Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2014, 12:37 PM   #101

Hey Craig,

Went looking around at several dealers in the area saw this on the lot and loved it, Cherry finish and all. Under belly is not heated but I think one of the options would be heated tanks which we do not have. And your right, when ever you can gain extra inches on the bunks its a good deal.

Happy traveling,
Snipe32
Snipe32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:18 PM   #102

I was suspecting that the bunks were wider, but never did take a tape measure to them yet.
I did not get i closed underbelly, it wasn't an option for me when I ordered. Everything came out exactly as we ordered.
Kevinwak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 06:57 AM   #103

We anticipate getting this or the 25bhs micro. The beige exterior comes with the optional sapphire package, makes for a good looking unit. Inventory is slim around these parts right now, RVW has two. The show comes up in Jan., hope to see some there. Several other manufacturers are making a similar model. The FR ones are a little shorter and I could use that in the barn. My neighbor said I was not building it big enough. There are a few YouTube videos on these as well.
mattb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 11:19 AM   #104

Question about the 25bhs. There is a side shelf next to the sofa which looks like it makes it really hard to get to the shirt closet. Has anyone physically stood there and tried to reach into the closet? Looks like a far reach to me and the DW. We presently have a 2306 and love it but someday want to make a small upgrade and this 25bhs is one we have looked at. Probably that shelf unit can be removed.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 11:55 AM   #105

My 2504s has a raised carpeted area that you can put your knee on an reach the shirt closet. It is there because I have a pass through storage area under it. It is not a problem for us. We really like this floor plan.
Charliec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 11:56 AM   #106

If you are talking about the FR 2504s mini than the shelf you may be talking about is on both sides of sofa and these can not be removed. Right under the sofa is a pass thru storage. We have had ours for 9 months and several camping trips and just love it. Lots of storage inside as well
Snipe32
Old 12-06-2014, 02:21 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe32 View Post
If you are talking about the FR 2504s mini than the shelf you may be talking about is on both sides of sofa and these can not be removed. Right under the sofa is a pass thru storage. We have had ours for 9 months and several camping trips and just love it. Lots of storage inside as well
Snipe32
Oh I see. Ya, lots of storage that way and that's helpful for sure. Thanks for the clarification.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 06:28 PM   #108

It depends on which model year for your 2504s. And even then there seems to be a split from early 2015 and beyond. We have a 2015 and there is a carpeted "landing" on each side of the couch for the pass thru storage than can be kneeled on to reach the closet (cabinets). But starting mid way thru 2015 the carpeted landing became an actual shelf with a counter top and the pass thru went away. Now instead of pass thru there is a large drawer under the couch and they added more storage doors on the outside. I prefer the pass thru myself, but some people may like it the other way. I will try to attach a pic, and in the pic you will see the couch and the carpeted landing (about 10" lower than the arm of the couch). The new models have a shelf about level to the arms of the couch. We love our design. Some of the newer 2504s has some things we don't like. The wall separating the bunks from the living area goes from floor to ceiling in ours, not so in the new ones. The closet next to the fridge in ours is outside the bathroom, but inside the bathroom in the new ones (with a diagonal wall/door). We do like the closet in the bathroom instead of outside the bathroom, that was a good change). The closet by the slide out in the new ones is only half as deep with a tall outside storage compartment now on the back side of the closet (we like the deeper interior closet without the outside door). Things like that. They change them up so often it can be hard to keep trackClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1417908336.460444.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	363.7 KB
ID:	67212

Old 12-06-2014, 06:58 PM   #109

Changes to the 2504s

Thanks for the info, did not know of the changes in the same year,but by e picture you have the same as ours..
Old 12-06-2014, 07:42 PM   #110

If you go to rv trader or one of those kinds of sites and look at the inventory of 2504s that is out there, the changes are somewhat dramatic in the same model year

Old 12-06-2014, 08:10 PM   #111

I have one of the early ones but I do have the vertical outside storage behind the slide wardrobe. I find that outside storage very useful for brooms, long handle wash brush, campfire poker and the exterior rug. I also like the pass thru storage but the thing I like most that they have changed in the latest 2015s is the full length vanity in the bathroom on the back wall. It allows a place to lay things down in the bathroom. I do also like the late model paint schemes and the black water flush but I would not trade my floor plan.
Charliec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 09:25 PM   #112

mine has the late 2015 front counter top with no pass through as described.

We love the camper.... But it has been at the dealer since nov 3 getting a laundry list of repairs done: hot water psv, charging Center not working, furnace fan squeaking, deformed couch cushion and most important of all, our slide was only pulling by the front tract and not the rear. This caused the slide to never seal right and we had mice in it our first ever night. All is fixed now, except the couch. They are waiting on a new one to arrive. These were all done under warranty. It is a long time to be at the shop, but I am not hurrying them, since it is -30 outside and the highways are salty. Sure beats having it gone for service in the summer.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:56 PM   #113

Hello from eastern Iowa. We got our 2504S 2015 camper about mid-august after 30 years of Coleman pop-up camping. We camped about six weeks out of about 8 weeks of possible camping before winterizing. We really like the trailer.
We discovered some significant Rockwood construction flaws (propane leak detector malfunctions, Murphy bed trim falling off, dinette table legs) and had to keep hauling it back to the dealer (an hour away) for the look-order-repair activities.
We had to print a photo of the desired "better leg" assembly from the internet because it was hard to get sales or service staff to understand when we told them how bad the pic 1 legs were and what we had seen was available. It sounds like the manufacturing plant staff probably just goes to the supply shed and whichever table and leg set is in front gets picked up and put into the trailer - unless one knows to ask for the better unit like someone mentioned.
We got them to track down the Pic 2 set of legs assembly which we ordered and just picked up yesterday. It is described on the invoice like this: #100565 collapsible dinette table stand and two #94156 431/pfl dinette table legs. With taxes and freight, it came to $200. The 94156 items are the u-shaped channels that screw onto the bottom of the table top. They attach to the lower glide assembly.
We explored having them ship us a complete set of legs and table top. The top was another $150 and then the dealer was going to charge another $100 or so to assemble the legs to the top for us. Being fairly comfortable with wood work, I will swap out the legs myself.
Looking forward to camping in the spring with a better dinette setup.
Happy Trails!
Dale
dkrohse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 08:07 PM   #114

Hello Everyone,
We're new to the forum, and this is my first post. This topic and posts have been very helpful.

We are also very close to pushing the button on a 2015 2504s. This seems like the perfect camper with the best length, space, and weight ratio. It has so much more storage, and is lighter then the Jayco JF 23MBH we are also considering. The only disadv I see compared to the Jayco 23MBH is the narrower bunks.

We have a Ram1500 CC/5.7L/8Spd/3.21, and I noticed a couple other folks have the same truck. It just three us camping so I'd really appreciate any input on how you think your RAM 1500 does pulling this trailer.

I would also really appreciate some input on what WDH to get since we are coming from popup land. The dealer is trying to sell me an Equilizer 90-00-0600, which seems right on the edge.

Thanks,
Eric
nc_camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 08:35 PM   #115

Rockwood Mini Lite 2504s

Don't worry to much about the narrow bunks. I am 6'3" and pushing 280 pounds and I am able to crawl into the bunk to read me three year old books at bed time. It is too tight for me to sleep in though. I have never measured, but I think my bunks are wider then the floor plans in the brochure shows.

I have the 12,000 # Reese SC weight distribution hitch. I really love it, it is so stable and straight pulling down the highway. The only downfall is you have to hitch the trailer to the truck, and then jack the tongue, with the coupled truck, back up really high to get the bars onto their seats.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:57 PM   #116

Welcome to the forum! It was very helpful when I ordered my 2504s last summer.

I don't pull mine with a Ram though. I pulled mine home to KC from OH with a 6.0L Chevy 2500. It did fine other than head winds. The weight has been no issue, it's the wind drag that causes an issue with my tow vehicle. I also have pulled it with my wife's 5.4 Expedition and it seems to do better. I think because the air flows better over her vehicle being an SUV than my truck bed.

My 2504s is a 2015 built in June of 2014. They made some changes the very next month and from what I can tell from pictures, they made the bunks wider by taking space out of the bath. Even though my bunks are smaller than the newer model, my 12 and 9 year old boys have no issues with the size. We absolutely love the camper! We have had not one warranty issue. There is more storage space than we can fill and feels just as roomy as the 33' camper we had in the past.

I also have the Equilizer 4 point hitch and have not had a issue with away sway what so ever. The 2504s tows way better compared to the TT I had before that I pulled with a F250 Diesel.
firecapt61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 10:04 PM   #117

Any suggestions for 2504S wobbly table

Just picked up our 2015 2504S today. Very excited about our new TT, but disappointed with the table. Loved that it would be a table that we could move away or put outside, but it is so wobbly that I doubt we will make it through a meal without our 6 year old spilling or me spilling something. Any suggestions? Looked in the owners manual for some instructions and "how to
s," but found nothing.

thanks!
Robby and Jennifer
familytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 02:27 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc_camper View Post
Hello Everyone,
We're new to the forum, and this is my first post. This topic and posts have been very helpful.

We are also very close to pushing the button on a 2015 2504s. This seems like the perfect camper with the best length, space, and weight ratio. It has so much more storage, and is lighter then the Jayco JF 23MBH we are also considering. The only disadv I see compared to the Jayco 23MBH is the narrower bunks.

We have a Ram1500 CC/5.7L/8Spd/3.21, and I noticed a couple other folks have the same truck. It just three us camping so I'd really appreciate any input on how you think your RAM 1500 does pulling this trailer.

I would also really appreciate some input on what WDH to get since we are coming from popup land. The dealer is trying to sell me an Equilizer 90-00-0600, which seems right on the edge.

Thanks,
Eric
The new floor plan for the 2504s includes wider bunks. The bunks are now 30" wide compared to 28" on the Jayco. I also looked at the Jayco, but like you mentioned the weight and length were greater which was important to my decision. Also the construction of the Rockwood is far better in my opinion. I do like the larger tanks of the Jayco; however, that was not enough to sway me. Let us know what you decide. Good luck. We love our 2504s and happy with our choice
ChrisPlus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 11:04 AM   #119

Rockwood Mini Lite 2504s

We had 26" bunks on our old Mini Lite 2306, and was a main reason for trading up to a bigger camper. My 5'-3" son is a "turner" and was always getting into the night shades. I really think the extra 4" would make a big difference.

As far as the WDH, a 4-point Equal-i-zer is the best unit for the price, IMO. I would suggest going with the 1,000/10,000 unit.

2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7L CrewMax

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 01-29-2015, 12:01 PM   #120

Thanks for all the input, I'm picking up our 2504s and 1000/1000 Equal-i-zer hitch, and doing the walk thru this Saturday.
nc_camper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood