Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2009, 09:43 PM   #1

Rockwood Mini Lite2502S

Hi All: This is my first post. My name is Gary and I'm considering a lightweight TT that I can haul with my 09 Toyota Highlander (5000 lb tow limit and 500 lb tongue limit). One model that has caught my eye is the MiniLite 2502S since it has a slide, dinette, sofa and walkaround queen bed. It's dry weight is 3885 lb and hitch weight is 401 lbs (length 25'8").

1) Does anybody have one of these? Do you know what the ACTUAL weight is (total trailer and hitch)? We won't pack very heavily and mostly plan to stay locally, so I don't anticipate adding more than 100-200 lbs of cargo.

2) How is the quality of the MiniLite line in general? Is there anything I should watch out for?

3) I noticed FR only offers 15" LCD TV for the MiniLite. That seems small. Will a larger TV fit, or does the shelf height/size limit the TV to 15"?

Thanks!
Gary
GaryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:11 AM   #2

Gary,
We looked at a 2502S about 2 months ago. The actual weight of the Trailer was around 4400#. Things like AC, microwave, awning, etc. are considered options and are not taken in to acount with the published brochure wt of the TT. This weight increase will also add to the hitch weight of the trailer. There are a few quirks with the TT, but overall it is not too bad for a lightweight TT. You need to look at one up close and walk through it and spend time in it to determine if it meets your needs.
Good luck.

cliff
grittyoctopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:00 PM   #3

Thank you, grittyoctopi !!!
GaryB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood