Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2015, 09:12 PM   #21

Yeh, I haul it sixty miles and leave it there two months because they could not get it in the shop, drive sixty miles home. Now when it is done I drive sixty miles to get it and haul it home. FR paid for the calking that took about 15 minutes to do. I don't get it. I think I made a better choice. Almost anyone can climb on the roof a place a bead of calking. Well maybe anyone.
psrujak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 09:14 PM   #22

Oh by the way it did not cost me anything. What is the bill FR would have paid. My travel time? I don't think so.
psrujak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:34 AM   #23

Roof Seams

Recommend using Ether-Bond Tape on all roof seams. As for an Manufacture Warranty it will be limited if any at all. I am picking up a New 2015 model # 2703 on Monday and will Tape the seams within the first few months.
mcrib2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 12:02 PM   #24

Send a message via Skype™ to stillontheroad
We have a 2012 8280 and just love it. We also bought it used after it had sat in storage for over a year. Smoke smell was a problem at first but solved that easily with a British product called "Auto Glym, Odour Eliminator" They also make an amazing polish. No leaks, no slide problems, previous owner had replaced the tires. The biggest problem was with the rear jacks. The jacks seemed to be jammed and as a result, the pin for using the hand crank was broken off by the previous owner. Upon investigation (took it all apart) I found that the motor was full of water (poor seal) and had seized. The manufacturer woudl do nothing and a new motor was over $200.00. Solution: Motor in the garbage, Covered electrical wires and with a strong string pulled the wires back up into the sidewall and secured them there for future access. Drilled out the broken pin, replaced it and now I get some bending over and cranking exersize whenever we move. We live (travel South in the winters 3-6000 miles) and park in a park in Ontario for the summer (6 months) in our trailer. Just love it and the weight is perfect for our F150.
stillontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 09:34 PM   #25
Maron

Send a message via Yahoo to Maron
I owned furniture stores for 20 years and of the dozens of furniture manufacturers we purchased from, none of them paid for "service visits". The simple reason is the price and quality of work vary so greatly & customers try to take advantage of them.
Additionally a simple seam slippage should have been evident without a service man confirming it.
Maron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 09:36 PM   #26
Maron

Send a message via Yahoo to Maron
By the way our 8329 is 14 months old and other then minor issues(which Fotest River fixed) we love ours.
Maron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood