Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2015, 12:01 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad View Post
Well on our 8329, the bedroom slide is 38" deep and roughly 66" wide.
Someone with a 8289 would have to measure their wardrobe slide to be sure, but I don't think its that deep and likely not as wide either.

I do know we looked at both models many times, and the 8329 has much more floor space in the bedroom. Mostly that's because the bed slide gets nearly half of a queen bed out of the bedroom when the slide is extended.

I still think the choice between TT and 5'ver should be made more on what else you want to do with the truck however.
I am with you on that !
We checked the 5th wheel equivalent of our 8310 which I don't recall the model number before...and the bedroom IS smaller than ours, no one will convince me of the opposite !
***3rd GENERATION EGG FARMER***
***WHO MADE YOUR EGGS TODAY ?
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:02 AM   #22

Boy, you people are a big help. Of course I'm kidding. After no free standing table and chairs, no fireplace, never getting a fifth wheel and definitely no island sink --- yes --we ordered a Flagstaff 8528IKWS. We went to a dealer that had both the 8310ss and 8280ws rear kitchen models to compare the same layout between tt and 5er. A Rockwood 8289ikws was next to them and after we went in it all just sort of fell in place. It didn't have the extras we wanted, so ordered a Flagstaff from a dealer closer to us. Thanks for all the help, it did make us think of other options.
randygk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:13 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by randygk View Post
Boy, you people are a big help. Of course I'm kidding. After no free standing table and chairs, no fireplace, never getting a fifth wheel and definitely no island sink --- yes --we ordered a Flagstaff 8528IKWS. We went to a dealer that had both the 8310ss and 8280ws rear kitchen models to compare the same layout between tt and 5er. A Rockwood 8289ikws was next to them and after we went in it all just sort of fell in place. It didn't have the extras we wanted, so ordered a Flagstaff from a dealer closer to us. Thanks for all the help, it did make us think of other options.

Congratulations!!!
What made you get the flagstaff over the rockwood? Interior colors?

2014 Crusader 295rst
2014 F150 Fx4
Old 03-31-2015, 11:35 AM   #24

Mostly because the dealer was about half the distance as the Rockwood dealer and we had been there before and liked the salesman. If I had to choose and they were sitting side by side, I'd probably choose the Rockwood because the Flagstaff decal looks faded and old when brand new(I guess it's supposed to).
randygk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5er, rockwood