Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2011, 06:32 PM   #1

Question Rockwood TV Questions

We are on the verge of ordering an 8312SS. Problem is there are none to look at within a 3 hour radius from here. So, we are wondering, does the TV in the entertainment center swivel toward the sofa so the people watching from that angle see more than a black shady picture? Hoping someone knows. Or maybe they are good flatscreens that can be viewed at an angle. Also, the TV in the bedroom: We cannot get a straight answer whether it is hooked to the DVD player in the entertainment system. If not it would be pretty useless for us our antenna never gets stations around here and we don't camp where there is cable. Thanks for your input.
learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:40 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by learn View Post
We are on the verge of ordering an 8312SS. Problem is there are none to look at within a 3 hour radius from here. So, we are wondering, does the TV in the entertainment center swivel toward the sofa so the people watching from that angle see more than a black shady picture? Hoping someone knows. Or maybe they are good flatscreens that can be viewed at an angle. Also, the TV in the bedroom: We cannot get a straight answer whether it is hooked to the DVD player in the entertainment system. If not it would be pretty useless for us our antenna never gets stations around here and we don't camp where there is cable. Thanks for your input.
This model is very similar to ours; we have the 8293RKSS, which isn't the bunkhouse model with the slide. TV's and entertainment center should be the same. No, the TV in the entertainment center does not swivel. Don't know why you couldn't put a swivel in, however. The TV hangs in the space; it doesn't sit on a shelf. You can see it from the sofa, but I wish it would swivel as well. The TV in the bedroom is not hooked to the DVD player. You may be able to run a wire to the entertainment center, but be aware that if you go through the wall with the wire, you'll interfere with the pocket doors. We get awesome reception on all three TV's, even in the woods. Good luck with your purchase. we love our model and the outside kitchen rocks!!
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:51 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I believe you can use the antenna output from tv.
Take wire from antenna jack to your tv off then take your dvd output and hook it to antenna jack and leave powered antenna off. Then hook up tv in bedroom to antenna jack.
I did that in my old flagstaff and it worked
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
Site Team

learn, just some RV forum advice. "TV" is used for tow vehicle, while "tv" is used for television.
it helps with figuring out which one you're posting about.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:11 PM   #5

Oops!!
Old 11-02-2011, 09:55 PM   #6

We own an 8312ss and love it. To answer your question no the dvd is not hooked to the bedroom. And no the main tv does not swivel. What we did is purchased a dvd tv combo at walmart for cheap and put the cheap 21 inch from the bedroom into the bunkroom. Hope this helps.
thefeniuks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:32 AM   #7

ok, thanks for the info. Could you tell me if you can get into the kids bunk and the rest of the camper easliy with the slides in, for packing? Anything that you do not like? Do you have the electric awning, an do you like it. I have heard that you can adjust the pitch, and it has a rain dump feature?
Old 11-03-2011, 09:17 AM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

We love our electric awning!
After having a manual awning for ever I Was skeptical about an electric awning but I'm here to say 10 seconds out ten seconds in nuf said.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:54 PM   #9

We love the electric awning and yes it does have rain dump thought we have not had to use it yet. The awning is adjustable but we have never adjusted it from the factory setting. As far as loading with slides in, sadly given the size of the slides you can't get to the bunkhouse though you can get to the fridge. That is one drawback to the bigger slides but the trade off is the significant space you gain with the slides out.

All in all we love our Rockwood. The only thing we don't like is that the hot water tank switch inside the unit is only for the propane ignitor. If you want to use electric heat you have to turn it on at the tank itself.
thefeniuks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:20 PM   #10
Playtime III

Some youtube videos I've seen might answer your LCD viewing question.
800 wd/dual cam sc
Playtime III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:46 PM   #11

I do not have this model, but one similar in design. If you want to get a swivel for the tv it would have to be thin because with the main slide in there is little room to push the television out very much (maybe 3-4 inches). Take that into consideration. After 3 years we still have not broken down and gotten anything to swivel the tv, we figured just turn it off!

Texas not just a State, but a State of mind!
texasclarks4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:30 PM   #12

thefeniuks..... We use the circuit breaker to turn the water heater power on and off. On our trailer, it's the bottom breaker and is only used for the water heater.
We turn it on in the morning and heat the water while we have our coffee then turn it off until the evening. We've been using this method to heat water for showers and dishes for two years with no issues.
Try it... you'll like it.
Stevea1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:41 PM   #13

We have a 2012 8313ss which we just got last July. The set up for the tv looks the same and the 32" tv does have a swivel mount. Found out by accident when I was trying to see if I could put a swivel mount on. It doesn't swivel alot, but enough to make it better watching tv on the couch.
Thundershorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:26 PM   #14

It is very easy to install a switch inside. there are directions on the forum. I put a lighted switch in my 8313. sure makes it easier.
bill and theresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #15

i am glad to hear your tow vehicle is not in your bedroom ;-)

2005 Dodge Ram
2011 Rockwood 8281SS
Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote