Old 05-16-2014, 07:27 PM   #11

Mike I was curious. What additional advantages did you see?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forest River Forums mobile app

Old 05-16-2014, 08:27 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OswegoLion View Post
Mike I was curious. What additional advantages did you see?

Oswego, in addition to the bathroom issue mentioned earlier, some of the other advantages for us and our 8329 included (a) with two awnings we can almost always find some shade to sit under, no matter where the sun may be positioned; (b) the 8329 has a larger bedroom wardrobe than did the 3025 we looked at; (c) we like the 8329's mid-trailer entrance at the hallway, where we or the grandkids can go inside to the kitchen or to use the bathroom, without tracking dirt or sand through the living room or other carpeted areas; and (d) as Mark mentioned earlier, watching tv from any seat in the living room works great. All-in-all, the 8329 seemed to fit with what we wanted in our travel trailer. Hope this brief summary helps you; but then again, these were the features we most wanted and found in the 8329. In any event, best wishes to you for success with your new camper - whichever model you choose!

Mike

Old 05-16-2014, 09:22 PM   #13
Citrus County, Fl.

Not sure if the fireplace can be added easily but after seeing some of the handy work on here I am sure it could be done. Advantage is not having to use your propane ŗs much of you are in a campground. As for the tv for the bedroom you can buy one cheaper at Wal Mart. You would need țo install the mount but all the hook ups are there.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 08:10 PM   #14

Fireplace

Thanks I will check on the addition of a fireplace at the dealership. I do not want to special order. It would take too long to get delivery.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:23 PM   #15
Retired Trucker/43 years

Slap my hand if needed, not sure dealer mentions are allowed. Arborgast has a 3025 in stock, they seem to move a lot of them ....

2014 Forest River Rockwood Windjammer 3025W Travel Trailer Troy, OH Arbogast RVs
Old 05-20-2014, 08:03 AM   #16

How does the 8329 handle as far as towing and backing into a site? It seems like a lengthy unit at 34' +.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:20 AM   #17

One thing that may be something to think about on the Windjammer... On my 8327SS I have the kitchen slide on the awning side. I never thought about it until I went to use it: the fact that you cannot drop the awning to provide more shade due to the slide being there. The awning will lay and rub on the top of the slideout, and that worries me about stretching and rips. I have two awnings so its not as big a deal, but something to think about...

2013 GMC Savana 2500 FBI Edition
2015 Rockwood 8327SS stuffed with 5 kids!

SE Michigan
Nights camped 2014: 48
BiigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:58 AM   #18

I also see on the (2015-Jammer) that they placed the ball coupler on top of the A-frame unlike the older Jammers. It also looks like they changed the axle angle for more clearance in the wheel wells. I know over the years they have had (Many) different combos of (Spacer Lift Kits) because of Tire Rub. This was from the Info of your posted (3025W). Youroo!!
Old 05-20-2014, 09:16 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OswegoLion View Post
How does the 8329 handle as far as towing and backing into a site? It seems like a lengthy unit at 34' +.
In my experience with the 8329, it tows very easy - actually easier than the lighter weight 32' Rockwood TT which I towed prior to getting the 8329. The 8329 also tracks very well with the TV around turns. I use an Equal-i-zer 4 point WD hitch, and honestly, there is little-to-no momentary sway when the semis pass me on the highway. As far as backing into a campsite, the first couple of times I had to remind myself that the 8329 is almost 3' longer than my previous TT, so I needed to drive slightly farther past the site before beginning the back-in process. Thereafter, backing into a campsite became routine once again.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:41 AM   #20

Thanks Mike. My last experience was my boat trailer about 25 years ago. So after I pick up the 8329. I will hit the parking lots for practice. Not too many pull thrus out there.