Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2016, 11:39 PM   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnycove View Post
Hi all 2504s Owners,

We have our 2015.5 2504s into our dealer four times to resolve the water infiltration from under our slide which only occurs when driving with wet pavement. Has anyone else experienced this and have you been able to get it fixed?

Thanks in advance!!!

I have that issue, and have tried with the dealer and then myself to get it aligned to seal right. In trying myself I learned that I am more competent then the mechanics at my shop. I finally got a recommendation to align the slide so the sides and top are proper and then install a wider wiper seal on the bottom to cover the gap. I want to try it, but just haven't had the time. I did take a close look underneath and I am almost 100% confident it will work.
Kevinwak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 07:01 AM   #202

We had major dust in the trailer after our first trip on dirt road. You could easily see light down through the lower seals when the slide was in. I'm not sure exactly what they did to fix it, but two trips back to the dealer corrected it. We never noticed water, but I think only because we nipped it in the bud before driving in wet conditions.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
voicebugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 03:16 PM   #203

Hello all! We have some boondocking trips planned this year, so I have been researching some generators and inverters. I am curious if there are any other 2504s owners out there who have used a generator/inverter with their TT. I am considering the Champion 2000 watt inverter because of the price and noise level, but I am a little worried if this would be enough power for our TT, specifically the microwave. I have also considered the Champion 3500 watt generator, however I am concerned about the noise level with this one (I dont want to be that guy with the annoying generator). If anyone has some suggestions or input, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
ACTKE2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 04:52 PM   #204
Sunny Cove

We have the 2015.5, 2504s (second summer) and this year we purchased a Dometic LW3000 Plus. Its noise level is close to the Honda and weighs and costs considerably less. It is powerful enough to run the 13,500 air conditioner that comes with the 2504s but only if you easily install an additional capacitor on the conditioner. Once installed it hums like a honey bee. It also runs all other electrical equipment but one must take care with how many you run at any one time.
Sunnycove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 08:08 PM   #205

I have a Honda EU2000i it easily powers the microwave but not the AC. I would like a little bigger, and the Honda 3000 looks great, but I don't want to spend the money. Also thinking about checking Out the Kipor 2600. Supposed to be big enough to power the ac, but still smaller then the 3000's
Kevinwak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 08:12 AM   #206
Sunny Cove

ACTKE2015 Have you had any problems with water coming in from under your slide when traveling in the rain?
Sunnycove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 09:20 AM   #207

Sunnycove...its funny you say that, we have noticed that this year. It was not a problem last year. I am guessing you are experiencing the same?
Old 06-23-2016, 10:19 PM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTKE2015 View Post
Hello all! We have some boondocking trips planned this year, so I have been researching some generators and inverters. I am curious if there are any other 2504s owners out there who have used a generator/inverter with their TT. I am considering the Champion 2000 watt inverter because of the price and noise level, but I am a little worried if this would be enough power for our TT, specifically the microwave. I have also considered the Champion 3500 watt generator, however I am concerned about the noise level with this one (I dont want to be that guy with the annoying generator). If anyone has some suggestions or input, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
I have the champion 3500. It'll run it all and is reliable, but noisy. I've heard really good things on multiple forums about the champion 3100 watt inverter. Some ac units require the easy start capacitor. I haven't been able to find if that's required on our ac unit with this inverter.

Old 06-23-2016, 10:59 PM   #209

I went with the Champion 2800 Inverter Generator. I have used it for two trips out, for a total of ten days. It has performed perfectly. It is slightly louder than the Honda 2100, but still quiet. It powered our 13,500 btu AC when needed. It was easy to start and easy to move around with the built in wheels and calapsable handle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1466740299214.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	111980  
Old 07-18-2016, 08:25 AM   #210

New 2504S Owner With Questions

We purchased a 2015 Mini Lite 2504S recently from a private owner. He gave us a walk through, but of course we now have some further questions that we are hoping the Forum can help us with.
1) The front hatch does not have a fan. We want to install one. Is there dedicated wiring in the ceiling there for a fan or should we tie into the nearby light fixture?
2) The bathtub has too much give in the floor and a lot of squeak. There is just a thin piece of styrofoam between the platform and the bottom of the tub and it really doesn't fill the space. We stuck some shims in there but that fix didn't last long. Can I shoot that area with some expanding spray foam or some other material without warping the bottom of the tub?
3) The short wall that the Murphy bed hinge attaches to is loosening up at one end. Has anyone done something to reinforce that area?
4) One of the cross members between the frame rails that supports the fresh water tank is bowed. Is it supposed to be like that?
5) The AM side of the radio is virtually unusable with static, hum, and weak reception. Has anyone else had this problem and found a fix?
6) Is the Furion TV (ours is a 24 inch) made by someone else such that we could look up cable box codes?
7) I was reluctant to mount a bike rack for two bikes to the rear bumper or rear frame rails. Has anyone done this and how is it holding up? Has anyone mounted a rack to the front A frame?
8) As I was practicing backing up the trailer, I noticed during really tight turns the tires and wheels really seemed to bow (guess it really would be the hubs bowing on the axle) under this cross load. Is this normal or something I should worry about.

Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

Gary
BooneDocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 10:03 AM   #211

Answer #1: I don't think you'll know for sure until you take out the existing vent, unless someone responds who's actually done it. Don't think it really matters too much in the end. If it's there, use it; if not, go to the light.

Answer #3: when we took delivery of our 2503S, there were NO screws in the street side of that vertical wall that the Murphy bed is hinged to. Took it back and they put 4 screws into it. I then added another and put 2 more on the curb side. You should be able to see the screws by looking in from your outside storage compartments.

Answer #4: Probably not. Do a search and you'll see a lot of folks have this issue. Either due to traveling with a full tank or due to overfilling and ballooning the tank.

Answer #7: Most of us do not recommend attaching stuff to the bumper. It is typically not adequately attached to the frame to handle a bike rack. I've had a beefed up receiver added to both my Roo 19 and my Mini Lite. See pics and a PDF drawing of my Mini Lite version here in Post #12:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-107358-2.html

I only put 2 bikes on it.

Answer #8: Mine do this too. Guess it's an issue because of the torsion axles. Not thrilled with it, so I try not to do it.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 11:17 AM   #212
1+ Yrs of Trailering :0)

2015 2504s

We took delivery of our 2504S Jan 2015. We have had a number of issues with the latest being a kitchen sink water leak that made a heck of a mess. Still waiting for our dealer to respond to our repair request (on-going saga).

#1 Ceiling Fan: we have never had a need to have a powered fan, and we have camped in 100+ degree whether several times. The AC is all that has been needed. I seriously doubt that Forest River put extra wiring by the vent, so I would use the power to the front light as my source.
#2 Bathtub Squeak: it is a squeaker, but we spend as little time in it as possible unless we are hooked up to city water and sewer. I like your spray foam idea. I would just want to make sure that it doesn't impede other repairs.
#3 Loose Murphy Bed: we haven't had that issue, but your post makes me want to log it it as a future issue.
#4 Bowing Tanks: this seems to be a common thread and issue that we haven't experienced...yet! There have been numerous posts on this topic covering everything from bowing to the tank falling off while driving. Our rule: don't drive with a bunch of water or sewage in the tank. I think you're just asking for trouble when you have hundreds of extra pounds hanging there plus it makes the trailer a lot heavier to pull.
#5 Forest River installs crappy stereos and speakers. It is one issue that I plan on resolving this year. I have watched several videos on replacing RV sound systems. It seems like most manufacturers go bare-bones in this regard. I will post my solution.
#6 Furrion TV: another cheapo product with limited channels. We recently stayed at the KOA in Flagstaff AZ and had to borrow a digital box that they fortunately provided to give us access to their cable channels. You are doomed if the channel numbers are in the hundreds. We don't watch much TV when we are camping, but the last trip was for 17 days and it was during the NBA finals, so I had to see my Warriors games even if they lost.
#7 Bike Rack: not bike riders (we should be), so no help here. I did look at the bumper as a possible rack mount. I wouldn't do it...too puny.
#8 Backing Up the Trailer: the trailer is incredibly easy to back up. I have not noticed your issue, but then I try to avoid sharp turns. I have trailer backup assist on my Ford F150, and I never use it.

Other Note:
Leveling Trailer: the best purchase I made was to get the
Andersen Camper Wheel Chock and Levelers

They make leveling the trailer soooooo easy!
Old 07-18-2016, 02:36 PM   #213

GaryS:

I had a similar kitchen drain issue, although mine was in my slide, so maybe not the same as yours. It was easy to fix myself. See this thread:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post1190304

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 04:10 PM   #214

In regards to #4, my framework was rebuilt as a warranty item. Water is not always available at a boondocking destination and to try and pass the issue off as a user issue is crap. That should be a recall, as it poses a major liability issue if the tank falls out. Camping World in Meridian, ID indicated they've rebuilt several with this issue. They noticed it was about to drop the tank and asked me not to take the unit from them until they could fix it. I can't understand people thinking that framework not built heavy enough to support a tank being used for its intended purpose is acceptable.

Old 07-24-2016, 07:11 PM   #215
Now Camping Year-Round!!

Anyone with a 2504S tell me if you can access the washroom with the slide closed for travelling?

2020 RW Signature 8291RK 5er (...May 2021) & 2017 Dodge Ram Laramie 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel 4X4
Still missing my beautiful Columbus2013 Columbus 325RL__2019 Rockwood 2511S__2017 Rockwood ML 2507S__Rockwood Roo 21RS__2009 Wildcat 29RLBS
WannaBcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:49 PM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBcamping View Post
Anyone with a 2504S tell me if you can access the washroom with the slide closed for travelling?
Yes, though it's not very convenient.
Mark29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 08:20 PM   #217
Now Camping Year-Round!!

Does that mean you have to climb over the u-shaped dinette, or just (pardon the expression) suck it in and squeeze through?

2020 RW Signature 8291RK 5er (...May 2021) & 2017 Dodge Ram Laramie 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel 4X4
Still missing my beautiful Columbus2013 Columbus 325RL__2019 Rockwood 2511S__2017 Rockwood ML 2507S__Rockwood Roo 21RS__2009 Wildcat 29RLBS
Old 07-24-2016, 11:24 PM   #218

It's a narrow walk way, with no climbing required. It's just a minor squeeze.

Old 07-25-2016, 07:01 AM   #219
Now Camping Year-Round!!

OK good to know. The 2504S recently topped my list of small lightweight travel trailers. This would have been a dealbreaker if there was no access. I think I might have really been interested in getting a 2304S if they still made them.

Love the fact that there is a large countertop extension as an option which if we go ahead with this one we would definitely get. Thanks to those who posted pics of it attached to the counter!

Sure wish Rockwood would have reversed the location of the bunks and the washroom in the 2504S. A small outside kitchen could then have been an option. From what I've seen, there is no layout like this one with an outside kitchen which is one thing we would have loved to have. FR doesn't make a unit with an outside kitchen in a smallish TT that meets our needs and wants unfortunately and we definitely want to stay with FR.

Must-Haves for us:

-access while travelling (slides closed) to the washroom and the fridge
-murphy bed with daytime couch
-counter space for food prep
-couch facing the TV

Questions:

YouTube videos I have watched have shown that there is an attachment on the outside wall under the awning for taking outside and mounting the included TV. Is that standard on the 2504S? I don't see it listed on the 2016 brochure under Standards and Options. Hoping it is at least an option!

The option of having night shades; do they block much light? I would have preferred the mini-blinds but they don't seem to be an option. Anyone able to post a pic of the night shades over a window?

Thanks!

Old 07-25-2016, 07:20 AM   #220

Quote:
OK good to know. The 2504S recently topped my list of small lightweight travel trailers. This would have been a dealbreaker if there was no access. I think I might have really been interested in getting a 2304S if they still made them.

Love the fact that there is a large countertop extension as an option which if we go ahead with this one we would definitely get. Thanks to those who posted pics of it attached to the counter!
I had to re locate one of the brackets on the extension, they had installed them about 1/4" too far apart and it did not fit. Easy fix, but you would think it's easy enough to check.

Quote:
Sure wish Rockwood would have reversed the location of the bunks and the washroom in the 2504S. A small outside kitchen could then have been an option. From what I've seen, there is no layout like this one with an outside kitchen which is one thing we would have loved to have. FR doesn't make a unit with an outside kitchen in a smallish TT that meets our needs and wants unfortunately and we definitely want to stay with FR.

Must-Haves for us:

-access while travelling (slides closed) to the washroom and the fridge
-murphy bed with daytime couch
-counter space for food prep
-couch facing the TV

Questions:

YouTube videos I have watched have shown that there is an attachment on the outside wall under the awning for taking outside and mounting the included TV. Is that standard on the 2504S? I don't see it listed on the 2016 brochure under Standards and Options. Hoping it is at least an option!
No, it's not standard and must be ordered. Took our dealer 3 times before they got the right part! Not sure who was more at fault, the dealer or Rockwood but it should have been simple.

Mark
Mark29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood