Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #1
Owner/Operator

Question Rockwood Window Options

We are ordering a Rockwood 8289WS, and have a question regarding the Window Options.

We have selected the Diamond Package, which includes the "Tinted Bonded Frameless Windows". We can see this type window on some of the Diamond Package optioned RVs that we've looked at.

On of the wife's concerns, her being a fresh air fan, is that there are few window openings.

In the Rockwood brochure (Page 15) there is an option "Atrium Slide Windows (Super Slides)".

Does anyone have this option on their RV, and can they (or anyone) explain exactly what the option entails/includes?

Thanks for any help.

RodeoGeorge
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:45 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Here's a link to a 8289WS Diamond Pkg at Petrosky RV that has the atrium window option... New 2013 Forest River RV Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8289WS Fifth Wheels at Petoskey RV USA Petoskey Michigan Petoskey RV USA

The atrium windows are large, almost floor to ceiling in the dinette. I looked but didn't see any 8289WS without the atrium windows...perhaps that's std with this floorplan.

This link is to a 8280WS without the atrium window option for comparison... New 2013 Forest River RV Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280WS Fifth Wheels at Petoskey RV USA Petoskey Michigan Petoskey RV USA

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:48 PM   #3

We just ordered a new Rockwood Windjammer with the Atrium Window option. Basically, they are floor-to-ceiling windows in the dining area - available, I believe, only with the option for free-standing dining room table and chairs, not with the standard dinette. These windows do not open, but they ARE great as far as letting in a lot of light. We did not get the bonded frameless windows. Nice looking, but not something we felt strongly about, as we did about the atrium windows in the slide.

Mike
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:59 PM   #4
Owner/Operator

Thank you guys for the replies and information. I checked out the links, and also did some more searching, and realize what you are saying that there are no openings in the atrium windows. It merely means that they are windows that go just about to the floor.

I does/will make a big difference in the appearance and lighting in the RV.

With the two air conditioners, and the optional ceiling fan, the wife will have to be satisfied. LOL And if/when she complains, I'll be sure to get the last word. "Yes Dear!"

Again thanks

RodeoGeorge
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:25 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa3pnt View Post
I checked out the links, and also did some more searching, and realize what you are saying that there are no openings in the atrium windows. It merely means that they are windows that go just about to the floor.
If you look at one of the interior shots, image 8 of 17 on the 8289WS link, it looks like 2 of the 3 atrium windows open.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:54 AM   #6

Quote:
We are ordering a Rockwood 8289WS, and have a question regarding the Window Options.

We have selected the Diamond Package, which includes the "Tinted Bonded Frameless Windows". We can see this type window on some of the Diamond Package optioned RVs that we've looked at.

On of the wife's concerns, her being a fresh air fan, is that there are few window openings.

In the Rockwood brochure (Page 15) there is an option "Atrium Slide Windows (Super Slides)".

Does anyone have this option on their RV, and can they (or anyone) explain exactly what the option entails/includes?

Thanks for any help.

RodeoGeorge
I have a 8289WS 2012 but not the Diamond Package, We have 3 windows Atrium style. All 3 of my windows open with screens. We get plenty of fresh air. The window is 4' high and the screened area is 24" high. Hope that helps. We love our unit....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:04 AM   #7

Quote:
Thank you guys for the replies and information. I checked out the links, and also did some more searching, and realize what you are saying that there are no openings in the atrium windows. It merely means that they are windows that go just about to the floor.

I does/will make a big difference in the appearance and lighting in the RV.

With the two air conditioners, and the optional ceiling fan, the wife will have to be satisfied. LOL And if/when she complains, I'll be sure to get the last word. "Yes Dear!"

Again thanks

RodeoGeorge
I would think with the (Wall of Windows) slide these models would be standard with (2-A/C & 50 AMP). Lots of (Sun) heat thru the A windows. Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #8

we have the same model w/ atrium windows two of the three do open at the bottom , we really like ours
CBruton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #9

Shopping for Wildcat Maxx 313RE found out the single-pane vs double-pane makes a big difference how big the opening will be. In the single-pane version the whole bottom 1/3 or so slides up, in the Dbbl-pane only a small corner slides over. We opted for the larger opening, cost and weight.

Nev
NevadaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #10

I have the 8289 diamond package and I do believe the lower protion of two of the atrium windows do open, the lower portion of the big back window opens and the lower portion of the window over the couch opens. With the door open and the 12v fan there is quite a bit of air movement. It's not as good as the tent trailer I had some 25 years ago but a little more comfort.

Jim
jeepman71 is offline   Reply With Quote