Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2016, 05:27 PM   #1

Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S question

Any owners of the 2504s; can you tell me if you can access the bathroom if the slide is in. Wondering what we have to deal with if we stop on the road.

Thanks in advance
jk70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 06:47 PM   #2

Yes you can reach the bathroom. It. Is tight but can be done with no problem

2016 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2504S
2006 F150

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 08-28-2016, 07:26 PM   #3

Any 2504s owners willing to post a pic with slide closed (pic from the inside of course).

Also, looking for what owners don't like about this camper. I have a tow vehicle that can tow 12k pounds but this 2504s really has piqued my interest.

Thanks in advance
Old 08-29-2016, 05:29 AM   #4

I don't have a picture right now. There is probably a little more than a foot between I counter and the dinette. Of course if you need a little more room with a push of a button you can extend the slide out a few inches.

We have had our 2504s a couple of months and been out twice. I have no complaints at all. Love all the storage.

Over the past fifteen years we have had three pop ups and a hybrid. So we had a pretty good idea of what we wanted and this one checked all the boxes

2016 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2504S
2006 F150

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 08-29-2016, 06:46 AM   #5

2504S

X2 on lots of storage. Only complaint is on last trip we had to drive through rain storm and water came in from under the slide, of course first year warranty is up and not covered on second. Would recommend anyone with a slide take a ride in the rain during the first year. Also in this thread are pictures of a new prototype mini lite based on 2504S. It appears to have larger bunks and outside kitchen. RW ML Prototype @Goshen - its under rockwood sub heading posted on Aug 20

craig
Old 08-29-2016, 02:23 PM   #6

We got our 2504s last Winter. Absolutely love the floor plan! While it is a little bit snug, I have zero difficulty getting past the tight spot to get to the fridge or bathroom with the slide closed. If nobody else posts a picture, I'd be glad to when we get ours back from a couple warranty fixes being done. Inside storage is great & the kitchen has a good amt of space to work in - I do highly recommend getting the counter extension! We couldn't be happier with our choice!
Doxies in the Rockies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 02:59 PM   #7
Stufremont

We have a 2015 2504s, and have about 16,000 miles on the trailer over 2 years. We stopped a lot to access the bathroom(and frid). The path to the bathroom is very tight, but do-able(sideways shuffle) Of course you can also put the slider out a foot for a few minutes.
The problems we've had have been minor. The antenna crank totally fell apart on our first day out on a 5 month trip. The city water hose connection fell apart(That was a quick fix), and have blown 2 fuses with the slider.( the slider fuse connection is located front left on top of the trailer support frame-You'll never see it until you crawl under.). But that's it-very happy with the trailer, although if you go back across country, we might look for something smaller.
1 over active Lab-Plays 24/7
Stufremont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 05:11 PM   #8

Thanks for all the replies. Next question. I have seen a few of these with different countertops - how does one go about choosing a certain countertop?
Old 08-29-2016, 09:58 PM   #9

Sorry I don't know how to choose a counter top. I think there are different interiors to choose from, maybe counter tops are matched to interior choice. As far as liking the camper, I think it's wonderful, but this is my first rv. Lots of outside storage. I had no idea I would need that much,it fills up fast! Had to fix one BAD water leak in the street side pass through door. I have the rear ladder it has helped a lot. Yes you can get to both the fridge and the bathroom with the slide fully in. We are still learning how to camp in an "RV" so I don't have a lot of answers to give. Jay
Jay2504 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood, rockwood mini lite