Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2012, 03:12 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurev
We have the 2102W windjammer and it looks to us like there is missing trim on the left side of the bathroom sink counter. I have posted pictures to show the area in question. Forestriver states that they do not put trim there but the right side has trim, it makes no sense to us. Could I ask my fellow 2102W owners to check their counters and confirm that they have no trim as well on the left side of the bathroom sink counter?
We have a 2011 2102w with all the trim. We got ours from a dealer in MN. The only thing wrong was the skirt on the slideout had a tear. Since we purchased at the end of Oct we winterized & they will fix it this spring! Can not wait to go camping!!!

2012 30, 2013 25, 2014 29, 2015 37
hockey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:59 AM   #22

Hi Hockey11,
You will love the 2102W. The dealer warned us to check the slide for sticks or small tree branches on the top before closing as it could tear the slide seal. We carry a broom and ladder now as part of our regular camp gear. Seems like a no brainer now, but for a first time slide out owner, a good tip. Couldn't wait till spring to break in our new rig, so we pulled it to Borrego Springs, CA over the holidays and dry camped for nine days (decided not to unwinterize for such a short trip). Plugged in a fireplace dvd and hung up a couple of Christmas stockings. Santa was very kind...
Scott
2010 Co-motion Tandem
Utah Jammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:10 AM   #23

Hockey11,
Our skirt was torn as well. I think it gets caught in the bars that are on the sides of the couch when folding the couch back over. We had it repaired by an upholsterer. Simple fix really. Utah, good advice about the sweeping the slideout off before closing. An update on the trim in the bathroom. We looked at another 2012 unit and it too has no trim on the left side of the sink. Go figure!
Yurev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:46 AM   #24

Bathroom trim

Just stumbled onto this forum, and already found it helpful. We purchased a 2010 Windjammer 2102W during the Winter of 2009/2010. Hadn't heard anything about cleaning the top of the rear slide before retracting it! Thanks for the tip.
Bathroom counter trim.... we purchased our trailer in Northern California and it has a one-piece plastic trim on the left, back and right walls. If you do not have the trim in your rig, it would be very easy to install.
We have been on a few trips, mostly to the Monterey Bay area on the Central California Coast to attend the AT&T ProAm, enjoy the sights and food. We have only had one pesky problem. The trailer is equipped with a propane/CO2 detector, and it is super sensitive! Using hair spray will set it off! And the beeping sound is ear-splitting! Other than that, the trailer is exceptional.
This is our third trailer (started with a pop-up tent trailer in the late-70's and graduated to a 23' Cross Bunk floor plan in 1986 for the kids as they grew up) and find the Windjammer perfect for our needs. These newer units are lighter and better designed than ever. With all the features in this unit, it doesn't really qualify as "camping" when we go "camping."
Old 02-05-2013, 08:41 AM   #25

Hi Ed,
Welcome to the forum. This is our third trailer too and agreed the 2102W is a great rig. Love the king bed slide out and large bathroom in the front v nose. We were camped near St. George, Utah at Snow Canyon State Park for the Huntsman World Senior Games last October. Needed to be up before sunrise for a race. Snow Canyon is a beautiful red rock state park, but the electric campsites are a little close to each other. While trying to be super quite, I set off the ear drum piercing smoke alarm cooking a high protein breakfast. It seemed to take forever to get the alarm unconnected and the 9v out. Lesson learned...
2010 Co-motion Tandem
Old 03-02-2013, 05:36 PM   #26

Slideout cable unraveled

Hi Scott,

Finally purchased a 2006 Dodge 5.9L diesel spring 2012. Took a trip to Oregon in September pulling the Windjammer and averaged 16.8 mpg. This truck is really the way to go compared with the Hemi 5.7L getting 10mpg.

Had one problem last Sept. with one of the slideout cables unraveling. Just one strand of the cable broke. I had to unravel it all the way and cut it off so it would not jam up into the pulleys. The slide still worked but I was biting my nails everytime we opened or closed it. Forestriver sent me a new cable and I had it replaced for about $200.

Hope all is well with you and Marley. We will not make the Skinny Tire this year but are headed to Solvang, Ca for a week of riding. Great roads and weather (usually) there.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #27

Hi Yurev,
Congrats on the diesel. We are very happy with ours, but still annoyed by the price of diesel. Cable unravel? Shouldn't that have been covered under the warranty? Something I will remember to routinely inspect. We are headed to Moab this Friday for the Skinny Tire Festival. Plan to tandem bicycle 160 plus miles. Wish you could join us. March of 2014? I just built a website for tandems. Very scarce on content right now, but will post cycling pictures from Moab. Home - Tandemfolk Still a lot of snow on the ground in Northern Utah and dang cold. Looking forward to not wearing wool socks soon.
Be well
Scott and Marly
2010 Co-motion Tandem
Old 03-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #28

Yes, it was covered under warranty. Have fun in Moab and I will look for pics on your website!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1700.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	24983   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1699.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	24984  
Old 01-20-2014, 10:58 PM   #29

I know this is an older posting , but I'm curious if any of you have replaced the onboard water filter cartridge. I'm looking to get what I need for the 2014 camping season, and it's on my list. I believe the original unit was a WaterPur cartridge. Can you get them at lowes or Home Depot?
NHFire 152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:13 AM   #30

Filter Replacement

Hi NHFire 152,
I used to use a charcoal filter by GE Part Number FXWTC rev.2. Unfortunately, I had one fail and release charcoal into the water system and clog the sink screens. I now use a paper household sediment filter by GE Part Number FXWPC. It works fine. Both are available at Home Depot or Lowes.
Good luck!
2010 Co-motion Tandem
Old 04-30-2014, 09:20 PM   #31

How often do you need to replace the water filters? We are owing on our 2nd summer!

Old 04-30-2014, 10:15 PM   #32

Water Filters

Hockey 11,
Water filters are cheap. A 2 pack is about $10. I put in a new filter each season. Not easy to replace on the 2012w, but worth the effort IMHO.
Scott
2010 Co-motion Tandem
Old 04-30-2014, 10:41 PM   #33

How do you get in the rear storage area to replace the water filter?

Old 05-01-2014, 10:34 AM   #34

We squeeze through the inside door. It is a tight fit but we get it done!

Old 05-01-2014, 12:39 PM   #35

Water Filters

Yep, you have to squeeze through the cabinet door under the bed and remove the right panel to the water pump/heater area. The filter is attached to the back wall. I'm not a small guy and changing the filter is a pain. I have cuss words with the engineer that designed this filter location every time I change the filter. I hope he/she can hear me!

This is the only thing I don't like about this rig. Otherwise 99.9 percent satisfied.
Cheers!
2010 Co-motion Tandem
Old 05-03-2014, 08:47 AM   #36

I put a new filter in each spring when I changer over from winterize to ready to go since I am in that area doing the waterheater bypass.
After three years and many many miles we still love our little Jammer.
pnwbrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 04:27 PM   #37

Was finally able to get a second rail for the passenger side and the 2-sided support for the foot of the bed. A whole lot more confident that the slide-out won't get ripped out of the back wall extended or retracted on our new-to-us first model year 2102W (later models had support on both sides of the trailer). Still having a bugger of a time tracking down instructions for the first model year's slide-out cable adjustments. Next couple years I plan to upgrade a couple things and do a little better insulation/vermin-proofing of the belly.

(A nod to this being an old thread, but the 2102W is an old model trailer)
Fogtripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 06:41 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogtripper View Post
Was finally able to get a second rail for the passenger side and the 2-sided support for the foot of the bed. A whole lot more confident that the slide-out won't get ripped out of the back wall extended or retracted on our new-to-us first model year 2102W (later models had support on both sides of the trailer). Still having a bugger of a time tracking down instructions for the first model year's slide-out cable adjustments. Next couple years I plan to upgrade a couple things and do a little better insulation/vermin-proofing of the belly.

(A nod to this being an old thread, but the 2102W is an old model trailer)
Hey FrogTripper where did you get the other rail? Our 2010 2102W when we retract the slideout inside droops on the passenger side of the trailer. It has started the frame it looks like to start cracking, hoping it is just from the cables being mis adjusted. Which I do have the pics of them and even after watching multiple videos still clueless so it is going to Princess Craft near Austin.

We have had our Hot water heater replaced with a Instantaneous Hot Water heater so do not have to worry about limited hot water. We added a second battery to be able to run our remote control so can drive the RV into a parking spot or up to the vehicle. Insulated the underside and added better underpanel panels. Replaced the toilet with a Composting toilet. Replaced the AC with a Heat pump AC which continued to work in Durango, CO down in the teens. Added a 45" led TV with mounting brakets. Changed the table to a wall mounting table for a little higher and more stable table, for my 6'1" husband. So everything we did except the hot water heater since only they would authorize it.
Atx diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 10:05 PM   #39
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atx diablo View Post
Hey FrogTripper where did you get the other rail? Our 2010 2102W when we retract the slideout inside droops on the passenger side of the trailer. It has started the frame it looks like to start cracking, hoping it is just from the cables being mis adjusted. Which I do have the pics of them and even after watching multiple videos still clueless so it is going to Princess Craft near Austin.

We have had our Hot water heater replaced with a Instantaneous Hot Water heater so do not have to worry about limited hot water. We added a second battery to be able to run our remote control so can drive the RV into a parking spot or up to the vehicle. Insulated the underside and added better underpanel panels. Replaced the toilet with a Composting toilet. Replaced the AC with a Heat pump AC which continued to work in Durango, CO down in the teens. Added a 45" led TV with mounting brakets. Changed the table to a wall mounting table for a little higher and more stable table, for my 6'1" husband. So everything we did except the hot water heater since only they would authorize it.
Frogtripper hasn't posted in 3 years and this thread is 3 years old. You might be better off by sending them a PM.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 10:43 PM   #40

Knew that when I posted. But people still do own these. Plus figured it would notify him of my post since I quoted him. Just like I was notified of your post. So unless he doesn't use that email. Or is just too busy. Which then it wouldn't matter if I had pm'd directly. But maybe someone else familiar with these rigs would know. Hence why I posted on it.
Atx diablo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags