Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2022, 07:28 PM   #41

Wow ! 4.5 year old post.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 09:50 AM   #42

Experience with new Rockwood Mini Lite

Hi ..

We received a new Rockwood Mini Lite 2511s in August. The only main issue we had was that the bracing for the 12v fridge in the slide out fell apart, and the fridge leaned. The dealer just pulled the fridge and rebuilt the bracing, and all fixed.

I had a KZ Vision 19rbs for 7 years, and the quality was excellent. Other than the fridge in the new 2511s, I'm very pleased with the fit and quality of work, despite what I have heard about pandemic construction. I can't speak to Jayco, but for now, I am quite happy with the Rockwood, and it compares with the KZ, which set the bar high.

Side story - we traded in our KZ, it was in excellent condition for a 2015. I later heard that the woman that bought it love it. She had it at an RV park, and fortunately was not in the camper when a tree limb cracked off and crushed the roof and totaled it. She only used it once or twice. Bummer.
jsk125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 06:30 PM   #43

Avoid anything built during the pandemic. The build quality has dropped precipitously. Lots of warranty work being done on them. As for Jayco vs Rockwood...... My experience has been very much the opposite of what your dealer is saying. Currently, the Rockwood line has a noticeably better build and materials quality.
opinions will vary.
I believe Jayco changed hands in 2016 to be a Thor brand as well, and from what I've been told that's when their quality really dropped.
767driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 09:57 PM   #44

We're still relatively new to the rv world. Our first was a 2015 Rockwood 2109s minilite. I was happy with the build quality, but wife wasn't too fond of the floor plan. Went slightly bigger in 2019 with a Rockwood 2511s minilite. Really didn't consider another make because of the little to no problems with the first. So far no major issues. I'm sold on the aluminum cabin framework and laminated fiberglass construction. Being quality conscious the Rockwood fit our expectations.
Freetyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 08:59 AM   #45

I have a 2020 Rockwood 29ft Ultralite 5vr.

I have had a lot of problems with mine. Furnace board went out, kitchen drawers fell in (bracket broke), DVD went out, back wall separated and few other minor issues.

FR Rockwood has been excellent at fixing all.the items, no questions asked.

The problem is finding a dealer that will get it done. I bought mine about 130 miles away. Too far to go for service.

I think all the problems are behind me. I also realized after a China bomb blow put that the cheap tires were contributing to the problem. The sidewalls are weak and cause a lot of bouncing. I upgraded to the Carlisle 14 ply and my trailer bounce is about 1/3 of what it was and it's not tearing up the trailer like before.
Jim S JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 09:08 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
I've never owned a Jayco but based solely on the fit and finish of units I've seen at a local dealer, the Rockwood should be far better. I'm on my 2nd Rockwood both purchased used. Rockwood was very fair with me when I had delamination on bunk doors of our previous hybrid Rockwood Roo. I haven't had any problems with our current Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite.

Who is advising you against a Rockwood? They are not high end because they are an Ultra Lite, but they are above average quality for the segment and the Signature line offers many luxury features that other brands in the segment don't offer.
All this is true, especially about the features that many others don't offer. Try to look at the build sheets- how the roof and walls are constructed, etc. There is a BIG difference in quality between the Rockwood and Jayco.
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality, rockwood