Old 04-27-2014, 10:31 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow 1994 View Post
Glad to hear you like your Rockwood 8289WS. My wife and I just ordered this unit about a week ago. I'm trying to get my dealer to change out the factory installed tires ("Trail Express") for at least a "Load Range D" tire before I take delivery of the new unit. I'd like to go with the "Load Range E" tire if possible, but I can't find any info on whether the 15" aluminum wheels can handle the added psi. I see you've had luck with your tires, but do you know what the wheel itself says it's rated for? Or, any one else that has this unit, can you help me out? Thanks. Sorry for the thread derailment.
I contacted the wheel mfg by email but got no response. Another 8289 owner had upgraded to "E" range tires and had towed a couple thousand miles so I figured I would also give it a try. I know from working in Mfg that there is always a safety factor built into any ratings for anything like wheels and so I run mine at 75 lbs as I had heard on here someone say they were only rated to 65 lbs and figured they should have a 15-20 percent overload factor.

2013 nights camped 35
MarcusN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:04 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusN View Post
I contacted the wheel mfg by email but got no response. Another 8289 owner had upgraded to "E" range tires and had towed a couple thousand miles so I figured I would also give it a try. I know from working in Mfg that there is always a safety factor built into any ratings for anything like wheels and so I run mine at 75 lbs as I had heard on here someone say they were only rated to 65 lbs and figured they should have a 15-20 percent overload factor.
That's too bad you didn't get a response from the wheel manufacturer. Yeah. I'm sure your right about the safety margin built into the ratings. I'm definitely going to get at least the load range d tires in place of the factory shoes. That was one of my conditions before purchasing the unit. Thanks for the info.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:34 AM   #13

I thought for 2014/15 they were going to offer king size bed as an option, check with your dealer.
If you want to install a king, just remove or modify the side tables and then the bed will fit

kdcamper
Old 04-27-2014, 11:54 AM   #14

The wife & I also like the floorplan of the 8329SS. We are looking for the floor plan of a TT that has all the options available that the fifth wheels have. The biggest deal breaker on fifth wheels are THE STAIRS! Look how steep they are and you have to walk up & down them every time you use the restroom or bedroom. Always a chance to trip & fall while you're inside the trailer. I'll trade the ride & towing for no steep stairs anytime.
Battlefield, Missouri
F.R.O.G. Member
1st International F.R.O.G. Rally Branson Missouri
JohnandPandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:07 PM   #15

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
15k btu ac

You should get the upgraded AC to the 15K BTU. You will not be sorry.
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2017 66 DAYS
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:55 PM   #16

Mine has the upgraded AC.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:40 PM   #17

Congrats on getting your new 8329SS. A great choice and you're going to love it. We've been very happy with ours. Good luck!

Mike
Old 04-28-2014, 09:58 AM   #18

Thanks I was thinking about that working, I hadn't measured the actual clearance at the head inside the slide out but my first impression is that it should work ok.

'12 F250 Ford Super Crew
'11 Forrest River ROO 21ss
Ty_Roo21ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:02 AM   #19

What I liked was that it's a great floor plan, has all the options of the 5th's in my towing range, and all in a package that is under 35'. And like you said no stairs to stumble over. I use an equalizer hutch and that really adds to the stability of towing a trailer, just a little more work for camp setup and break down.

'12 F250 Ford Super Crew
'11 Forrest River ROO 21ss
Ty_Roo21ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:52 AM   #20

Smile I'm considering the 8329 SS.

I will check them out when I return to Central NY next week.. Don't want to tow a new one from Florida 1300 miles. How are they to tow? I'm considering the diamond package. Hope I can locate a dealer that carries them. Price I should target? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks,

Tags
rockwood