Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2017, 03:07 PM   #1

Rockwood Signature Ultra lite 8325SS 2017

Looking to buy a 2017 model. Any reviews would be great. Thanks!
abehmlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:54 AM   #2

I am really surprised by the lack of responses. We purchased our 2017 8325ss in July 2017. We factory ordered the unit, wanted Platinum (white). We wanted the dinette, most we looked at had the table and chairs. It has the 15000 btu air conditioner, slide topppers on slide outs. Ours was the last 8325ss that has the cover over the front window as opposed to the newer model that has a windshield. Don't know which one is better. The windshield does add 200 lbs to the weight of the newer model.

The first thing I did was remove the water filter from under the bathroom sink, bypassed it and use a outside filter. Read about many leaking and a pain to change the filter.

Replace the shower head with a Oxygenics. Moved the shower head itself to the left about 2 ft, better for moving around when showering.

The shower floor by the drain flexed a lot. So opened the access panel on the bottom front of the shower and braced it more. No flex now.

We have the lazy boy recliners and really not sure about the quality and durability. The lazy boy rv furniture is really cheaply made. Had to do it again I would not order recliners and would buy my own at a furniture store that I could try before I buy.

We order the electric stabilizer jacks, not sure about these . I keep thinking that if I deploy to far I will damage them. The old style manual tighten kind are easier to judge how firmly adjusted. With the length of the trailer no matter how I adjusted the stabilizers it still had bounce when moving about in the trailer. Had to get 2 manually adjusted jacks to place in front of the wheels on each side. Helped a lot.

As far as camping with the trailer, sweet. Everyone that has been in the trailer loved the amount of open space in the trailer. We really enjoy the trailer.

I have viewed may 2017 8325ss and have seen each to be different depending on what time during the year it was produced. No matter which one you pick, I am sure you will be happy.

I tow with a 2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew with the 3.5 eco boost engine and max tow package and it tows very well. Mine is 7780 factory and my wife packed 1000 lbs worth of stuff in it. I know because I weight everything that went in.... Has a tonge weight of 1150 lb.

Hope this help a little.
bkool2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 11:01 AM   #3

Thanks

This was the type of information I was looking for. No regrets on your choice??
abehmlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 11:30 AM   #4

no regrets at all.

Good Luck with your choices. Look to get it a 30% or so off MSRP.

It you do get one the water heater bypass is found by removing the bottom drawers by the sink and looking to the left.
bkool2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 01:40 PM   #5

I bought my Rockwood last year. I've had some problems, but nothing I couldn't deal with. Was caught in the recent Texas winter storm and discovered it is not a cold weather unit. Despite available heat, water lines frozen and the water pump compartment was frozen because it was open to the outside with two drain lines. Bedroom closet collapsed because of cheap staple construction. Kitchen pantry shelves collapsed for the same reason.

Otherwise, I'm relatively happy with my trailer.
dave1194 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, rockwood