Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #1

Question Rockwood Windjammer 3025W Carpet

We are in the process of wanting to purchase this unit. However, we have been to a couple of RV shows in the last couple of months and we have noticed that the carpet between the island and the kitchen slideout has a memory and once the slideout is all the way open the carpet buckles. It does not lay flat. Has anyone had problems with this?
kmaesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Welcome to the forum !

In my opinion the carpet they put in the units is of low quality .

Some pull it up and install laminate.

Good luck in your search !

TURBS
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:46 PM   #3

Replacing carpet

f1100turbo,

My question was asking if anyone has had this problem and if they know if the factory has said anything about it. I do not want to replace the carpet. This travel trailer is of higher quality than most and the answer to me is not to put in a piece of laminate that will not match. I am trying to see if the problem has been resolved so we can order one and not have this problem.
Thanks for your input.
kmaesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:48 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmaesmama View Post
f1100turbo,

My question was asking if anyone has had this problem and if they know if the factory has said anything about it. I do not want to replace the carpet. This travel trailer is of higher quality than most and the answer to me is not to put in a piece of laminate that will not match. I am trying to see if the problem has been resolved so we can order one and not have this problem.
Thanks for your input.
Sorry I can't help ya there.
Hopefully someone can help you .

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:27 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

The problem you mention I've seen on many campers with opposing slides and a center island. The slide is tight to the island when retracted and that bunches up the carpet apron in front of the slide.

I'm not sure what the solution is other than manually reversing the bend in the carpet apron trying to flatten it out.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:04 AM   #6

carpet buckling

we just took delivery of a 3025w. i did some measuring and can tell you this. with the slide out, the distance from the edge of the carpet to the island is 23" . the slide travels about 23.5" so there is an interference of .5". however in our case when the slide goes out the carpet lays flat. hope this helps.
my2corgis is offline   Reply With Quote