Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #1

Rockwood Roo 23SS and a new JT Strong Arm Stabilizer

Just wanted to give anybody out there who cares that we installed and tested our JT Stabilizer on our 2012 Rockwood Roo 23SS. This is an incredible system, felt like we were walking around on a cement pad. We are REALLY please that we installed this, it works great!
It took the 2 of us about 5 hours. I made some initial mistakes and therefore it took longer than it should have, but take it from a guy not used to using tools on a daily or weekly basis, it wasn't bad. The worst part for me was crawling around under the trailer...tight spots etc. With our particular trailer, we needed to make some adjustments though. Once you read these instructions, and lay it out, it works, it is very logical. We DID have to drill into the under-frame as expected and that took a fair amount of strength and time, but those of you with better/proper tools may have an easier time. We did run into a mounting issue for the rear supports when attaching the upper end to the under-mount of the trailer. Instead of mounting them to our rear bumper and having screws protrude into the cavity where we keep the septic hose, I simply attached them to a heavy duty rear hitch that we have had on the trailer which attached to the top of the bumper. I have tested this and it feels solid and we are not concerned about it. If you don't like the movement while walking around when you find your perfect camping spot, I would highly recommend this product....we love it. Enjoy the pictures I am attaching, shoot me a message if you have any questions, I will help if I can.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2428291819.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	30925   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-60684193.jpg
Views:	865
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	30926   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2393394253.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	30927   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1330054145.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	30928   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1697998070.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	30929  

Old 05-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Looks great!
Thanks for sharing!

Triangulation is the key to stabilization!

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #3

Was going to do the same thing. However, on the advise of my dealer, I purchased and installed two BAL X-Chock. This quite a bit easier and less costly.
gbpacker is offline   Reply With Quote