Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2015, 06:48 AM   #21
MCTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark and Kelly View Post
We just bought the same model as you. Just wondering why you don't believe you could not full time in it. Size? Lightweight? Just curious.... Thanks
Not sure which reply you were referring too, but we plan to go full time in the Windjammer, but I have a few more years to work unfortunately.
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 01:17 PM   #22
RV Buff

I own a Rockwood 2304S Emerald edition after researching RVs under 25' with the highest quality and features I wanted for nearly 2 years. No one else came close in value. Nothing is perfect and we had some quality issues but got them all resolved under warranty and now it's all good. I think you'll be satisfied with your decision.
RV Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 11:39 PM   #23

We should not expect problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandJ View Post
Things can and will go wrong as they rumble down the road. Sometimes I think folks have unreasonable expectations on the “robustness” of the systems and the maintenance they may require. Rockwood seems to be a decently built coach, but when you think about all you get for the dollars, they really are quite a bargain, IMO. I have no delusions that a certain amount of "cost cutting" workmanship takes place from time to time as they try to keep up production at the factory. Imagine how much it would cost to source and build a similar coach while also paying someone a livable hourly rate. My trailer company would need to charge much more per unit.

Forums are naturally a place for people to come and complain… the thousands of happy owners that never frequent the forum will never be heard from, and they are the vast majority.
I am blown away by the comments above! We should not expect nor should there be the expectation that because we take these units over the road, there will be problems. 30+ items on a new trailer to be fixed that have taken 3 trips to the dealer to repair, some items, multiple times, should not be expected. An electric slide that has failed three times on a $60K 5th wheel is not to "be expected". To use the example of what a person would pay to build his own is ludicrous analogy. Sure many RV'S are working fine (and therefore their owners are not complaining) again is stupid also. These owners should expect nothing less, that is what they paid for after they did their "due diligence"! Quality is extremely important and cannot be added at the end of the line with a PDI (pre delivery inspection), we also need some Forest River Engineers to live in the units they design, then we'd see more practicall applications and efficient designs especially in storage areas. Sorry for this rant, but folks who consider their RV'S as fix it up hobby projects and DIY home repair shops frustrate those of us that need a reliable home away from home where we can travel and enjoy God's creations!
numbersman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 04:21 AM   #24

Valid points, numbersman.

I have a 2015 MicroLite ('sister' brand to Mini Lite) 25KS, which has been great so far. That being said, it's stored indoors at a storage facility and only towed a few miles to a CG. Pretty sure that helps!!

I think good dealer prep helps as well.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:40 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbersman View Post
I am blown away by the comments above! We should not expect nor should there be the expectation that because we take these units over the road, there will be problems. 30+ items on a new trailer to be fixed that have taken 3 trips to the dealer to repair, some items, multiple times, should not be expected. An electric slide that has failed three times on a $60K 5th wheel is not to "be expected". To use the example of what a person would pay to build his own is ludicrous analogy. Sure many RV'S are working fine (and therefore their owners are not complaining) again is stupid also. These owners should expect nothing less, that is what they paid for after they did their "due diligence"! Quality is extremely important and cannot be added at the end of the line with a PDI (pre delivery inspection), we also need some Forest River Engineers to live in the units they design, then we'd see more practicall applications and efficient designs especially in storage areas. Sorry for this rant, but folks who consider their RV'S as fix it up hobby projects and DIY home repair shops frustrate those of us that need a reliable home away from home where we can travel and enjoy God's creations!

Obviously you are taking this to an absolute extreme.... most people are not experiencing the types of problems you are talking about. Slide out failures and the like should not happen, I agree. My point is, don't sweat the small stuff.... it's part of the game, IMO.

BTW, calling people "stupid" on the Internet is indicative of something.... can't quite put my finger on it, though.
2016 - 47 nights
2017 - 47 nights
LandJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 06:23 AM   #26

I'm thinking all these RVs have some types of issue irrespective of brand. This is my 5th ( 3rd TT). It seem though that once the "bugs" are out of it from new, they are ok as long as you do the yearly maintenance and inspection in the spring. You hear a lot of complaints on the blogs, but, compared to the overall number of units sold, I bet the % is minor. I'm sure there is an exception to the rule. I've had it in cars, trucks and a hybrid TT before. You have to know when to cut your losses and move on.
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:42 AM   #27

We had a Rockwood TT for a year and a half and liked the quality so much that we upgraded to a Rockwood 8280 5 er and we love it . The floor plan is what we were looking for and it is 1/2 ton towable .other than the radio would not go to a low volume , which is not a FR problem which the dealer replaced it we have been trouble free .

Tags
quality, rockwood, warranty