Old 05-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #11

slideout toppers

Thanks John for your input, have reconsidered. Called today and had the 2 slideout toppers included, since the unit order was placed just last week.

RossandJan
Tow vehicle-2006 Chevy 2500HD Ext.cab 6.0
2 USN vets/1 Retired

Old 05-04-2011, 08:09 PM   #12

Just reread my post, and "(There are my threads here on the subject.)" should have read "(There are many threads here on the subject.)"! DOH!

Hope I didn't cost you too much $$$!

Congrats again on the new TT!

John

Nights Camped: '06=122 '07=12 '08=18 '09=10 '10=18 '11=28 '12=16
kalik282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #13

8314BSS - Signature Ultra Lite 2012

I have had since last year and have used 7 times this year the toilet always backs up. I have the automatic rinse out on side. I have to put about 20 gallons of water into rinse it out every time I use to get everything out of tank it takes me about 1 1/2 hours to deal with this. I have had it in 4 times and it is in now in again. They tell me use a garbage can for toilet paper I told them unacceptable. I had an 18 ft Pioneer and never had problems with toilet. My dad has a 2012 Big horn and neither of those have this problem. I love this travel trailer it is awesome!! Anyone have this problem? I have a re-occurring drainage problem. It will not clear with the flush spray from the hose inlet. We have to move the build up out of the way of the opening with a stick and pouring those buckets of water down to move it. I have had to bring a water hose into the trailer and use the force of that spray to get the flow moving. This seems to be a very poor design. Is there a correction my local dealer can do to correct this problem? They are not having any luck!!
Old 02-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustheart View Post
I have had since last year and have used 7 times this year the toilet always backs up. I have the automatic rinse out on side. I have to put about 20 gallons of water into rinse it out every time I use to get everything out of tank it takes me about 1 1/2 hours to deal with this. I have had it in 4 times and it is in now in again. They tell me use a garbage can for toilet paper I told them unacceptable. I had an 18 ft Pioneer and never had problems with toilet. My dad has a 2012 Big horn and neither of those have this problem. I love this travel trailer it is awesome!! Anyone have this problem? I have a re-occurring drainage problem. It will not clear with the flush spray from the hose inlet. We have to move the build up out of the way of the opening with a stick and pouring those buckets of water down to move it. I have had to bring a water hose into the trailer and use the force of that spray to get the flow moving. This seems to be a very poor design. Is there a correction my local dealer can do to correct this problem? They are not having any luck!!
My guess is that you are attempting to flush your black tank with the drain valve always open, which is the way they advise to do it. This method is not very effective as it does not allow a build-up of sufficient flushing water in the holding tank to create enough of a flow to flush the tank efficiently. If you leave the drain valve closed for a few minutes when adding flush water the resulting flow will clean your tank. Repeat a couple of times to completely flush the black tank. The instruction to leave the valve open is to totally eliminate the possibility of over-filling the tank, however, a few minutes with the valve closed will not come anywhere near completely filling the black tank. Just don't walk away and leave the fllushing water running unattended.

I realize that the "flush police" out there will call me an idiot for even suggesting this method, but I have been doing just this for years now with absolutely no problems whatsoever.

...VTX-Al
Old 02-03-2013, 04:13 PM   #15

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
No vtx-al------------

No VTX-AL , you are 100% correct. As AL stated--DON"T WALK AWAY WHILE FLUSHING--. You have to close the black valve, add about 3/4 tank of water ( someone or you has to watch the light panel) , allow to drain, fill several times and drain. I usually have to fill and drain 4-6 times to remove all the "T" paper and brown gold fish. Again VTX-AL is right on.

We use the "ANGEL SOFT" toilet paper from WALMART. It is cheaper than RV "T" paper and will completely disolve in 5-10 hours for it is septic tank safe. I also use the new dishwasher "PODS" in my black tank (3 at a time)
along with the green or orange packets (1) after draining. refill black tank
until the 1/2 full light just comes on, add the items listed above. Fill the toliet bowl 1/2 full, pitch in dishwasher packets and toliet packets. Let disolve, dump into tank. You should be good for 4 days for two people.
# 2 paper in tank, #1 Paper in trash can!

Right before leaving the camp ground, make sure the shower gray tank valve
is closed for at least two showers, after dumping black, flushing, recharging
with the chemicals. Now dump gray tank to flush out any residue from black tank dumping.

Good luck and have fun!
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2017 66 DAYS
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:42 PM   #16

I have tried what both of you suggested already and it did not work. We did it several times than we ran the water down toilet and it started Moving it little by little. I really think tank is not tilted properly. We do use the Rv toilet paper. It is very frustrating,
Old 02-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #17
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustheart View Post
I have a re-occurring drainage problem.
If the solids are caked up, all the flushing in the world will not clear it. You need to dissolve the solids with a bacteria and enzyme product like RV-Digest-It.

Add 1 full quart to the tank and fill the tank with water. Let it sit a MINIMUM of one week; then dump and rinse for a MINIMUM of 30 minutes (by the clock).

For severely clogged tanks, this process should be repeated.

Once done and water running free and clear, prevent future problems by adding 1/2 cup liquid Calgon water SOFTENER and 1/2 cup liquid detergent to 5 gallons of water before you use the black tank for waste.

NEVER use the tank for solids when it has no water in it.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #18

This is a new T/T 2012 I am a single woman I have not even done # 2 enough in this thing to clog it up I have used it 7 times this started 1st time out on me and my roommate. I can not see spending $30000.00 to right off the bat have a problem 1st weekend out in RV. And I have taken It back 4 times and right now it is at dealer again.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #19
Site Team - Lou

The only other possibility is a disk of plastic from a hole saw cut is in the tank that is blocking the drain or a partially opening maladjusted gate valve.

Has the dealer investigated either case?

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:48 PM   #20

I will ask them Monday about those two.