Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2014, 04:41 PM   #1

Rockwood Slider Issue

I was getting my new Rockwood UL ready for its first trip when I happen to look at the front bottom corner of the slider (closed) and see light shining through from the outside. I looked at the other side and saw some light also though not as much.

It looks like the opening would be 2"x3" which is small but enough to let in dust and water from the highway since the tires are just under this area.

I am waiting for a response from my dealer who seems to be getting right on it. I was just wondering if anyone else having this issue which seems to be a slider adjustment problem or an issue with the design/application of the weather striping.

2013 Rockwood 2904SS Emerald Edition
2006 Toyota Tundra 4x4 TRD

Nights camped 2014 = 5
majordel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:35 PM   #2

I had the same problem took to my dealer and was in and out inside of about an hour. Slide was ok just had to add some gasket material. Quick fix and so far appears ok just happen this week I bought in late Febuary.
Big Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:28 AM   #3

Thanks Paul, that makes me feel a little better although I wish I could just go to Vegas without worrying about it.

2013 Rockwood 2904SS Emerald Edition
2006 Toyota Tundra 4x4 TRD

Nights camped 2014 = 5
majordel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:59 PM   #4

Think water would be worst enemy but all the other things not good either. I thought water might come in going down the road but I was lucky went throught a bad rain storm just a few days before I discovered the problem. I believe they must come across this problem frequently at the dealers and many people catch before delivery since this my first one with a slide I never thought to look untill I was checking out after returning home I took delivery and left next morning on a 10 day trip was lucky no water damage.
Big Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:54 PM   #5
Rockwood 2604WS

We have a similar gap on our new 2604WS. I temporarily put some weather seal tape (1/8" foam strip) in the open area and will show the tech, when he comes to take care of a couple of items. Since it's our first RV, I didn't think to look for it.
Glenn_03Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood, slide