Old 01-07-2011, 02:51 PM   #11

The fifth-wheel is in the shed with 2" to spare. Seems like a nice camper. Thanks again for your help on this forum. Larry.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:12 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan-traveler View Post
The fifth-wheel is in the shed with 2" to spare. Seems like a nice camper. Thanks again for your help on this forum. Larry.
Congrats on geting your new rig.
Now make sure everythings workand looks right. This is a good time to test all the appliances now and not wait until spring.
Did you know you can buy a second year warranty from Forest River for $150 ? This is 100% bumper to bumper excluding tires, brakes and things that you can wear out.

You need to decide within 10 days after purchasing your trailer.
Here is the form but you should call Forest River to double check the cost.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Blank_Form_NEW EXT WARR.pdf (767.5 KB, 17 views)

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:46 PM   #13

John, thanks for the information on the extended warranty. We did decide to extend it for the second year. The fifth wheel came in in very good condition except for where the TV lowers down below the countertop. That portion of the top on the TV was warped, however my dealer is getting a new one from FR and I told them that I would install it. We picked it up in a snow storm so I gave the outside a good cleaning to get the salt off. It fit in the shed well and I could open up all the slides and check things out. I painted a 3" yellow line on the floor and hung a flourescent strip light vertically directly above the yellow line which provided a great target for backing in. (Should have done that a few years ago). I now need to provide a depth indicator, but haven't figured that out yet. I am very pleased with our dealer as well as everything was explained well and they have been very helpful throughout the process. I believe I got a decent price as well. As you can tell so far I am pleased but we will not be able to try it out until at least June as I have some surgery and recovery time coming up soon. Thanks again for everyones help. Larry.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:02 AM   #14

Larry how about a pictures of your new baby.
Under the cover.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:54 PM   #15

We just picked up a very clean, seems to be flawless (hoping) 2012 Rockwood signature 8265WS. First time owners/RVers so any wisdom is welcome
Old 07-26-2014, 08:59 PM   #16

We are heading to Goshen in a few days and hope to see one first hand at the plant. We are concerned that from the sofa it might be a problem viewing the television. Any thoughts on this?

2016 Flagstaff 8528CKWSA
2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L

RalphieAdie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood