Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2016, 03:14 PM   #1

Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8324BS

Stopped by the dealer yesterday just to see what they had in stock. We've been looking to replace our 8312 with something that has a bigger MBR. They supposedly had an 8328 (reasonably new floor plan) but sold it almost as soon as it hit the lot. I knew they had a couple of Windjammer 3006WKs on the lot and just had the urge to go by and walk through a couple. The 3006WK would work for us, but...

When we got there, we found out they've come out with an even newer floor plan--the 8324. Owner claimed only 5 have come out of the factory so far. It's so new, the floorplan is not even on Forest River's website yet. Outside kitchen--check (minus the microwave). Bigger MBR--check (in the rear of the trailer). If they had gotten it with the automatic levelers and maple wood cabinets, we'd probably have signed on the dotted line while there. It has a 55-inch TV up front in the entertainment center that disappears into the cabinet below in case you have a great view out the new windshield-style front window. It has something I've never seen, and that is an L-shaped sofa with a single HAB). There is another HAB sofa on the door side. The down side for us is that the kitchen doesn't have a lot of head room, and we're both tall (the kitchen is actually in a slide on the off-door side. The dinette table and chairs are on the door side in a slide. Just thought I'd report on what we saw in case anybody is looking forward to the 2017.5 Rockwood travel trailers.

What we have now will sleep up to 10 (really, 8 comfortably), and this model would only sleep 5, but I'm very tempted. Just disappointed that the auto levelers weren't included, and I'm not a big fan of the Driftwood cabinetry.

Oh, the exterior is called champagne (much lighter than the taupe they had been using, but not bright white).

Dealer still hasn't gotten any 2017 brochures, which I didn't think they had because I had e-mailed the Forest River people, and they had said the hard copies wouldn't be available until some time in October.
glitelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 03:18 PM   #2

Sounds nice. Like I tell people though, on a new unit (and if you don't mind a little wait) just order it optioned like you want. Cost is the same if the dealer is worth anything.
Old 09-18-2016, 04:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by raspivey View Post
Sounds nice. Like I tell people though, on a new unit (and if you don't mind a little wait) just order it optioned like you want. Cost is the same if the dealer is worth anything.

That's true. We didn't ask about ordering it because before we left the hubby fell in love with a huge Jayco Seismic toy hauler, so we wanted to talk it over (basically I needed time to bring him back down to earth, LOL). That's way more RV than I think we'll ever need, but I have myself to blame because I asked the salesperson if they had any toy haulers with an outside kitchen because some friends of ours were in the market. Big mistake! Of course, they offered us way more on our trade on a big rig like that, and it got hubby's wheels turning.

This dealer has around 500 units in stock, so I'm sure they'd much prefer you take something off the lot, but I agree that spec-ing it out the way you want makes more sense.
Old 09-18-2016, 04:37 PM   #4

Here's the floor plan:

https://hamiltonsrv.com/forest-river...ravel-trailer/

Here's a video:

A few things I noticed that I wasn't a fan of:

- Kitchen sink too far from stove/counter
- Doesn't appear that bathroom is accessible with dinette slide in
- Seems like outside sink and outside fridge should be swapped so you can actually get to the sink

That pass-thru in the slideout is awesome, though!

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 04:44 PM   #5

I'd heard they were doing away with the rock guards on the front windows. I like how they look, but I'm not sure how break resistant they'd be.
Old 09-18-2016, 05:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by raspivey View Post
I'd heard they were doing away with the rock guards on the front windows. I like how they look, but I'm not sure how break resistant they'd be.
They are the same as Car/Truck windshields! Youroo!!
Old 09-18-2016, 06:17 PM   #7

I had a Trailblazer with a rear glass with that tinting on it. That window ran me $700 when I through a rock with the mower. I think I'd rather have the cover than spend the deductible if something hits it just right.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:31 AM   #8

8324BS

I also have looked at the 8324BS, Loved it... I ordered one with the 4.0 leveling system and the lighter cabinets. Should be here in 5 weeks, can't wait...
kcrlaterbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 08:57 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrlaterbye View Post
I also have looked at the 8324BS, Loved it... I ordered one with the 4.0 leveling system and the lighter cabinets. Should be here in 5 weeks, can't wait...
Congrats! That's exactly what I would have ordered....BUT now we are the proud owners of a 2016 Ford F350 Platinum dually...which opens up a whole other can of worms--we can now tow almost anything, and the hubby is now loving the idea of a 5th wheel. I finally did talk him down from the huge toy hauler with 2 patios . Please let us know how you like your 8324BS when you take delivery!
Old 10-26-2016, 09:01 AM   #10

Quote:
I just ask about the 4.0 Level system,did you actually "Try,Test,See" the system Work or just order it? Youroo!!
Old 10-26-2016, 10:12 AM   #11

4.0 leveling system

I did not try it, but the dealer where I ordered it from is a friend of mine and said he saw it at an RV show and it work great. So I am hoping that I will be pleased with it.
Old 10-26-2016, 03:03 PM   #12

Quote:
I did not try it, but the dealer where I ordered it from is a friend of mine and said he saw it at an RV show and it work great. So I am hoping that I will be pleased with it.
I am trying to get some "Real Life" info on these 4.0 Rockwood systems,I called one of the Big Net Dealers and they said they have Ordered some for Customers but I didn't get a Solid answer to how the system makes a 34' Lite Trailer feal in regards to "Bounce,Movement,Shake when others are walking inside"! We can only Hope for Input from a "Real Owner" sometime! Youroo!!
Old 10-26-2016, 03:44 PM   #13

4.0 leveling system

I have not seen the system work. But the dealer where I ordered mine saw it work at an RV show. Said it worked great. It's the same system they put on 5th wheels.

Tags
rockwood