Old 02-20-2011, 11:14 PM   #1

Rockwood Warranty

I am picking up a new Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 in March. I know they have a one year warranty and a two year opt warrenty. I read somewhere on the forum that FR is giving a two year warranty now. Does anybody know if this is true or not?

Old 02-20-2011, 11:26 PM   #2

I got the second year free. I bought in Dec 10.

Old 02-21-2011, 06:54 AM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
2 ND year warranty.

I posted that I received a second year warranty free. But I went back and re-read the warranty from RVWholesalers. The 2 nd year was from RVW not Forest River ! And it covered very little. The Forest River warranty for $150.00 covers almost everything that is on/connected to, installed in the RV.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf warranty_addon.pdf (843.7 KB, 103 views)
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2017 66 DAYS
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:29 PM   #4

We have a 2604 on order (dec20100) from rvw and our contract clearly states 2nd year manufaturers warranty included for free.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:24 AM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Warranty 2nd Year.

Paul,
I am on the road and away from home, I do have to warranty supplied by
RVW for the 2ND year warranty. It is mostly what already has a 2 year MFG's warranty. But again does not cover anywhere near what Forest River's 2nd year warranty for $150.00. If I was at home (FLORIDA) I would
post a copy of the RVW's 2nd year warranty as I have it. My contract also said that RVW would supply a 2nd year warranty. And it is BY RVW.
I will be back in Florida next Monday, at that time I will scan and post for all to see. I am by no means trying to cut RVW short, I have been treated very well by the company and staff of RVWholesalers, Inc. I have also been in phone conversation with Forest River's warranty department about the 2nd year warranty by FR. It is well worth $150.00 for all it covers. They told me if any thing major was to happen, it would be within the first 24 months of use, was quoted by head of FR warranty dept. He stated, "FROM
EXSPERIENCE" we know from the thousands we build. I was told by FR, that every RV sent out to the dealers has a "PAPER PACKAGE" supplied with the FR 2nd year warranty included in the package to be transferred to the buyer. FR stated, they do not know why the info about the warranty is being removed.

I just sent a check to FR last Monday (2-21-2011) after talking to Doug Fought in the warranty department at FR.

Good Luck
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2017 66 DAYS
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:52 PM   #6

I e-mailed RVW this morning and they assurred me the 2 nd year is from Forest River. They included a copy of the warranty document which is identical to the attachement you posted.We'll see what happens but it looks o.k.