Old 06-26-2015, 12:25 PM   #11

We have a 2012 Rockwood 2604 and love it. We initially had a bad carbon monoxide detector which was replaced by our dealer. Can't really pin that on Rockwood. I say go for it!

Kris10May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:52 PM   #12
Windjammer 3029
Get the vent fans. We wish we had one in the bedroom.
Windjammer 3029

amforelectronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 01:10 PM   #13
We have a 2703WS 2015 and have had it from Ohio to Yellowstone. Have had no issues to speak of. While in Wyoming in higher winds I did fill the fresh water tank to give the trailer a little more weight down low. We like the ability to be able to get to the bed and restroom with having to bump anything out, makes it so we can do an sleep over in the rest areas with no issues. Love the electric stabilizers no more cranking or carrying a drill and charger.
droilerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 05:34 PM   #14
We picked up our 2016 2604WS May 1st., 2013 cruiser had so many quality issues after only 1248 miles we cancelled the extended warranty and started the search again. 2604 seemed perfect. We looked at both freestanding table and built in dinette and picked built in only because it offers inside & outside storage to help with lack of a pantry cabinet. After loading, either would work well for us, but I do like extra outside access storage for setup gear. Now being paranoid I kept a close eye on EVERYTHING for the first few weeks, checking after every thunderstorm and cold snap and camping trip for anything. So far it has been everything we hoped for.
Sandy, Lynne & Libby

sandyd31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 06:23 PM   #15
Own 2015 2608 ws Rockwood

Took delivery beginning of April and have camped most weekends since . Only had one minor problem that I easily fixed, factory overtightened a bolt to frame that supported the battery ground wire and batteries lost their ground . Layout for us is great [ married couple ] , the wardrobe slide in the bedroom is super and space in living area is great , ours has a front kitchen that is very functional . Unit seems to be well constructed , better than most we looked at and we checked em all out prior to purchase. This floorplan is just right for us. I really like the roof construction as it is 4 inches thick and is foam with alum structure and I can walk on the roof with no problem, could not on my old one. We are a couple that does a lot of dry camping and a larger fresh water tank would have been nice, our old one was 50 gallons this one is 36 , we just carry a water jug and add some fresh if needed on longer than 2 day weekends. Larry
pennred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:03 PM   #16
We owned a 2012 Rockwood 2604 and loved the layout. Took that trailer to 12 or 13 states, east as far as Virginia and Marlyand, west as far as Nevada and Arizona. Had relatively few problems with it, and our dealer took care of them immediately...all minor issues.

We traded it for the Windjammer 3008W that we own now, only because we wanted a little more room, but the 2604 was / is a great trailer with a very nice layout and plenty of room.

We did buy the counter-top extension, but found out we didn't use it nearly as much as we thought we would. Were I to do it again, I think I would skip that option.

Good luck with your decision.
Mike and Yvonne
and Sophie, the little white dog
2017 Columbus 320RSC
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:32 PM   #17
We own a 2011 rockwood 2604. Last year I did a 32 day trip with the hubby and dog. We drove through 30 states and 16000 kms. I can honestly say we wanted for nothing. The layout makes for a convenient lifestyle on the road. The kitchen layout allows for me to wash on one side of the counter and my hubby can dry and put away from the other side so we don't get in each others way. He is 6'4" and I am 5' 10" and we did not find the bed too short or uncomfortable. There is good distance around the bed to get up for the bathroom and not disturb the other person. We like the idea that when we do have our adult kids camp with us there is a bathroom between us and not just a curtain. You are able to exit the trailer without disturbing anyone on the hideabed. It is a bit cramped dressing in the bedroom but the solution to that is to dress in the bathroom where there is plenty of room. The light from the skylight helps when putting on makeup. We were able to pull over and prepare meals without putting out the slide. We did however remove one chair for the trip. It really wasn't necessary with just the 2 of us. We spent one year finding the trailer we thought would be right for us and this one totally fills the bill.
coastal camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:42 PM   #18
We have a 2013, 8315 BSS, Super Ultra Lite, and are very pleased with it. We've been trailering since 1970, Holiday Rambler, Stury, Terry, Dutchman, Sunnybrook and now a Rockwood. We have had no issues at all with it. We make numerous weekend trips each year with our Good Sam Club, plus extended trips to Rallies and Festivals. We would definitely buy one again.
tomrob1161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 11:15 PM   #19
Send a message via Yahoo to Maron
We picked our 8329ss up in January 2014 and loved it so much we have now gone fulltime. Yes we had some initial minor problems (that were taken care of) but at this price point imagine what you would get in a home.
In the last 1 1/2 years we have lived in it 12 of the last 18 months and weekly I ask my wife if she is ready to move back in a home and her answer is a consistent "no" !
Maron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 11:56 PM   #20
BamaGanza FROG Promoter
My .02’ - YMMV...

Skip the TT and get the 5th Wheel version (sez the guy who owned a TT for 5 years prior to the 5er )

The 5er just pulls better, is more stable, has more room and is just a all-around better RV. The difference in on-the-road experience pays off in spades at the campground in the evening!

Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote

quality, rockwood, ultralite