Old 06-24-2014, 08:17 AM   #51

My original intent was to store the sewer hose in the bumper, but if you have anything more than the hose (the "fittings" that attach to the trailer, not sure what you call them), it wont fit. Certainly there are differences in the hoses with the various manufacturers, so yours might fit. But for me, I would have been forced to remove the ends of the hose in order to slide it in the bumper. So I chose to go with the larger pipe (the fence post) so that I could simply unhook from the trailer, and slide it in as is. But give yours a shot and see if you can make it fit, never hurts to try.

For the outside storage, and some other things, I am not really sure what determines which trailers get what features. It is very strange. We even had this discussion with the dealer, and they were saying that even in the middle of a model year they will just make changes to things like that. Mine came off the assembly line approx 6 weeks ago. We were thrilled about the dinette door, because, as you said, it is very convenient to not have to lift the cushions to get down there. There are limits to your reach from the outside, but it helps (there are also limits to what can fit through the door, lol). We do a lot of bike riding and we keep the helmets and things right there for easy access. I havent seen any with the outside door for the wardrobe closet, but that one sounds like it would really be convenient for things like the grill (assuming the opening is large enough). Another difference between the 2015 and the 2014, was that in all of the 2014s we saw in person, you could pull the front of the couch off (attached with velcro) and access the storage in the front of the trailer. We really liked that feature. But on our trailer, if you pull the front of the couch off there is a wall behind it and no access to the storage compartment. I find it sort of fascinating to discuss the differences between all of the trailers. Different storage access doors, from what I have read there are differences in the number of drawers in the kitchen. Subtle, but I would love to know what the reasons are behind some of those decisions. Is it based on owner feedback, dealer feedback, is it a cost related decision?

During my time in the corps I was 0311, only because you had to have an infantry MOS in order to be eligable for my actual MOS of 8152

Old 06-28-2014, 01:42 PM   #52

Picked up my 2504 yesterday, towed home very easy with my ram 5.7 even though I was bucking a 20 mom head wind, was still pulling 9 mpg. I'm even more concerned with the bunks then I was before though. The 26" width isn't so bad if you lay in them with your head at the open end but being 6'1" 275 lbs it was very difficult to get in and out that direction. But the kids will be sleeping there not me, I hope they don't complain about the size for a minimum of 5 years then I'll be ready to trade if there is a floor plan we like better.
I chose the 2504 because of the lighter weight but the large space inside with the Murphy bed. I didn't want a 30+ foot trailer with a 6k dry weight. But unless you don't mind canvas but would like a slide out with bunks and stay in the 4500 lb weight, there isn't a lot of choices. I did have a tough time in hitching the trailer, at home it is parked on a incline, I couldn't get the coupler off the ball, ended up pulling the pin and driving off with the equalizer insert sliding out as I drove away.

Old 06-28-2014, 04:56 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidooman View Post
Picked up my 2504 yesterday, towed home very easy with my ram 5.7 even though I was bucking a 20 mom head wind, was still pulling 9 mpg. I'm even more concerned with the bunks then I was before though. The 26" width isn't so bad if you lay in them with your head at the open end but being 6'1" 275 lbs it was very difficult to get in and out that direction. But the kids will be sleeping there not me, I hope they don't complain about the size for a minimum of 5 years then I'll be ready to trade if there is a floor plan we like better.

I chose the 2504 because of the lighter weight but the large space inside with the Murphy bed. I didn't want a 30+ foot trailer with a 6k dry weight. But unless you don't mind canvas but would like a slide out with bunks and stay in the 4500 lb weight, there isn't a lot of choices. I did have a tough time in hitching the trailer, at home it is parked on a incline, I couldn't get the coupler off the ball, ended up pulling the pin and driving off with the equalizer insert sliding out as I drove away.

I'm the same with the bunks... But like you, I don't sleep there. My son has grumbled a couple times already... We looked at a Crossroads ST270BH today... Near future maybe but probably not this year.

I've heard a couple others with problems unhooking. I have a pretty good incline in my driveway (even with a tongue jack extender and cranked all the way up, it's still not level) and have never had any problem unhooking. I'd take a closer look.

2014 Rockwood 2306 w/Murphy Bed
2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7L CrewMax

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 08-11-2014, 11:14 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecapt61 View Post
I leave Friday for a 10 hour drive to go pick up my 2504s at RVW! Be interesting to see what table I end up with. I noticed the extra outside storage as well in a YouTube video. Mine is a 2015 model, so I am assuming it will have the the extra outside storage. Going to camp a few days on the drive home. All the Info on here is great!
Just got word that my vin is in for my 2504s and curious to the table I'll get. What one did you get? I'm guessing I'll likely have the same as you since your just came of line not to long ago
Old 08-11-2014, 11:19 PM   #55

Mine is a 2015 also was made in March, i got the good table, but neither door for the storage into the slidout.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:45 PM   #56

Chrisplus3, I got the table I was not hoping for. Its the four legged one, though its not bad. My kids are small, so no big deal for them to get around. I have long legs and it's a bit interesting. I was just happy to get the extra outside storage with the 2015 model!
Old 08-12-2014, 12:26 AM   #57

Thanks for your replies. I'm preparing for the four legged table
Old 08-12-2014, 12:56 AM   #58

It is fine! After reading some of the complaints on here about it, I was worried too. I'm so happy with the camper and the amount of storage, the table can be overlooked. You will love it!
Old 08-15-2014, 02:27 PM   #59

For what it's worth, I took delivery yesterday of my new 2015 2504S. It has a total of 4 storage doors on the drivers side of the trailer, and 1 on the passenger side. Also got the good table. I am learning how to use things in my driveway before it's maiden voyage...in particular, versing myself in the fine art of black tank rinse and flush. I can safely do it now as nothing other than plain water has been in any of the tanks (fresh, grey and black). So, this 2504S has a black tank rinse connection on the exterior (although not ever mentioned in any literature I have seen), and I hooked a hose to it for a partial fill to test my "Dumping abilities". Well, it was not filling the black tank, and I could not hear the spray head going off inside the black tank. After much frustration, I have discovered the one way B&B valve was installed backwards from the factory! Nothing quite like quality control, lol. I reversed the direction, and now it works like a champ. Anyone else have a factory installed black tank rinse on their 2504S?
Old 08-15-2014, 02:50 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFFORD View Post
For what it's worth, I took delivery yesterday of my new 2015 2504S. It has a total of 4 storage doors on the drivers side of the trailer, and 1 on the passenger side. Also got the good table. I am learning how to use things in my driveway before it's maiden voyage...in particular, versing myself in the fine art of black tank rinse and flush. I can safely do it now as nothing other than plain water has been in any of the tanks (fresh, grey and black). So, this 2504S has a black tank rinse connection on the exterior (although not ever mentioned in any literature I have seen), and I hooked a hose to it for a partial fill to test my "Dumping abilities". Well, it was not filling the black tank, and I could not hear the spray head going off inside the black tank. After much frustration, I have discovered the one way B&B valve was installed backwards from the factory! Nothing quite like quality control, lol. I reversed the direction, and now it works like a champ. Anyone else have a factory installed black tank rinse on their 2504S?
My 2504s literally came off the assembly line 2 months ago and doesn't have the black tank flush. I wish it did. Where is the connection at on yours? I did not get the good table either. I'm not actually sure what the good table legs are, just know from what I have learned on here I have the not so good ones.

Tags
rockwood