Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2015, 11:12 AM   #21
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

We have been traveling for 2 years in our 2604WS and love it. Good couple's trailer. We haven't had a single issue with this trailer that was a result of Forest River's build quality.
I second the recommendation to get factory installed fans in the vents as well as vent covers. We opted for one in the living area in addition to the bathroom vent fan (which is standard).
I strongly advise you to select the dinette option. This will give you a drawer at floor level. We use it to hold heavy pantry items. It also adds a pass-through storage compartment in the forward seat, accessed by a door inside and out. Both areas are accessed by lifting up the seat cushions, too.
Because the bath is amidships and extends the width of the trailer, you have no wasted space that a hallway would take up. The linen storage is more than ample.
We put hanging shelves in the bedside wardrobe for my folding duds. My hanging stuff is in my half of the wardrobe. You'll love the blanket storage under the bed and the three drawers under that my wife uses for her folding clothes.
This trailer lives large for its relative short length. We haven't seen another that has made us regret our decision.
To see pics of the 2604WS in action and the mods we have made go here: Rocky Mods - Year 1 by awellis3 | Photobucket
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 04:46 PM   #22

Rockwood Ultralite Quality

We got our 2015 Rockwood 8280ws in January and have been on about 10 trips for a total of about 1500 miles and 35 nights. So far I can not complain. We have had her back to the dealer for some minor fixes, but nothing that I could have taken care of. We are hoping for many more years of fun in the Florida sun.

Rich Kanehl
The Villages Fl.- near Ocala
2012 Titan with tow package
RKanehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 04:56 PM   #23

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Had a 2703 SS first year, some issues, looked after by dealer and Rockwood. Traded for a 8289 Fifth Wheel. Great fiver, had some work done at Goshen but nothing major. I wish they made one slightly longer.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:16 AM   #24

We looked at the Rockwood 2604WS and the 2703WS and went back and forth for months trying to decide which one we wanted, we loved them both. In the end, the opposing slides and generous counter space on the 2703 won out. Picked up our new 2703 about 2 weeks ago and we are living in it full time. So far zero issues, everything has worked fine. The quality is very good and the interior is especially upscale for a TT. I have owned RV's for the last 40 years of my life and this one is the best so far hands down.
Old 07-15-2015, 04:09 PM   #25

We have had our 2016 2604ws for 30 days and have water getting into the large slide while it is closed. We bought at RVW and drove to Colorado in hard rains for 2 days. Every time we stopped for the night and opened the slide we had a floor covered in water. RVW service department tried to get service under warranty but could not secure an appointment before late August or early Sept. in Colorado...Be careful dealing out of state and expecting to get any Forest River product serviced in a timely manner or at all near your home.We are out of the camping scene for the rest of the summer if we can't get service on our own.
maytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 07:36 PM   #26

We had a rockwood TT with no problems and upgraded to a 8280ws and we love it on our third trip of the year and the only problem is the radio will not go lower than 5 on the volume . The dealer has the new one and will install it when we get back . I would recommendations FR product to anyone .
Old 07-17-2015, 04:14 AM   #27
Just a member

OP checked out?

kandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 12:36 PM   #28

We have a 2016 29044ws, not impressed with the workmanship. Nothing strutral just little minor things. Not happy with the way they hung the blinds. They are not straight. And of course if you try to fix them then you have holes in the wall. Just several little things.
Ms G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:17 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytom View Post
We have had our 2016 2604ws for 30 days and have water getting into the large slide while it is closed. We bought at RVW and drove to Colorado in hard rains for 2 days. Every time we stopped for the night and opened the slide we had a floor covered in water. RVW service department tried to get service under warranty but could not secure an appointment before late August or early Sept. in Colorado...Be careful dealing out of state and expecting to get any Forest River product serviced in a timely manner or at all near your home.We are out of the camping scene for the rest of the summer if we can't get service on our own.
I had a water leak and in Florida at the time, I called FR they set up a dealer for me to stop at on my route, and took care of me as soon as we pulled in. I didn't call my dealer I called FR and they went over backwards to make sure we weren't inconvenienced. Parts were waiting for me at the dealer over night. I can't say enough with my luck with FR..When your on the road they will do all that is possible to make sure you okay....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 05:53 PM   #30
Vietnam Veteran

Picking up our 2015 2604ws on Friday 7/31. Fun fun
Littlebear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality, rockwood, ultralite