Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2014, 09:35 PM   #1

Roo19 furnace

Brand new 2014 Rockwood Roo 19, third use this past weekend. The furnace did NOt work and it was 38 degrees! All trouble shooting was completed, all breakers in place, all fuses working, gas to oven and stove...Not even a clicking sound from the furnace! Extremely frustrated.
Friend checked the electric flow, all was good. The furnace just wasn't any good...not even a fan sound.
MuskyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:45 AM   #2

Maybe it's wired to the thermostat incorrectly?
Old 09-18-2014, 06:57 AM   #3

Mine did that too and it ended up being a bad sail switch. If you don't even get the fan running then that might not be your issue. Didn't you get a walk-thru when you bought it? All of that stuff should of been tested before you drove off. Just MHO.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:48 PM   #4

The entire experience of the delivery of the Roo was awful. They had it set up, so they didn't show how to set it up. They showed a few things that I didn't have on my prior, then the person disappeared. We were left sitting there not knowing what to do. I had to chase someone down to tell us what the next step was....the locks were all crusty with salt build up, something I mentioned to the salesman to make sure it was taken care of, it wasn't. So, NO they didn't verify that the heat worked. The first use of the stove, the ignite knob broke off. It has been one thing after another with only 3 uses. Camping World in Island Lake/Wauconda also has the worst service department.
MuskyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 08:52 PM   #5

Angry CW service ?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuskyD View Post
The entire experience of the delivery of the Roo was awful. They had it set up, so they didn't show how to set it up. They showed a few things that I didn't have on my prior, then the person disappeared. We were left sitting there not knowing what to do. I had to chase someone down to tell us what the next step was....the locks were all crusty with salt build up, something I mentioned to the salesman to make sure it was taken care of, it wasn't. So, NO they didn't verify that the heat worked. The first use of the stove, the ignite knob broke off. It has been one thing after another with only 3 uses. Camping World in Island Lake/Wauconda also has the worst service department.
Service departments are usually the weak link in RV dealerships. They just don't give a ----. CW is no different.
Probwrm19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:11 AM   #6
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuskyD View Post
The first use of the stove, the ignite knob broke off.
Small consolation but mine did too. I called RVWholesalers, they called Suburban, Suburban mailed me a complete igniter assembly.
A good dealer is the key, as you have found out.
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:14 AM   #7

Our igniter was broken on first use. Called Surburban directly, sent one out, it was broken when it arrived and had to send another out, this time in a box. The end of the igniter knob is not very robust.
Jimandchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:21 AM   #8

I feel for you MuskyD, our first RV was nothing but headaches and we bought it brand new. So far this new 5th wheel has been a charm for us. I think I went through 5 igniters on 10 trips. Decided to buy a few of those induction cookers and that solved the problem. Saved on using proprane also when we camp with full hookups.
Scootdawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace, roo