Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2014, 04:13 PM   #21

The new 8285ws (2011) has 4,000 Lb axles with 225 tires but load range c.I agree many do not know their loads but many or most in my club do and many are fed up with the =Chinese junk.Tell me if you can find or know of any retail outlet selling Trail Express.You probably can't because they are peddled by offshore warehouses.When the name of a tire gets a bad reputation,I bet the offshore importer get the same tire but with a different name from the same Chinese outfit.You can tell I'm fed up with this crap.I challenge you,find a retailer that carriea Trail Express other than Lionshead.
keypunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:37 AM   #22

Allot or most of the tire trouble can be blamed on the Chinese junk but some can be related to the owner. How the trailer is loaded, is it heavy front to back or right to left will put more weight on certain tires especially when loaded to the max. Also on trailers with more than one axel, if the trailer is high or low in the front (not level) will put more weight on either the front or rear axels & tires. Not defending the chinese junk, there are other things that come into play also. I do agree that upgrading the load range can solve allot of trouble. I'm not a tire guy, jmho.
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:20 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by presley01 View Post
Allot or most of the tire trouble can be blamed on the Chinese junk but some can be related to the owner. How the trailer is loaded, is it heavy front to back or right to left will put more weight on certain tires especially when loaded to the max. Also on trailers with more than one axel, if the trailer is high or low in the front (not level) will put more weight on either the front or rear axels & tires. Not defending the chinese junk, there are other things that come into play also. I do agree that upgrading the load range can solve allot of trouble. I'm not a tire guy, jmho.
This is very true and exactly why you DON'T put tires on a camper that are completely maxed out when fully loaded. I don't know of any way to get your camper weighed on each side, and I would bet that most of ours don't have a perfect 50/50 balance side to side. My Puma may be "entry level", but at least it came with 4400lb axles and 225/75-15 D (10,520+/- total rating for a 7K from the factory trailer) rated tires. Why on Earth the manufacturers insist on putting marginal tires and axles on campers that cost double or more than mine just blows my mind.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood, tire