Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2012, 11:33 PM   #1
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
Rockwood Suspension

I do not own a Rockwood TT but did witness one going West on FM-1093 just east of Fulshear TX today, and let me say that that trailer should have never left the dealer. It was so obvious that a problem existed on this trailer. His axles are so far out of alignment, the trailer was pulling tail right more that 6 inches right of center as he past me.

I've read numerous treads in this forum concerning premature tire failure on these trailers in addition to other suspension related issues. That trailer was a definite hazard to those traveling behind as well as those approaching head on, I was one of these. I don't know that I could have done anything to change the situation but hope that owner sees the obvious before a major accident happens.

I check my 5er after each trip, looking over the tires, suspension, frame in the suspension attachment areas and pin box attachment/alignment. If things have gone haywire, I have an opportunity to get them repaired before my next trip. I also pre trip the unit, looking over the entire rig, looking for anything out of wack. I would rather delay or cancel a trip than endanger me/mine or others along the way. I urge every FR owner to do the same. I will approach any owner I can when there is a problem he/she may not have noticed.

I only wish that I had had the opportunity to speak with that Rockwood owner today.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:09 AM   #2

We can only hope that they were on the way to a service center...
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote