Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2016, 02:34 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcjoe1 View Post
YOUROO, We didn't find the bathroom to small but there was a heat issue when the temperature got in the 90's. With only one 15,000 BTU air conditioner it couldn't catch up until the sun set so it got Very uncomfortable in the RV during the day. SOOOOOO saying that we plan on heading south when both of us retire and we have to think about the pets when it gets hot during the day and we have to leave them home. We also like to camp very late in the fall and it gets very cold sometimes so I'm hoping the Arctic Fox will fill the bill. We should have it in time for our August vacation. Dkjones28 take a look at the Arctic Fox 29-5T it may be just what your looking for.
Cheers.
I just got back from Oceano NAS in Virginia Beach day time temps hit 97 and with the Humidity it felt like 104, I had no trees around me at all, one A/C 15000 BTU. Had no problem keeping the unit cool, It never shut off but it still kept the unit cool. It cycled at night then about 8:00AM each morning it just stayed on. But my unit is white, that helps not a dark color. My bedroom has a full Queen walk around bed, the head is small but it is very well laid out for one person, My only complaint is no heat or cooling in that area. I don't live in the bathroom and only sleep and keep my clothes in the bedroom. During the day I keep the bedroom vents closed and the door shut, open the vents up again when the sun go's down. What I have learned is that I have to be at my next destination by 3:00 PM or it's a bear to cool down and won't until the sunsets....There is no insulation except the 2" styrofoam walls and 4" styrofoam ceiling, nothing behind the cap at all..

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 06:27 PM   #22

I picked up a portable ac unit on wheels, I set it next to desk and vent it out the side window. Only takes a few minutes to get my wife looking for the blanket
jtesta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 06:41 PM   #23

Thanks for the advice. I will try that trick closing the vents and door in the bedroom
Dkjones28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 03:53 PM   #24

Send a message via AIM to B and B
We have no problem with heat at 0c or 32 f for the old style people. The fireplace and furnace look after us just fine for April or March camping. 80 % we are under trees and 1 15k btu dos fine. Nashville was a chore but it did work with a fan.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 05:44 PM   #25

We had 2 fans running all the time and still unbearable. We were parked in the sun. No trees around and I am sure that had a lot to do with it.
Dkjones28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood