Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2014, 10:31 PM   #81

Looks really nice with the changes! Did you have any idea that it was going to come that way?
firecapt61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:57 PM   #82

No idea
ChrisPlus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:43 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPlus3 View Post
No idea
Are you going to pick it up at RVW?
Old 08-22-2014, 05:10 PM   #84

My first modification...hooks for the bunk bed ladder! FR seems to make changes quicker than we can blink! Pic of my mod:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	61211  
Old 08-22-2014, 05:44 PM   #85

Wow. I cannot believe they actually make those kinds of changes mid year. To change the whole exterior color is quite a bit IMHO.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:13 PM   #86

How do you get to the clothes closets on the sides of the bed? Looks like you can't even get an arms length close to them.

2013:31 / 2014:51 / 2015:58 / 2016:37 / 2017:46
2018:16
Total 239
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:54 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecapt61 View Post
Are you going to pick it up at RVW?
No I'm having it delivered. Didn't want to make the roundtrip drive from California
Old 08-22-2014, 08:16 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFFORD View Post
My first modification...hooks for the bunk bed ladder! FR seems to make changes quicker than we can blink! Pic of my mod:
Nice job! That was my first project when I bring mine home from storage.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:18 PM   #89

Quote:
No I'm having it delivered. Didn't want to make the roundtrip drive from California
Just go ahead and the driver stop in KC and swap it out with mine! Love the look of the new exterior. Wish I had known.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:03 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecapt61 View Post
Just go ahead and the driver stop in KC and swap it out with mine! Love the look of the new exterior. Wish I had known.
I'm liking the new color scheme and improvements as well. Was very surprised as we were expecting the white/white. How is your family enjoying the trailer? Any issues? Did you purchase the 2nd year warranty from Forestriver?
Old 08-23-2014, 03:10 PM   #91

Quote:
I'm liking the new color scheme and improvements as well. Was very surprised as we were expecting the white/white. How is your family enjoying the trailer? Any issues? Did you purchase the 2nd year warranty from Forestriver?
I drove out to RVW and picked ours up with my two boys. I originally had it set up to deliver, but changed my mind a week before for no other reason than I couldn't wait to get it! We camped 2 nights on the way home and had no issues at all. We have spent 2 additional nights in it since with no issues at all. Plan to go out next weekend for 2 more nights. I have had zero issues with it. I'm pretty mechanically inclined, so I may not be the first to complain about small issues that others may. The only modification I have done is to remove the water filter. I didn't like the location and the potential for a leak. It wasn't easy to access and was very poorly attached in my opinion. I had the pex tool and crimp rings already, so I just cut it out and spliced the supply line back together. I did learn of the 2nd year warranty on here and sent my paper work in the day I returned from picking it up.

I would love to see some pics when you get it.

Enjoy!
Old 08-25-2014, 08:35 PM   #92

^^^^Agreed, the water filter is in an area that is not very good, and it is indeed poorly mounted. I removed it from that area, and plan to re-use it mounted outside under the frame somewhere. I'll buy some garden hose adapters so I can hook a hose to it. I had to buy the PEX crimp tool for my bypass as well, but well worth it for future work. No worries of a leak inside...too many horror stories.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:08 PM   #93

FYI, for those of you wanting to add the counter top extension to your 2504S...you will need to contact Sheri in the contact information below and provide her with your trailer VIN...that will determine which parts you'll need. My 2504S was built late July/early August this year, so an earlier date probably uses different parts. You can order the parts direct from her, and yes...they accept credit card. Shipping obviously is dependent on where it's going to. I plan to order ASAP!

I would be happy to provide you with the pricing for the parts needed to add the countertop extension.

The countertop extension is part# 10-16960A$16.52 each.
Countertop extension leg is part# 10-853$8.48 each
Bracket - table mount is part# 10-855$2.40 each - you would need 2.
Bracket - wall mount is part# 10-12444A$2.14 each - you would need 2.
These are special order countertops, so it would take approximately 2 weeks for us to receive the item in before we could ship out to you.

Thanks,
Sheri Dunlap
Parts Coordinator - Forest River, Millersburg - Plant 10D Rockwood - Roo / MiniLite / UltraLite sdunlap@forestriverinc.com
(574) 642-8940direct number
(574) 343-5947direct fax
Old 08-27-2014, 10:42 AM   #94

My water filter relocation pictures. First picture is factory installation. Second picture is water filter removed and re using the existing PEX blue line. Third picture shows factory water filter mounting bracket on door frame. Fourth picture shows closed door holding filter in place...no drilling, just hold in place and close the door...done.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	photo_1.JPG
Views:	255
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	61535   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	61536   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_4.JPG
Views:	234
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	61537   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_3.JPG
Views:	239
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	61538  
Old 08-27-2014, 10:47 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFFORD View Post
My water filter relocation pictures. First picture is factory installation. Second picture is water filter removed and re using the existing PEX blue line. Third picture shows factory water filter mounting bracket on door frame. Fourth picture shows closed door holding filter in place...no drilling, just hold in place and close the door...done.
That's exactly how I bypassed mine, other than using it on the exterior. Great idea, I'll have to dig mine out of storage and use it that way.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:24 AM   #96

We have had our 2504s for 6 months and love it, lots of room and storage, Rockwood sure put extra in the fit and finish, tows easy - I have a Dodge 1500 and no problems. Going out again this weekend to southeast PA. Can't wait. Go RAVENS...
Snipe32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 11:23 PM   #97

I got my new 2504s delivered on sept tenth. It has the black trim on white walls. I have the black tank flush on the rear. There are four storage hatches on the drivers side and two on the passenger on the front. The storage is not pass through under the Murphy bed. I was looking at it this evening and the driver side is a single big opening and it looks like they split the passenger side into two smaller openings due to the location of the awning. The underside of the couch is a pull out drawer, which is blocking it from being a pass through. The vertical storage door on the back of the wardrobe next to the dinette is into a separate closet and not into the wardrobe. I used it to store the camp chairs.

We got the counter top extension, and it was well worth the money. We usually put it out when doing dishes, and then put it away In The under couch drawer.

Our bathroom layout does not match what is shown on the rockwood website. The toilet is between the sink and the tub on the back wall.

The bunks are small, but I was able to squeeze my 6'3" 280 pound self into it with my three year old son to read him his bed time stories. It was a tight fit for me but he loved it.

We camped in the mountains for nine nights with it right after we got it. We had hoped to do a weekend pre tip camping with it before we went, but it showed up a little later then expected. Our first two nights were -4' Celsius and windy and the furnace had to run almost none stop. But we stayed toasty warm. I absolutely love this camper.

We have been having one issue with it. The slide seal isn't that great. When I pulled it home front the dealer it was raining and there was a puddle of water on the floor when I got home. They picked it up and adjusted it and then returned it the next day. Then the first night we were camping we had mice. I trapped two in the garbage can at three am. Upon investigation there is a one inch hole at the back bottom of the slide seal. We put some steel wool in the hole and were mouse free for the rest of the trip. It will go beck next week for seal repair and adjustments.

I will try to post some pics in the next couple of days.
Kevinwak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 11:55 PM   #98

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1411275202.187266.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	756.0 KB
ID:	63201Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1411275230.627605.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	806.0 KB
ID:	63202Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1411275266.963159.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	678.4 KB
ID:	63203Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1411275297.449548.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	821.2 KB
ID:	63204
Kevinwak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:37 AM   #99

Looks like they have made a lot of changes, my unit has a pass thru in the front and no storage under the couch, looking at your pictures my tv unit goes all the way to ceiling and bathroom has tub to the left sink in the middle toilet to the right. We do love ours for sure, have been out several times this year and plan our last one at the end of Oct. If I could make one change it would be to have an opening from the outside in the slide out. Enjoy your unit.
Snipe32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 06:50 AM   #100

Thanks for the pictures of that new layout. I saw the same thing a week ago at local dealer. I believe if you measure the width of the bunks you will find they are a couple inches wider than the previous version which explains the new bathroom layout. also I really like the cut down tv wall, it lets more lite from the upper bunk window. Does yours have the enclosed underbelly? I thought this was standard on mini lites but the one I saw didn't have it. Did you order it with the options you wanted and did it come in correctly?
thanks,
craig
craigster_mi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood