Old 04-11-2016, 12:56 PM   #1
2016 Rockwood 8325SS
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8325SS

Getting ready in a couple of weeks to take out our new 2016. Have not seen a whole lot of talk about the 8325SS. Any information about our new unit would be appreciated. This will be the first outing for our T.T. No issues at this time but would be interested in anyone with information about what to look for, on it's first venture out. Hopefully other 8325SS owners will inform us on what they discovered their first time out with theirs.

Barstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 12:58 AM   #2
I don't have that model so I am no help whatsoever. Just wanted to say what a really nice RV that seems to be, after looking at pictures. So, good luck, and...

2015 Forest River Rockwood Signature Series Ultra Lite 8289WS w/Diamond pkg.
2014 RAM CTD 6.7 Tradesman 4WD Auto Crew Cab Long Bed
tdst51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 01:06 AM   #3
I go RV'ing not Camping
Congrats on your new trailer, I'm sure it will be just fine in the long run
312QBUD Owners Thread
2015 Wildwood Heritage Glen 312QBUD
2000 Chev 2500 Extended Cab 6 Liter
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 10:24 AM   #4
8325ss owner

We have the 2015 model, got in October. Its been great haven't had to tow it yet(They delivered it to our site and we won't have to move til the middle of June. We have had no problems yet. We love the size and space in the living area. The outside lighting is great. The fire place has kept the camper warm without using the main heater, its been in the low 30's at night in Jersey.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160415_172652970.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	567.6 KB
ID:	105720  
RichSandy-NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 06:41 PM   #5
We have a 2014 8325ss. So for so good. No problems what so ever.
We have the 50amp and 2 a/c units.
Also have the slider topper covers.
The only thing to watch out for is the doors is side and above the fireplace opening up while you are traveling sometimes and if don't watch it when you open your slides it will catch the door and rip it off.
Almost got us one time since you can't see with the slider closed if they are open some.
We put bungee cords to hold the doors closed.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1461454888.198957.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	105875

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
KAISOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 06:54 AM   #6
2016 Rockwood 8325SS
Rockwood 8325SS

Thanks for the heads up on the doors and the slide outs. This is exactly the information I am looking for, from owners of my model.
Barstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 02:47 PM   #7
Congrats on your new trailer, I think it is a great floorplan. Ours is a 2014, though we got in in May of 2013. We full time in it May - October in NE PA.

Issues to watch for, based on our model year. Windows, DO NOT over crank them, arms are very flimsy and will break easily. Vent covers are, cheaper, for lack of a better word, than any trailer I have had and will crack if bumped. Air matress in sofa gave up after about 4 nights of the grandkids, it is easier to get a replacement at a department store, $39.00.
You will find the trailer is shaky, if one is sitting and then someone else walks through, the trailer shakes. I added 4 more stabilizers and that helped, some. It is an ultralight...walls are thin, if you snore you will keep the whole campground up, ie, little sound proofing with this unit. Keep a close eye on your rubber roof, on ours the Dicor started cracking at the joints the first year. Delaer claimed it ws not under warranty, yes I had the extended.

My biggest grip is you cannot get hold of FR direct and one is at the mercy of the dealer. Each problem I had the dealer quipped it was not covered, until I pushed back to have them submit the claim. FR covered all but the roof. Keep an eye on it..

That all being said, we love the trailer. I would like to see (FR - are you listening?) the same trailer in a better quality, heavier duty travel trailers used to be made.

Have a great summer with your new toy!

OldDog is offline   Reply With Quote

rockwood, ultralite