Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2015, 07:06 PM   #21
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 13
Actually I just folded them up to see if they lock in place but they don't. So when I open them, they don't lift up but rather just slide out. So I just drilled a hold at one side and I will look for a locking pin at a hardware store.
Thanks all
__________________

__________________
IanFleischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:11 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Alabama
Posts: 189
It happened to me only once in the first year. They are actually still stiff so I'm kind of glad about that. I also swing my entry handle in front of the door in transit because a fellow V nose camper told me his door has popped open several times and encouraged me to use it....makes sense to me.
__________________

__________________
2014 Windjammer 3025W Diamond 34.5 ft 8300 lbs.
2010 F150 SC XLT 4x4 5.4L, 3.55 gears 20" rims
12 k Equalizer WDH, Firestone Airbags, HD Bilsteins
TST 507RV TPMS
Zolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:35 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus
 
ColoradoRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 953
Ours have not opened while driving, either.
__________________
Rick & Karen
(Retired USAF, MSgt)
Monument, Colorado
6-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4 (with Firestone airbags in the rear)
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:06 PM   #24
WFD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolin View Post
I also swing my entry handle in front of the door in transit because a fellow V nose camper told me his door has popped open several times and encouraged me to use it....makes sense to me.
Doesn't everybody do this....I would never think of travelling and not having the entry handle swung in front of the door...leaving it out is just asking for trouble.
__________________
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 Duramax
2016 Rockwood 8289WS, Diamond Pkg.
WFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:52 PM   #25
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFD View Post
Doesn't everybody do this....I would never think of travelling and not having the entry handle swung in front of the door...leaving it out is just asking for trouble.
I think he was say'en........as opposed to back against the trailer.
__________________
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 06:14 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Alabama
Posts: 189
WFD, my handle can position into 3 places; against the trailer, straight out, or back against the door. I was referring to leaving it across the door, as opposed to away from the door flat against the trailer. I've seen a lot of people, if not most leave theirs against the other side of the door in transit. I stopped this practice last year.....just a little extra insurance. I just picked my jammer up from the dealer today after having some squawks repaired and they told me the doors and door frames do a considerable amount of flexing while in transit and they could pop open if the latch is not set properly.
__________________
2014 Windjammer 3025W Diamond 34.5 ft 8300 lbs.
2010 F150 SC XLT 4x4 5.4L, 3.55 gears 20" rims
12 k Equalizer WDH, Firestone Airbags, HD Bilsteins
TST 507RV TPMS
Zolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:08 PM   #27
WFD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,615
OK...now I get your point...on our unit the handle can only swing towards the door, as going the opposite way would cause it to hit the awning arm assembly....so yes given your situation, folding it up against the door seems to be the wisest.
__________________
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 Duramax
2016 Rockwood 8289WS, Diamond Pkg.
WFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:15 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolin View Post
WFD, my handle can position into 3 places; against the trailer, straight out, or back against the door. I was referring to leaving it across the door, as opposed to away from the door flat against the trailer. I've seen a lot of people, if not most leave theirs against the other side of the door in transit. I stopped this practice last year.....just a little extra insurance. I just picked my jammer up from the dealer today after having some squawks repaired and they told me the doors and door frames do a considerable amount of flexing while in transit and they could pop open if the latch is not set properly.
Always folded against the trailer for me.
When travelling the door is always locked, so no way it can open !
__________________
Black
2014 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 tuxedo black
2015 Rockwood Signature 8310SS Diamond Edition
***3rd GENERATION EGG FARMER***
***WHO MADE YOUR EGGS TODAY ?
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:57 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
R&J Silverback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: vancouver,wa
Posts: 122
Had the same thing happen on our way home from the dealer. flexco has a fix for it. cant say that I think it works all that great but you might want to contact them if you are still under warranty
__________________
Ron & Jan and black dog(Bella)
2011 Ram 3500 crew cab 4x4, 6sp manual,342's 8ft.bed
2014 CC Silverback 29ik
R&J Silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 02:23 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Alabama
Posts: 189
Deadbolt and swing handle across door, bungee steps if you want extra peace of mind. So far, so good on my steps, only one incident and have not done anything since.
__________________

__________________
2014 Windjammer 3025W Diamond 34.5 ft 8300 lbs.
2010 F150 SC XLT 4x4 5.4L, 3.55 gears 20" rims
12 k Equalizer WDH, Firestone Airbags, HD Bilsteins
TST 507RV TPMS
Zolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
light, rockwood

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 AM.