Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2013, 11:42 PM   #1

Rockwood Ultra Light 2907SS

So the wife and I were at a Denver area dealer over the weekend to specifically check out the 25RS, which I absolutely love. My wife ran across a Ultra Lite 2907SS which she absolutely loves and I do happen to like as well, though I am partial to the 25RS. I picked up a printed brochure which shows the 2907SS. However, FR's website no longer shows that model, which leads me to ask, is this model being discontinued for 2014? We are unable to purchase for about a year, and am going to have to let my wife down if this model is indeed on the chopping block. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
FoCoNoCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #2

Don't know if it's discontinued but the 2608ss is done and replaced with the 2608ws which removes one night table and adds a wardrobe slide in the bed room.
Seems to be the only change. Don't give up hope and there are numbers posted around this site for forest river.
Dabmeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #3

Thank you for your insight. It appears that the 2907SS has been replaced by the 2909SS, which is fairly similar. We've actually decided to scale back our plans a bit and go a bit smaller with either the Rockwood Ultra lite 2702SS, Roo 25RS, or Roo 23RS. We are a family of 5 and will mostly camp weekends and maybe a week or two week trip once in a while
FoCoNoCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:38 PM   #4

Have fun and enjoy camping, we do 40 plus days every summer.
We just down sized from our 32 ft bunk model. The grand kids stay in their own trailer now so no need for the extra room.
We searched for two years for the right front kitchen model in the 2608ws.
Dabmeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:08 AM   #5

We ordered the 2909ss and can't wait for it to get here. We are a family of four but we like the fact it has four bunks in the bunkhouse incase the boys want to bring friends. Also like the extra awing and the outside kitchen. Take care and happy camping.
Restlesswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #6

We just purchased the 2909ss with the Emerald Package. Nice Trailer!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 07:34 AM   #7

Congrats!!! We are still waiting on ours. We got or Vin# about a week ago so hopefully we won't have to wait much longer. Happy camping!
Restlesswife is offline   Reply With Quote