Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2017, 01:28 PM   #1

Rockwood mini lite Lift Kit?

I have been looking but can't find much info on it a Lift Kit can be added to get better ground clearance to the mini's? Any lift kit out for the mini? Some of the areas that I will be going into are very rocky and maybe tough going. Anyone have problems with taking out the sewer water lines that hang down in the back? How do you do deal with it, if you do not do a lift? Just wondering before I get a mini. I know I will have to watch the areas that I go, but still. Thanks for any help
Old 03-28-2017, 04:57 PM   #2
Site Team

since your Rockwood should have a torsion axle, the only solution I know about, is to add spacers between the axle and frame.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 05:12 PM   #3

Take a look here, you'll have to research it out to see if these are compatible. I would take a wild guess that your Mini has #10 axles but you'll need to confirm that.

Torflex
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 05:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Take a look here, you'll have to research it out to see if these are compatible. I would take a wild guess that your Mini has #10 axles but you'll need to confirm that.

Torflex
Thank you! Now for little more and find what #? axles are on the mini's. This is a big help and I have hope.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:55 PM   #5

You might want to look into the Palomino line that have off-road packages.
Nights Camped 2017 [63]
Nights Camped 2018 [27]
Nurek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 04:46 PM   #6

So has anyone added this Lift Kit? Has anyone had any issues with low ground clearance and wish they did this? Anyone get off the paved roads with the mini? I still look the looks and quality of the mini's over all. Maybe lift not needed. TT Number two is the Apex ultra lite 212RB and the 215RBK. No one around me has a Apex to see.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:03 PM   #7

Raising Mini Lite

Just did this to my camper. Added 3" square tubing. Works well and gets the plumbing up as it should be. I found this modification on line. There is a kit you can purchase but don't remember the site. I made my own. Good luck.
1happylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:57 PM   #8
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by K7TNT View Post
So has anyone added this Lift Kit? Has anyone had any issues with low ground clearance and wish they did this? Anyone get off the paved roads with the mini? I still look the looks and quality of the mini's over all. Maybe lift not needed. TT Number two is the Apex ultra lite 212RB and the 215RBK. No one around me has a Apex to see.
We had a '14 Flagstaff Super Lite 27BESS prior to our present unit. After several drags in our driveway and other places, we talked with the service manager at our dealer about lifting the trailer. "Not a problem", he said. And it wasn't; gave great ground clearance. Unfortunately, DW started looking at Class A's and C's before we left the dealership. Never got the trailer to a campground and traded it in on our class C about 3 weeks later.
But, the trailer was lifted about 4" and had no problems backing in our driveway. And no, I can't find any pictures of it lifted.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by K7TNT View Post
I have been looking but can't find much info on it a Lift Kit can be added to get better ground clearance to the mini's? Any lift kit out for the mini? Some of the areas that I will be going into are very rocky and maybe tough going. Anyone have problems with taking out the sewer water lines that hang down in the back? How do you do deal with it, if you do not do a lift? Just wondering before I get a mini. I know I will have to watch the areas that I go, but still. Thanks for any help
I can't speak to FR units, but we have a Gulfstream Visa which was way too low, and I found a 3" lift kit from Lippert which was installed by a professional shop. Ours has torsion bar suspension, single axle, so it wasn't a very complex job. No difference in the towing characteristics, and we don't scrape the stabilzers anymore.

amblt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 05:12 AM   #10

We had a 2012 Flagstaff Microlite 23LB. I used to curse/dread entries and exits out of gas stations, and the driveway at home. We go off the beaten path almost every weekend. The triangles on the back to protect the tanks didn't come to a point anymore, they were ground flat. I had started sourcing bolt on pieces to repair them. My spring clean up usually consisted of straightening/reworking the rear stabilizer jacks. I had found the lift kit for the axles out of the states but then we sold the trailer and got a Rockwood Minilite 2504s..... couldn't be happier with the added clearance! Old trailer was 1 step for the door and 13" rims, now we're 3 steps and 14" rims.

The added ground clearance is worth every penny!
Edgycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 05:20 AM   #11

Must be the morning for "Mini Lift Info"! Youroo!!
Old 04-04-2017, 07:43 AM   #12

I don't have any problems dragging anything, but I do wish they would have made the sewer connection a little higher. On many occasions I've found it difficult to get a proper 'fall' on the sewer line to completely empty the tank. I usually end up having to stop at the dump station on the way out to get rid of the last few gallons.
53flattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:31 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53flattie View Post
I don't have any problems dragging anything, but I do wish they would have made the sewer connection a little higher. On many occasions I've found it difficult to get a proper 'fall' on the sewer line to completely empty the tank. I usually end up having to stop at the dump station on the way out to get rid of the last few gallons.
I just put the low side onto a tri-leveler to give it that much more slope. Not sure if it really helps all that much.
Nights Camped 2017 [63]
Nights Camped 2018 [27]
Nurek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lift, lite, rockwood, rockwood mini lite