 2016 model.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:14 PM   #66

Pic of the black tank flush location.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	60669  
Old 08-16-2014, 09:22 PM   #67

Mine was built 2 months ago and doesn't have the black flush dang it. I noticed you have black water heater access cover? Do you have a pic of the better table as well? The other thing I have noticed is the different color of propane covers. I wanted black and got white.
firecapt61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:41 PM   #68

With those black accents and beige fiberglass color it looks more like the signature ultra lite line rather than the white/white of the mini lites. The mini lites also have graphics in that area that I didn't see in the picture.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:31 AM   #69

All my covers are black...propane, water heater door, Air conditioner cover, vent covers, etc.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:15 PM   #70

Do all the mini lites come pre wired for solar? Mine has this from zamp solar.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	249.7 KB
ID:	60738  
Old 08-17-2014, 12:20 PM   #71

No. What is the color of your fiberglass? This is looking more like the ultra light rather than the mini lite. Can you take a picture of your entire unit interior and exterior?
Old 08-17-2014, 05:16 PM   #72

I can assure you it is not an Ultra-Lite. The fiberglass is light cream color with black, brown and grey accents.
Old 08-17-2014, 05:20 PM   #73

Quote:
I can assure you it is not an Ultra-Lite. The fiberglass is light cream color with black, brown and grey accents.
They must have changed right after mine was built mid June. Mine is white with all white accents. No tank flush...bummer. Would love to see pictures!
Old 08-20-2014, 09:18 AM   #74

Does anyone have the counter top extension in their 2504S? I'd like to see what it looks like as counter space is somewhat limited...thanks. Or maybe you have another Rockwood model, but perhaps the same counter top extension?
Old 08-20-2014, 01:40 PM   #75

Quote:
Does anyone have the counter top extension in their 2504S? I'd like to see what it looks like as counter space is somewhat limited...thanks. Or maybe you have another Rockwood model, but perhaps the same counter top extension?
When I ordered my 2504s I didn't know about the counter extension. I noticed it in a YouTube video and called the dealer the next day to see about adding it to my build. The dealer said it would delay the build and paper work would have to be redone, So I didn't get it. If you search under 'Rockwood 2504s' on YouTube you will find some good pics and videos with the extension. I have been meaning to see how to go about getting one myself.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:06 PM   #76

RVW just sent me photos of my 2504s that came off the line. As you can see, Rockwood made several changes. It appears the exterior fiberglass is a light tan color with black accents. It also looks like there is an inlet on the rear of the trailer just above the outdoor shower. I'm hoping this is the black water tank flush as JSTAFFORD has previously mentioned. The front pass through storage door looks different than previous photos I've seen of the 2504s. The storage door looks like it is a little taller but possibly not as wide. They also added additional counter space on each side of the murphy bed/couch by adding cabinets above the pass through storage area. I also see they included the preferred table. Not huge fans of the interior fabric as it doesn't have any contrast; however, we can always get that changed if we decide. We are definitely excited. We wont be getting it until the first week of September so a couple more weeks wait.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_1846.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	363.7 KB
ID:	61146   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1847.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	61147   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1848(1).jpg
Views:	218
Size:	359.0 KB
ID:	61148   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1855(1).jpg
Views:	241
Size:	352.2 KB
ID:	61149  
Old 08-21-2014, 09:21 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPlus3 View Post
RVW just sent me photos of my 2504s that came off the line. As you can see, Rockwood made several changes. It appears the exterior fiberglass is a light tan color with black accents. It also looks like there is an inlet on the rear of the trailer just above the outdoor shower. I'm hoping this is the black water tank flush as JSTAFFORD has previously mentioned. The front pass through storage door looks different than previous photos I've seen of the 2504s. The storage door looks like it is a little taller but possibly not as wide. They also added additional counter space on each side of the murphy bed/couch by adding cabinets above the pass through storage area. I also see they included the preferred table. Not huge fans of the interior fabric as it doesn't have any contrast; however, we can always get that changed if we decide. We are definitely excited. We wont be getting it until the first week of September so a couple more weeks wait.
That is so crazy how they change things up mid year. Mine is a 2015 ordered the end of April and picked up at RVW June 20th and is white with. Yours looks really nice with some very nice features that mine did not have. I like the taller pass through doors on the front and the tan exterior with black accents.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:41 PM   #78

Chrisplus3- Looks like they kept the small front storage door and added a larger one towards the front on yours. I wondered why FR didn't use that space on mine.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1408675128218.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	61156  
Old 08-21-2014, 10:17 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecapt61 View Post
Chrisplus3- Looks like they kept the small front storage door and added a larger one towards the front on yours. I wondered why FR didn't use that space on mine.

I think it was the middle of last year when they started adding the flush top stove. They are always updating their designs
Old 08-21-2014, 10:19 PM   #80

One for sale with the new updates (not mine of course):

http://www.houseofcamping.com/2015-f...r-il-i1171766#

Tags
rockwood