Old 03-04-2014, 02:49 PM   #11
Just a thought.

If the floor plan for that trailer has everything you want EXCEPT at least a single swivel rocker, why not consider buying that trailer AND a swivel rocker. Our V Lite came with two swivel rockers rather than the recliners, which we would have preferred, and they are small and don't take up a lot of room. It should be a fairly simple matter to figure out how to leash a single chair in place during travel, and while the Murphy bed is up, there is plenty of space for the chair, and when the bed is down and the kitchen counter extension is down, the chair could sit between the kitchen and dinette. Might be too big, but if there is still walk space between the bed and bath, it seems like it could work. It would be even easier if you got the table and chairs rather than the dinette, although you would lose a good amount of storage under the dinette seats. In any case, that IS a REALLY nice floor plan for two people...very close to ideal!

Gary & Constance; Scamp and Phoebe, Poochons

2012 V Lite 30WFKSS
2011 Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi
WWTTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:46 PM   #12
Wish there was one of those near us. We traded a 2003 2304S for a 2010 2304S with the Murphy bed and wouldn’t ever go back. The room of a 30 footer in a 23 foot package, U Bet.

2010 Rockwood 2304S
2008 Dodge RAM 2500
AlWaysSumptin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:52 PM   #13
We love our 2304s as well been perfect for us, we did notice that the emerald package with table and chairs instead of dinette you loose a lot of storage that we could not do without!
Pam & Don
2003 Ford Expedition EB
2011 Rockwood 2304s

108 days camped 2013
74 days camped 2014 so far
iluvlcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:59 PM   #14
Did you look the micro/mini lights by Flagstaff/Rockwood?
the 2502 has a nice layout although no swivel chairs
also it has two doors
But has a fantastic fan in the bathroom and a vent above the bed, large storage cabinet in the bathroom, couch (in the slide) and dinette.
The 2109 has a couch with a table you can put in front of it but yet a regular bed.
I think we are going with the 25DS (aka 2502) just to have a little more room but bumper to hitch is 25'8" (I think) with a 22 1/2 foot box. Under 5000 lbs
PTLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:48 PM   #15
Mod free 5er
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
The murphy bed is a problem because I have gut pains after supper.
Had them since I was a baby. This makes me want to lay down at
least some of the time after supper....
Throw the dinette cushions on the floor and lay on them.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:22 AM   #16
The FR/Rockwood website (that I see) doesn't even show the 2304S ... only the 2304 (without the slide). That can only mean that they don't have all their models listed ........ so a phone call to FR/Rockwood might be in order to ask if they make what you want. The website shows the murphy bed on the 2304 as an option. I would bet it is an option on the slide model, too.

I love the idea of the murphy bed and the extra seating during the day. We almost went this way, but ... and it is a BIG but to me ... with it you lose the large pass-thru storage. There is NEVER enough storage on an RV to begin with. I've decided that if there is ever another TT in my future, I'll just have to bite the bullet and go larger .... which means getting a pickup, also.

I've been casually looking at used pickups and, if you can be patient, you can run into a good deal on a fairly recent, well maintained rig ... eventually.
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:03 PM   #17
If you go to the Rockwood Ultra Lite page you will find the 2304S specs.
The 2304 without the slide is in the mini section.

Bloomington MN
Rockwood 2304S
TV is a 2014 F150 5.0 V8 with Equal-i-zer
jwuertz is offline   Reply With Quote

2304, rockwood, ultralite